Author Topic: Suggestion: "Compare" view mode  (Read 512 times)

Suggestion: "Compare" view mode
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:56 pm »
I think it would be a cool idea if when looking at another user's collection if you could do a "compare view" where you can easily see overlaps, what you have and what they have. You could have one tab for each of the three mentioned categories, and within those tabs, you can have the platforms.

I had this idea while talking to another member, and they mentioned they were interested in some NES games that I have that they don't. I only have 50 or so, but they have almost 400, so sorting through the pages is tedious.

Anyways, keep up the great work everyone!

And on a separate note, is there a donate button somewhere that I'm missing?  ::)

matt

Re: Suggestion: "Compare" view mode
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:57:38 pm »
I actually like the sounds of that. I'll try to see what I can come up with. I'm looking into more advanced ways of viewing collection details and stats and I bet we can add a features like this. Definitely in the early planning stages but I'll add it to the to-do list.

As for donations, this page has been up for sometime but I've never felt the need to make it public. But since you asked...

http://vgcollect.com/support/

Thanks!

madmax

Re: Suggestion: "Compare" view mode
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 12:51:21 am »
+1 for collection comparisons. When 2 collectors collect the same things (be it a specific console, game .etc) they can see what they have compared to others.