Author Topic: Video Game Collecting Dying Thoughts?  (Read 5696 times)

Re: Video Game Collecting Dying Thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 10:53:23 pm »
I not only post on behalf of my own self but for others as well. We are all in this together, what ever happens to one of us is more likely to happen to everyone of us eventually

I've seen what people can do with electronics and it's not pretty. in the long run, I think everything will be alright.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 11:01:37 pm »
I not only post on behalf of my own self but for others as well.

Just post for yourself.  The rest of us are more than capable of speaking for ourselves.

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2021, 04:46:41 am »
Nice unhinged response and totally cool wishing death on people.  8) You're annoying as all get-out but I'd never wish death upon on you regardless of how asinine your posts tend to get. If anything, you probably need some damn HELP to get your head right and stop drinking the Kool-Aid that Sony, hackers or whoever else is trying to ruin your life. Also, about PS1 games, if you're so eager to play them, they make these things called PlayStations you can play them on. They're quite plentiful and can be had at flea markets for the cost of a meal at a fast casual restaurant. Also, you might consider a PlayStation Classic or even PSN if you're so inclined. :P

I really prefer to play my PS1 games on a PlayStation 3 because, I can create 1000's of virtual memory cards and hold all my PlayStation 1 gaming progress, without needing to hunt down 100's of PlayStation 1 memory cards. I have a PS1 classic and I really like mine (edit) one sports game.  can usually take up an entire PS1 memory card also this same goes for the Nintendo 64 as well.

I not only post on behalf of my own self but for others as well.

Just post for yourself.  The rest of us are more than capable of speaking for ourselves.

understood.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:48:32 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2021, 05:47:49 am »
Collecting Videogames is more populair then ever why would it by dying anytime soon? I'd almost  start calling it a hipster hobby, wherest 15-20 years ago it was just seen as a poor man's hobby.

I was being laughed at school sometimes because i was into older games, like why would you want that old junk can't you afford a ps2!!

covfefe2020

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2021, 09:49:35 am »
A little reminder that right now Wii games are the same price as those retro games were in 2000. Back then the NES was 15 years old and now the Wii is 15 years old. You just don't want to collect the actual cheap stuff before a nostalgia wave hits zoomers with disposable income.

why would you want that old junk can't you afford a ps2!!

This is hilarious to see cause I´ve gotten all of my ps2´s for like $15 each.

The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

sworddude

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2021, 05:31:57 pm »
Collecting Videogames is more populair then ever why would it by dying anytime soon? I'd almost  start calling it a hipster hobby, wherest 15-20 years ago it was just seen as a poor man's hobby.

I was being laughed at school sometimes because i was into older games, like why would you want that old junk can't you afford a ps2!!

GBA came out at the very same time as the ps2 and those where all 2D games. and since they where brand new games it's not a poor mans hobby in that case.

Pretty much every kid liked 2d games at the time as a result of the gba being really popular. Ds also didn't shy away from 2d games.

A little reminder that right now Wii games are the same price as those retro games were in 2000. Back then the NES was 15 years old and now the Wii is 15 years old. You just don't want to collect the actual cheap stuff before a nostalgia wave hits zoomers with disposable income.

why would you want that old junk can't you afford a ps2!!

This is hilarious to see cause I´ve gotten all of my ps2´s for like $15 each.

Wii games while relatively cheap now aren't dollar prices unless where talking actual shovelware. retro games back in the 2000's pretty much all had dollar prices. I don't think we'll ever get those cheap lows again because game collecting is just more popular now plus with the internet being the big behemoth that it is hidden gems will rarely be forgotten.

It doesn't have as much of a change to hide like past generations of consoles when the internet was in it's infancy
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:58:53 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dreama1

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2021, 07:03:58 pm »
With the retro games being bought up by the masses and the modern gaming industry pushing all digital, what do you think will become of VGCOllect? I think if things keep going like they are today they will be nothing left, unless some new console replaces the modern stuff. I would not mind digital only games if there was a way I could keep and play the ones I bought for as long as I want to. But that is not the case.

VGCollect is explicitly not a physical only database.  It is a database for individual titles and for people to track them - regardless of the platform or medium.  You've made it clear that you don't utilize the site like anyone else.  This site will be fine.

I keep my PS3 and my Xbox360 offline because of this thought and I think we should all turn off our WIFI on our 7th generation video game consoles.

::)

If SONY ever does not remotely disable my PS3 somehow. If they do I hope to God they just die of the freking COVID 19, I don't care about them now. I have a whole collection of PS1 games I use my PS3 for and when if I somehow can't play them on my PS3 anymore I'll be pissed because I too would have purchased a whole entire collection of useless shit. And SONY is not even releasing a lot of games I got on their store front. Anyone reading this don't buy the PS5 fuck that shit >:(

The PS5 is going to play PS4 and PS5 games so soon you will not be able to use your PS4 anymore excpect maybe Bluray movies

Ps4 owners might have it rougher though even your physical games will be unplayable when that ps4 internal clock runs dry

https://in.ign.com/ps3/156762/news/ps3-drm-kills-digital-games-ps4-discs-report

If I'm not mistaken ps5 has that same system. I think there will be solutions for this problem for collectors and such but for the masses who owned such consoles it will be paper weight to much of a hassle. ticking time bombs, was this done on purpose to remove people from their older consoles? because it would definitely work for majority of the consumer base and they would probably not give a flying fuck cause of newer gens and because the console was probably going to die at some point anyway :o

I hope switch and wii u don't have that many issues considering it's allot less online heavy than microsoft or sony.

