Author Topic: do you remember  (Read 1162 times)

htimreimer

do you remember
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:43:28 am »
this is for the canadians do you remember when general mills around 2000 and 2001 put some pc games in thare cereal boxes as a prize and i am not sure if this promotion was anywhere else but canada

jcalder8

Re: do you remember
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:40:46 pm »
Yup I do

psydswipe

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:10:18 pm »
The promotion was in the United States as well. Those were all regular Hasbro/Infogrames Interactive games weren't they? At some point General Mills also released at least two original games in cereal boxes. There is Chex Quest and a Coca Puffs game starring Sonny. I've not played the Cocoa Puffs game but Chex Quest plays a lot like Doom.

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:54 pm »
The promotion was in the United States as well. Those were all regular Hasbro/Infogrames Interactive games weren't they?
yes they were all hasbro/infogrames interactive games and its sad that they dont do that any more :'(

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:07:47 am »
I remember getting games like Battleship Surface Thunder, Boggle, Yahtzee, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and many more. Those were great times.

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:53:44 pm »
Probably not the same promotion, but I got a demo for Extremely Goofy Skateboarding in my box of cereal.  I ended up getting the full game for Christmas.  One of my favorite games when I was younger, yet if I had not eaten that cereal I would have never played it.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)