Author Topic: New PC Talk...  (Read 182 times)

New PC Talk...
« on: May 11, 2024, 06:32:01 pm »
I never went through my previous upgrade I thought about a couple years back and with most of my PC being 6 years old, it's time for a fully new system.  Performance on games is functional, but getting a little rougher, honestly surprised I've done as well as I have on some games with a GTX 1060 still, like Helldivers 2 can play pretty decently.  New Egg has a nice handy PC builder setup now, and so just wanting some opinions on this build.

https://newegg.io/994a71f

I think the only thing I'm missing is that the initial build guide didn't give me any extra fans for the case that I can see, the cooler comes with a big one for up top, and then I'd just need like 4 more for the side and back.  Is Windows 11 a must yet for new systems or can I do just fine with Windows 10 for now? Cutting that out would save me 140 bucks and I can just grab that whenever if I need to upgrade.

I'm still probably fine with my 144hz 1080p monitor I bought a couple years ago, though I'll maybe see about a 1440p or perhaps 4k one here eventually and just make this one my secondary.  This is my general budget, like 1600 to 1800.  I was gonna try and be ready for Memorial Day to see about getting on some sales, but might not make it till next month, but figured I'd get some opinions on the build for now.

*EDIT* Ack, just realized I put this in Off Topic and not Hardware, if a mod could move it for me, that would be helpful.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 09:14:15 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: New PC Talk...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 08:16:59 pm »
Glad you got a new computer :)

mine are good but are currently 9 and 10 years old, but still work good, both are old, but work for everything I need them to work for, I improvise in just about everything I do, but I don't ever prate video games, A pirate is someone who downloads the newest video games for free, good thing I am not one. But anyway I wish you the best of luck on your new computer and or systems.
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 11:06:12 am »
Age of computer doesn't really matter since computing has been on the plateau for so long. You didn't post specs for your current system to compare to. Usually you only need to upgrade a video card these days and not the entire system. My gaming computer is probably the same age as yours or perhaps older (I'm using a CPU from 2017) and I haven't had any reason to upgrade or even consider building a new computer. I know a lot of people just upgrade or build a new computer because they think they have to.

The airflow design on the chassis looks fine as it is, where would you add more fans to? The images show 2 in and 3 out and using the liquid cooler on the video card solves the issue of those fans pushing air down into the power supply.

Windows 11 still represents itself as Windows v10, and I haven't run into anything that actually requires it. Video card drivers are what really sets the minimum OS version, where drivers have a minimum supported Windows build number in the INF.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 03:53:57 pm »
Sorry, meant to post sooner, but I changed the case to something else as I liked better that had a nice interior and it comes with fans, so that whole point I brought up with the fans doesn't matter now lol Forgot it would auto change the link I posted here.  Also removed Windows 11 ahead of time as it just saves money and if it came down to it, I can buy it at any time if necessary, but I figured it wasn't going to be a huge deal to get.

My current system is a...

ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA 1151
Intel Core i5 8th Gen - Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.6 GHz
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3000
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING
EVGA 600 BR 100-BR-0600-K1 600 W
And then have a 1tb SSD I've been using, but no specs on that because I bought it after my initial PC build.

I'm sure there's some room for improvement, but a graphics card wouldn't be all I'd need right? I know most games lean on the graphics card, but some can be CPU intensive too, and I'm trying to get my system to hit high/ultra settings on most of the games out now, particularly stuff like Helldivers 2, Cyberpunk 2077, and to be ready to run something like STALKER 2 coming up real well, while also doing like 120+ frames fairly consistently at 1080p.

« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:10:05 am »
GAME COMPUTER: INTEL(R) PENTIUM(R)  G3250 @ 3.20Ghz year build 2014 the radio station is probably a 2016 built I am not posting that one because? that one is not my primary PC although that PC is 2 or maybe 3 times more powerful than my gaming machine is today

My current gaming system is a 2 core and 2 logic processor system with 1 socket and base speed of 3.20Ghz

8GB or Random Access Memory and I think 2 slots for DDR3? but not sure

My Current video card is a October 2009 Nvidia GeForce 210 with capture ability through a third party app

My Current gaming computer video card also comes with HDMI sound and HDMI video plug in tech

1920 x 1080 60hz (no shadowplay)

3 fans one in front one in center and another one on the power supply.

My current monitor is a flat screen "Amazon Basic" it is bigger then 1 foot metric wide and about 1 foot exactly tall in US metric.

speakers "Realtek High Definition Audio"

932 GB hard drive on both my PC's
« Last Edit: Today at 12:12:10 am by oldgamerz »
NO APPS NEEDED

over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:43:34 am »
My current gaming PC has a rattling Power supply fan and a small generator hum, the older PC's I had were more silent but this one is old and works, it is damaged though 3 out of 8 USB ports do not work but I do got a USB extension that saved me from buying a new PC the motherboard video is shot to hell but the sound chip is fine I got a sound chip and not a internal sound card today, because the sound chip sounds much better then my sound cards do. The display is clear and the heat level is never too hot on both machines because I live underground and got a dehumidifier to keep it cool and dry. The Radio Station PC has 4 lion jacks with one plugged in, and 2 or 4 fans and a motherboard temp gauge on the inside digital.
NO APPS NEEDED