Author Topic: FINISH HIM, Flawless Victory, Disassembly.  (Read 3268 times)

ffxik

Re: FINISH HIM, Flawless Victory, Disassembly.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 02:57:21 am »
So messy :o

When I take my PS3 apart (done it 7-8 times now) I like everything up by order it's been removed in, I have tape (facing up) with screws lined up on it in the correct order.
I know the system by heart by now but I can't help doing it that way :P

I used to use the tape method too, but after taking them apart so many time I could do it in my sleep.  Yea it's a mess.  That's what I get for using our bed.  The kitchen table was in use at the time and someone showes up at my hous at 10 pm saying "My Gamecubes not reading discs or doing much anything else.  Fix it." 

Sad thing is I could have avoided that whole debacle had I actually NOT believed the guy who dropped it off.   First thing I ask when dealing with top loaders is,

"Did you try cleaning the lens?"
"Yes."
"Really?"
" (expletive)Yea, man I did"

Took it apart swapped some parts still didn't work.  So I cleaned the lens, and lo and behold it fires right up.

"Cleaned the lens, huh..."
"Errr.."
"The next time I see this thing it's going on Ebay."

I was irate at the end it ws 4 am when I finished re-assembling both systems and testing them out.  Top it all off he didn't pay me.

*ALWAYS* Get Paid (at least partially) In ADVANCE!!!

I'm not worried about it.  I'll see him again. heh heh heh....

When I take my PS3 apart (done it 7-8 times now) I like everything up by order it's been removed in, I have tape (facing up) with screws lined up on it in the correct order.

Have you fixed YLoD's on the older "fat" PS3's.

Do I know how to?  Yes. Have I?  No.  I have some friends that do it no problem, however most of the repairs only seem to be temperary at best.  So I don't bother. 

Since the slim ps2 was mentioned ... I got one in that really big lot I got. It turns on but nothing else happens. Any idea how tough that is to fix?

Depends on what you mean by powering on.  Does it display on the TV?  Is there no display but sound works?  It may be something simple, or it may be a doorstop hard to say. lol

soera

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 01:47:13 pm »
I get an LED that shows on but thats it.

madmax

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 05:43:45 pm »

Yep several times :)
Unfortunately those fixes are only temporary :(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »

Yep several times :)

Unfortunately those fixes are only temporary :(

Really Sucks  >:(

...that the console that I like the most is the one that needs to get repaired the most :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ffxik

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 06:42:48 am »
I get an LED that shows on but thats it.

Honestly it sounds like something is very wrong internally.  If you already have a PS2 I wouldn't bother fixing it.  If you don't, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a working console. 

soera

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 02:48:01 pm »
All right, was mostly an extra so Im not sure what I will do with it now.

jcalder8

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 10:02:13 pm »
All right, was mostly an extra so Im not sure what I will do with it now.
BURN IT! Burn it all!