Author Topic: what got you into collecting video games  (Read 5348 times)

Re: what got you into collecting video games
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 04:06:04 am »
well, im a bit younger and didn't grow up when the nes came out. it was my brothers. but i played it alot. same as snes and n64(all my lucky brothers) then he sold them. years later all he had left was the nes with a about 15 games and i was in to now a day games(xbox 360).well randomly a retro gaming store came in to my town,he had alot of cool sounding games...but i didn't have a system(except an nes) for them so i bought a fc3 plus and started buying games just for fun then got more into it cuase of all the awesomr sounding gamesso i started disliking my fc3 and went on to buying the orginal systems... well meanless to say i got a little hooked... a few games turned into me buying lots on ebay to me asking my friends if they wanted to sell there games.i've only been collecting games for about 3 months now and it's awesome!!! i've always been into collectibles(i make a living buying and selling old antique pocketwatches random ah?) so i've always had a collectors mind and have some knowledge in older collectibles to gain knowledge about this stuff and its awesome to have video games as a hobby,fun to talk about fun to play
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

Re: what got you into collecting video games
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 04:25:05 pm »
I really was collecting video games my whole entire life. Only a select few games I traded in when I was a child. Now I regret doing that just for collectors sake. My official start of collecting video games started when I purchased the SEGA Dreamcast from a Retro Video Game store. Thats when I started to go to thrift stores and retro game stores more often in search of video games.