Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei 4 coming to 3DS  (Read 1206 times)

jobocan

Shin Megami Tensei 4 coming to 3DS
« on: May 30, 2012, 10:08:58 am »
http://andriasang.com/con173/megaten4_3ds/

The last main SMT game was released back in 2003 in Japan, that being Nocturne on the PS2, so I'm REALLY excited to see this.

desocietas

Re: Shin Megami Tensei 4 coming to 3DS
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:49:41 pm »
http://andriasang.com/con173/megaten4_3ds/

The last main SMT game was released back in 2003 in Japan, that being Nocturne on the PS2, so I'm REALLY excited to see this.

People still say Nocturne is one of the best of all the SMT games (I still haven't played much of it... :\ but from what I did, it looked pretty awesome), so this is really interesting news for sure.

And interesting that it's coming out for the 3DS after all that Sony love!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:17:39 pm »
Here's the official site just in case anyone wants to see it.

http://megaten4.jp/

Nothing special yet, it just says "Shin Megami Tensei IV", and confirms that it's on 3DS.

I really loved Nocturne, it was excellent, so I'm setting pretty similar expectations for 4, and REALLY hope it gets localized (though Atlus is pretty good to us usually).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:41:45 pm by jobocan »

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »
I read an interview a while ago that Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey was originally planned to be 4, so I'm not surprised it's coming out for the 3DS at all.

I'm wondering if it's going to be more like Nocturne or more like Strange Journey.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:19 pm »
I read an interview a while ago that Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey was originally planned to be 4, so I'm not surprised it's coming out for the 3DS at all.

I'm wondering if it's going to be more like Nocturne or more like Strange Journey.

Man, now I want to go back and play Strange Journey or Dark Spire again... Talk about wanting to punish myself.  I was addicted to SJ when I first picked it up, but about 10 hours in or so, I probably spent about 2 hours getting through this one section, fought the boss and barely won, needed to escape the building and died on my way out.  With no save points available at any point.  I was so mad, I shelved it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:56 pm »
Awesome!  The 3DS really needs some more awesome games, and SMT4 sounds like a great start to that.  xD  I'm also glad this isn't coming out on the Vita... I mean, it's already getting P4: The Golden, so it's nice the other portable is getting some SMT love too.  :3
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:48:27 pm »
Urgh 3DS. Chances of being able to play it in Europe = 3%. Thanks for the region-locking, Nintendo!

I hope it has better dungeons than Strange Journey. Holy hell were they bad in that.