You don't to have wait long on that one with the PS3. Just till the end of this year probably.

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 07:41:58 pm »
My PS3 has not been fully online or plugged in for 2 years, I can still play games on it for now, but if I can no longer play any game on it, I'm never going to buy another SONY product again.

My internal clock is wrong and everything works likes normal for now.

If this happens to the PS3 PS4 and PS5 I hope someone punishes SONY for their greed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 07:48:34 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

sworddude

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2021, 07:53:42 pm »
My PS3 has not been fully online or plugged in for 2 years, I can still play games on it for now, but if I can no longer play any game on it, I'm never going to buy another SONY product again.

My internal clock is wrong and everything works likes normal for now.

If this happens to the PS3 PS4 and PS5 I hope someone punishes SONY for their greed.

ps3 will be fine with physical games. it's just digital content that will be unusable if sony doesn't patch it.

although I do wonder if patches count as digital content but the base version should always work.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2021, 11:45:19 pm »
this article is about consumer rights so nobody is suppose to disable products that consumers purchased legally

https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection

NO APPS NEEDED

covfefe2020

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2021, 01:25:02 am »
The price of the dollar has risen something like 55% since 2000. And the idea that moms getting rid of video games oblivious to true value ever going away is just absurd to me.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2021, 05:11:22 am »
this article is about consumer rights so nobody is suppose to disable products that consumers purchased legally

https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection
1) US law doesn’t apply to consumers outside the US
2) you didn’t link to an article, merely a web portal.
3) Sony isn’t intentionally disabling your console. It might happen out of a stupid design on their part, but good luck ever proving it, or have you never owned a car in your life?
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

sworddude

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2021, 05:12:19 am »
The price of the dollar has risen something like 55% since 2000. And the idea that moms getting rid of video games oblivious to true value ever going away is just absurd to me.

Why though sony's representative is the exact reason why moms throw games away for dirt cheap.

I quote: Who play's this ancient stuff?

Most people who played old games in the past have zero nostalgia for it at all they just want to play realistic modern day stuff if it's not the newest of the new it's not enjoyable stuff gets dated to the masses. Majority of my family members who are older now don't give two shits about mario world anymore. To allot of people old games are worthless the only difference in the current era is that instead of throwing those old games away at least now they are worth a nice buck.

Their mentality for the actual content has however remained the exact same Crazy that people pay that much money for worthless junk what's so fun about this. Another man's trash is someone else's treasure.

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2021, 09:57:52 am »

GBA came out at the very same time as the ps2 and those where all 2D games. and since they where brand new games it's not a poor mans hobby in that case.

Pretty much every kid liked 2d games at the time as a result of the gba being really popular. Ds also didn't shy away from 2d games.

I'm talking retro stuff, what does the gba have to do with this it was new back then. If you were like 16 in 2002 all most school kids cared about was playing gta 3 and maybe (smoking cigs and drinking beer.)
If you were seen walking around with a handheld you would end up being laughed at for it being a kids console or in the worst case being bullied, well atleast it was like that to the school i went.
Since i was into master system and sega in general i was being laugh at for being too poor to buy the latest consoles, not that i really cared anyway, trading a pack of cigarettes or couple of beers for a ps1 rpg, well don't mind me if i do, yep i was still being called an idiot after the trade.

sworddude

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2021, 11:28:07 am »

I'm talking retro stuff, what does the gba have to do with this it was new back then. If you were like 16 in 2002 all most school kids cared about was playing gta 3 and maybe (smoking cigs and drinking beer.)
If you were seen walking around with a handheld you would end up being laughed at for it being a kids console or in the worst case being bullied, well atleast it was like that to the school i went.
Since i was into master system and sega in general i was being laugh at for being too poor to buy the latest consoles, not that i really cared anyway, trading a pack of cigarettes or couple of beers for a ps1 rpg, well don't mind me if i do, yep i was still being called an idiot after the trade.

was pretty different for me at the time.

Everyone was playing pokemon or mario smash. GBA was just as new as the ps2. it wasn't retro ps2 was released in 2000 gba in 2001. ps2 is more retro than the gba. I still remember them late night gaming sessions with mario party it kept on going with the ds era.

Sure people had GTA aswell. but in my case at school everyone was talking about regi puzzles and such. You where the cool kid if you knew the secrets of such games. Fun times especially since I was one of the guru's at the time for this kind of stuff. pretty much everyone was busy with nintendo it seems.

Gamecube was the console for multiplayer ps2 and xbox where not really notable at the time in my region at least. and when people usually had those aside from GTA they only had shovelware.

I also remember that even at the time we would download snes roms or that people had a sega console from their parents that they would use. and gba emulation on pc was even a thing from the get go when the games where brand new in stores interesting times. 3ds era was when the party died except with friends.

Guess what's popular will vary per region. Always interesting to see what other people's experiences where at the time.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:42:54 am by sworddude »