Author Topic: Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Retro Collection Announced  (Read 1149 times)

Re: Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Retro Collection Announced
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2023, 03:24:21 pm »
Funny enough, while I normally like well done covers, I kinda just want them to go as simple as possible and just do the logo on black lol Very "placeholder" for games nowadays, but it's the original poster for the movie and I feel it's kind of iconic because of that lol

telekill

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2023, 03:31:00 pm »
Funny enough, while I normally like well done covers, I kinda just want them to go as simple as possible and just do the logo on black lol Very "placeholder" for games nowadays, but it's the original poster for the movie and I feel it's kind of iconic because of that lol

Agreed. I was happy with the placeholder because it was iconic. Now it looks way too busy.

As a heads up, I did write to Limited Run Games, asking if they are planning to add in the Game Gear/Master System and Sega CD games into the collection. I specifically told them that adding the Genesis games brought me closer to buying it, but adding the other two would sell me on the product.

ferraroso

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2023, 11:43:36 pm »
Yeah.
Gotta say I find that new cover to be pretty bad...
I think the cover would look great showing only the Jurrasic Park logo (which happens to be one of the most iconic in movie history) on a black background.

I own the Jurassic Park Laser Disc and it looks absolutely awesome as it is!

telekill

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2023, 07:57:55 am »
I own the Jurassic Park Laser Disc and it looks absolutely awesome as it is!

Great collectors item.

As an update from my email to LRG reference the Game Gear and Sega CD games being added, the person that replied either had no idea or wasn't willing to divulge the information. They did say they passed the request on to the appropriate team resources, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

telekill

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2023, 01:29:54 pm »
Well, I never thought I'd order from them again, but I pulled the trigger on this. Preordered the basic PS5 edition which after shipping and taxes came out to slightly more than $47. That's fair for moving two of my favorite Genesis games onto modern systems.

LRG says the game will ship 4-6 months after preorders have closed which is Oct. 15th. That puts shipping between Feb. 15th and April 15th next year... ironically missing the 30th anniversary. Just the same, it'll be nice to have these in HD. No word on if it comes with a collector's card like their other releases, or if there was, I missed it. Either way, I'll have more than likely forgotten I should be expecting this game by the time it lands on my doorstep and it'll be a welcome surprise.

dhaabi

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2023, 04:40:05 pm »
No word on if it comes with a collector's card like their other releases, or if there was, I missed it.

Limited Run Games releases no longer include a "free" trading card, evident from a blog post from earlier this year. They still easily could continue this practice unlike what their explanation suggests, but LRG doesn't begin the manufacturing process for anything until after an item's preorder window has concluded. Item prices have also not lowered to reflect this part of orders having been removed.

telekill

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2023, 08:47:03 am »
No word on if it comes with a collector's card like their other releases, or if there was, I missed it.

Limited Run Games releases no longer include a "free" trading card, evident from a blog post from earlier this year. They still easily could continue this practice unlike what their explanation suggests, but LRG doesn't begin the manufacturing process for anything until after an item's preorder window has concluded. Item prices have also not lowered to reflect this part of orders having been removed.

Yeah, looks like they have a bunch of Jurassic merch you can buy separately. Shirts, hats, skateboard decks, and a set of 5 trading cards for $8. Everything is overpriced for their merch. Two enamel pins for $30. Hats and shirts are $30. Hoodies are $55. Skateboard decks are $75.

Gross.

telekill

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2023, 05:45:07 pm »
Holy crap. Just got an e-mail from LRG saying my Jurassic Park game has shipped. That's incredibly early for what they said to expect.