Author Topic: XBOX 360 Help  (Read 2596 times)

desocietas

Re: XBOX 360 Help
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 02:59:32 pm »
I completely agree about Geometry Wars 2 - I don't like shooters but it got me really interested in playing the Xbox (period), especially with all the diff modes of play.

There are quite a number of interesting XBLA games if you're fine with download items, such as
Bastion, Pinball FX 2, and the hard copy of the Triple Pack with Limbo/Trials HD/'Splosion Man has gone on sale a couple of times which is an excellent deal for the 3.

As for the Live sub, I wonder if they just said "lifetime sub" just for the Silver, as that is free.  If you need a gold sub, I still have a few 12 month gold cards available that I bought for cheap in case you want to purchase one from me :)

Here's a list of the differences that I sent to a roommate back about 6 months ago paraphrasing what's on the xbox site:

free membership - SILVER:

Preview games with free demos
Watch HD movies and TV from Zune (if you have a Zune membership)
Download new games and game add-ons (sold separately)
Create and customize your Avatar
Industry-leading, built-in Family Settings
Chat and text with Friends on Xbox LIVE

paid membership - GOLD:

Everything you get with SILVER
Download exclusive game demos that might not be available to SILVER members
Play games online with friends
Instantly watch HD movies from Netflix (if you have a Netflix membership)
Instantly watch last night's TV today with Hulu Plus (if you have a Hulu Plus membership)
Live sports from ESPN on Xbox LIVE
Video Kinectâ„¢, Facebook and Twitter on your TV
Personalized music from Zune* and Last.fm (if you have a Zune membership)
Gold subscriber-only sales
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tpugmire

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 04:27:00 pm »
From what I've gathered, there is no lifetime Gold subscription.  I got it set up yesterday and created my avatar and all that stuff.  I played a little Kinect Star Wars, and decided I need more games.  While it's fun, it's just not my thing.  I found a few downloadable games that I'd like to try, so I signed up for  Bing rewards so I can get some free points.  Gamestop is open the exact same hours I work, so I might hit them up next weekend to browse.  How much do yo want for one of those cards desociatas?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »
How much do yo want for one of those cards desociatas?

used 360 games seem pretty easy to come by, too.. lots of stuff out there.  i can sell you a card for $40 if ya like!  i can probably just mail it first class or something since it's just a card, so don't worry about shipping unless you want tracking info :P
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 06:10:12 am »

used 360 games seem pretty easy to come by, too.. lots of stuff out there.  i can sell you a card for $40 if ya like!  i can probably just mail it first class or something since it's just a card, so don't worry about shipping unless you want tracking info :P

It would probably be easier to just email the code  ;)

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 01:35:42 pm »

It would probably be easier to just email the code  ;)

I was thinking the same after I posted the bit about shipping :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tpugmire

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 04:07:40 pm »
I'll take one of those cards, but I'm going to hold off until I get some games to play first.  Unless you're in a hurry, that is.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »
I'll take one of those cards, but I'm going to hold off until I get some games to play first.  Unless you're in a hurry, that is.

Not in a hurry at all!  They're just sitting on my desk collecting dust :)

Just let me know!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas