Author Topic: Minecraft addiction!  (Read 894 times)

jcalder8

Minecraft addiction!
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:05 pm »
I don't remember when I bought it but it was when it was still in Alpha and I tried to play it a couple times and I think the longest I ever lived was about two days.

Now during my vacation I was watching someone play on youtube and so I decided to take a different approach, I will dig!

I went out and found a side of a hill that was flat and I just started to dig. As I dug I started to find caverns and waterfalls and lava pits. I am hooked now!

Who else has gotten addicted to Minecraft?

hexen

Re: Minecraft addiction!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 08:24:20 pm »
When I first got it I didn't play too much. Several months later I found an online server and started playing. For about a month I was hooked, building my town. I then got bored and stopped playing. When I came back a few months later the server had restarted and they didn't save the old map -_- That pretty much killed my enthusiasm for playing again.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

pacpix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:58:19 pm »
I used to play other games, then I bought Minecraft.  I have only bought a few games since I bought it because Minecraft takes all of my free time.  You can get tested for Minecraft addiction at http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/  I tested 66% positive for Minecraft addiction...:/
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:49:59 pm »
Ah, Minecraft, it's been a while since I last booted it up.  I was kinda weird about it; I'd throw the game in Peaceful Mode and go around exploring caverns and stuff.  Sure, you could do that in Normal Mode, but I didn't really like the fact that I could die at anytime.  Instead, I had a ton of fun exploring what the world already created for me, finding caves and neat things.  I stopped, however, since I was stuck in a pretty maze like cavern for 2+ days and couldn't find the way out for any reason.  I was going to just start digging up, but then I never logged in again. *shrug*
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »
I played Minecraft like crazy when I was sick. For those two months that was about the only thing I could focus on for any length of time. I think it was because it was so sandboxy that I could forget what I was trying to achieve with no real consequences.

After I had my surgery, I think I've played it maybe twice. It's a fantastic game to lose yourself in but I just haven't been able to devote that much time to it with my current backlog.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."