Author Topic: Fake or Real?  (Read 2667 times)

Re: Fake or Real?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 11:56:44 pm »
Im going to say Sonic Spinball and Rocket Knight Adventures

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 03:36:10 am »
Only one I can spot right away is that Beyond Oasis is fake.

The rest are darn good... so out of the rest I'd say lightening force and shining in the darkness.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:58:45 am by pceslayer »

ffxik

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 04:27:29 am »
To be honest I can't tell from that pic.  I have most of those boxes myself, and I can't tell the difference, except maybe Sonice Spinball.  That though, maybe just because of the way the picture was taken.  It doesn't appear to have the striping on it.  My only clue.  Can't go by the small numbers on the side because some cases just don't have them.

With guys like TCP around that do complete mock ups of retail covers, I would be hard pressed to know or even guess without holding it in my hands.  There is quite the difference between home printers and professional ones.  Alot of places will not print VG covers no matter what lines you feed'em..... unless you have friend in the back.   ;)

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 04:57:39 am »
What do I get for getting at least one right?

Some prints for my loose carts!?!? lol

darko

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:29 am »
To be honest I can't tell from that pic.  I have most of those boxes myself, and I can't tell the difference, except maybe Sonice Spinball.  That though, maybe just because of the way the picture was taken.  It doesn't appear to have the striping on it.  My only clue.  Can't go by the small numbers on the side because some cases just don't have them.

With guys like TCP around that do complete mock ups of retail covers, I would be hard pressed to know or even guess without holding it in my hands.  There is quite the difference between home printers and professional ones.  Alot of places will not print VG covers no matter what lines you feed'em..... unless you have friend in the back.   ;)

Luckily I found a place close to my house that doesn't care if it's a VG cover or not. I agree with the professional printer v home printers. I would never do this stuff without using a pro printer.

Only one I can spot right away is that Beyond Oasis is fake.

The rest are darn good... so out of the rest I'd say lightening force and shining in the darkness.

Winner!

Beyond Oasis is a dead giveaway since it didn't come in a clam shell case.

I forgot to adjust the white balance before I printed the others off so the Sega logos are a little too dark on the fakes, but I'm pretty happy with the results! I recommend it 110% if you can find someone to print it off for you. I actually had 4 in there and didn't notice until now. Revenge of Shinobi is also a sham.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:19:56 am by darko »

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 09:57:17 am »
How much does it cost you print these?

darko

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:18 am »
I don't remember exactly, somewhere in the neighborhood of $0.50-0.70 a piece? Half of the time I go in they only charge me for a couple and give me the rest for free. Between all of my GBA for DS labels and these I've probably spent ~ $30.00.

soera

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 10:23:55 am »
The recent batch ... we got 9 and they charged us for 5 ... it was $3.15

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 11:23:00 am »
Not bad at all...