Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 591 times)

jcalder8

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« on: April 30, 2012, 06:46:56 pm »
I have just started to play through the game and so far I'm enjoying it. I love all the different augments that you have available to you but as always when I have that many choices in front of me I have a hard time picking which one I want to build up first.

Who else has put time into this and what did you think?

psydswipe

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:38:25 pm »
I did finish the game but it's hard to remember what I did. You do end up getting a lot of the augments, you can't get them all but I think I had around 50. As you progress, the upgrade points (I can't even remember what they were called) become available for purchase every once in a while and you can find some. To start I believe I upgraded most of the hacking stuff but by the end of the game I was tired of hacking computers as I typically hacked every single computer I came across. I'm sure you can get by with whatever you choose. It is fun to get the strength one that allows you to pick up large objects, and sometimes those soda machines are blocking vents.

Did you play the original Deus Ex? I actually still remember two moments stand out in that game thanks to leg augments that helped with jumping and reducing damage on falls. One was a rooftop ambush I escaped by jumping off the side of the building and surviving. Another was similar, as I escaped some tough enemies by dropping a long ways off of a catwalk. This new one is great but I don't recall any really tough enemies. Some of the boss fights can be annoying though.

foxhack

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:57:54 pm »
I'm trying to get into Deus Ex HR, but... I suck at combat and stealth. :(