Author Topic: Videogame Comics/Manga/Books, what do you think?  (Read 2560 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Videogame Comics/Manga/Books, what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 09:25:21 am »
Then, maybe, just  (eventually) add a sub-category for ost's (just, imo, there's enough of them w/ enough 'consistencies'/'constanants' to equal strategy guides).

Then, maybe, *instead* of adding any more "mini"/"sub"-categories...let the vagueness/looseness of the "Swag" category be left up to each individual user as to what they want/don't want to track & list in their collection.

I think that this would keep everything simpler (for the site), while leaving everything open enough to each individual user.

Just my 2 cents-
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »
(...)I think there needs to be a guideline about how far we want to take this site. (...)
YES, I think this is EXACTLY what we need.  Some things might already be getting a little crazy, as there are some pieces of swag that I wouldn't of considered even adding... and that's why I asked my question in the first place!  If there's a line drawn, wherever it may be, that'd probably help everyone if they were unsure in the first place. :)
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 01:09:16 am »
Should I add my Street Fighter 2 dvds?

As long as it's video game related, I vote yeah.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 10:44:00 am »
Should I add my Street Fighter 2 dvds?

Well, that's what I was saying...

I noticed that the Blu-Ray of FF VII: Advent Children was already listed in "Swag" before I ever even entered any items here...

so, I say let each individual site user make their own *Definition* of what does & does not constitute "Swag" that they want to list/track.

I think it's great that guides have their own category, (and, as I've previously said), I think that, eventually, OST's should also have their own...but...other than that - let "SWAG" (and what is/isn't  considered"Swag-Worthy") be whatever the user wants it to be for them.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

amauriel

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 12:54:59 pm »
I do think that (and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that it was coming down the pike) we need to have two or three numbers beside our collection. One for how many total items we have, one for how many just games we have, and possibly one for hardware (I say that because I'm getting close to 30 Gameboys, haha). I haven't listed any of my player's guides or t-shirts or any other swag that I have because I don't want it unrealistically inflating my collection. With a breakdown of just games, I'd be more willing to list my Professor Layton plushies or my Zelda action figures.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."