Author Topic: Cartoon Game Reviews Part 1  (Read 540 times)

Cartoon Game Reviews Part 1
« on: July 23, 2023, 08:56:50 am »
I'd like to do a review of every single Nickelodeon video game by chronological order, plus every TMNT game too. Could you give me the list to get me started?

dhaabi

Re: Cartoon Game Reviews Part 1
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 09:08:39 am »
As far as Nickelodeon games, you likely won't find an exhaustive list of every game adaptation, let alone such a list in chronological order. Your best course of action is to sift through a comprehensive list of shows which does exist and then searching to see which ones were adapted.

I'd be interested to see if you actually follow through with your goal.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 09:16:29 am »
Here it is!

Doug
Rugrats
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Aaahh! Real Monsters
Hey Arnold!
The Wild Thornberrys
SpongeBob SquarePants
Rocket Power
The Fairly OddParents
Jimmy Neutron
All Grown Up!
Danny Phantom
Tak and Power of JUJU
Barnyard
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

And the crossovers!

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 09:30:47 am »
Is this strictly for cartoons, as the topic title suggests? The OP simply states every Nickelodeon game, which would mean games like Are You Afraid of the Dark? The Tale of Orpheo's Curse should be added to your goal list.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 09:34:27 am »
No, I am not looking forward to an Are You Afraid of the Dark game. I'm on the cartoon spectrum.

telekill

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2023, 09:42:31 am »
Cowabunga Collection will get you a massive chunk of the good TMNT games. Other TMNT games that I'm aware of are the three from the PS2 era based on the 2003 cartoon, a PS3 era game and Shredder's Revenge.

The one that you'll more than likely not get to play is Turtles in Time Re-Shelled which was removed from digital stores and never physically released during the PS3 days. I belive it was when Nickelodeon first bought the IP.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2023, 02:09:28 pm »
I'll start with the first TMNT on the NES.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Genre: Action, Platformer
Release Date: June 1989
Developer: Konami
Publisher: Ultra Games
# of Players: 1
Special Features: N/A
Type: Licensed
Availability: Very Common
★★★1/2

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 09:21:23 am »
That info about the first TMNT on the NES was from the Ultimate Nintendo NES book. I'll give it a 10/10!

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2023, 10:27:35 am »
Nobody commented in a long time. Other than TMNT and Nicktoons games, I could also do Cartoon Network games!

How does that help? (Sorry for the dupe thread.)

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2023, 08:42:06 pm »
Unfortunately the forums aren't super active these days, but if you'd like to post about any game series (or types) you are working on I would encourage you to.  I read pretty much everything that gets posted, even if I don't reply to it.

dhaabi

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2023, 08:53:04 pm »
Nobody commented in a long time. Other than TMNT and Nicktoons games, I could also do Cartoon Network games!

Unfortunately the forums aren't super active these days, but if you'd like to post about any game series (or types) you are working on I would encourage you to.  I read pretty much everything that gets posted, even if I don't reply to it.

I was initially interested in the topic, but I found the basic star rating system without any additional thought lacking. If OP is committed to the task and is wanting to post about it, I'd recommend adding at least why a game was given its score. It can be brief. Without any actual written review, readers won't gain any insight. For instance, I know nothing about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the review doesn't tell me anything about why it deserves its score. On that note, it wasn't explained if the rating system is on a four or five star rating scale. So, my understanding now is that the game is either leaning average or leaning good.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 09:03:20 pm by dhaabi »