Author Topic: Recently Finished  (Read 19296 times)

soera

Re: Recently Finished
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 02:48:29 pm »
I just looked it up. Is it download only?

scott

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 03:04:45 pm »
Ya it's an XBLA/PSN and I think Steam game. It's totally worth it. I have both ReArmed and ReArmed 2, I've played through #1 a few times and am still trying to beat the challenge levels. #2 I haven't gotten into, not sure if it's cause it was handled by a different company or what.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 06:47:31 pm »
I have access to get stuff on my PS3 download. I may check into that. :) I really enjoy the first one.

scott

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 01:06:20 am »
ReArmed is a remake/ reimagining of the original. So if you like the 1st one you should dig rearmed. Each zone has its own bosses too so its not just run to the right dodge dudes and blow up the reactor anymore.

jobocan

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 01:30:49 am »
#2 I haven't gotten into, not sure if it's cause it was handled by a different company or what.

Yeah, strangely enough the first ReArmed was made by those guys who made that REALLY BAD Bionic Commando reboot (with the guy with dreadlocks), but surprisingly it was really well made and felt right, I loved playing through it despite the few minor changes from the original and I actually like it more than the original a little bit.

ReArmed 2 was made by different guys, who had even less prior experience than the guys who made the first. I played the demo for ReArmed 2 and I just couldn't stand it, it felt soul-less and... frankly feels like the developer had never even made a game before, it just wasn't well made at all. The boss battles I played (and afterwards watched on youtube) were just boring and... effortless.

scott

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 11:16:51 am »
I actually kind of like the new Bionic Commando game. Was there parts I disliked? Yes. But for the most part I liked the swinging and grappling mechanics. And most of the story, though they go full on Neon Genesis Evangelion at the end with their explanation of how Bionics work.

scott

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 11:24:30 am »
Oh and I played with the Rad Spencer skin on the whole time.

Side note, if you look at my game room, the NECA Nathan Spencer action figure is standing on one of the shelves.

foxhack

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 12:37:24 pm »
Don't badmouth GRiN, guys. They were awesome, their hearts were in the right place. Too bad they were left with no choice but to dissolve. :(

jobocan

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 12:42:43 pm »
Side note, if you look at my game room, the NECA Nathan Spencer action figure is standing on one of the shelves.

Yeah, I kinda got used to him and his dreadlocks because I've been seeing him a lot in UMvC3, where he's actually one of the really good characters.

scott

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »
Don't badmouth GRiN, guys. They were awesome, their hearts were in the right place. Too bad they were left with no choice but to dissolve. :(

Oh, I didn't think I was bad mouthing GRiN. I watched a bunch of Dev diaries while waiting for BC: ReArmed to come out and they were very excited about that game. The problem with the Bionic Commando sequel was that Capcom did hardly any advertising for the game and didn't give it any exposure, and what they did talk about was the Mutli-Player and little of anything else. Leading to little sales and the game getting marked down to $20 a month after release.

jobocan

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 02:53:30 pm »
The problem with the Bionic Commando sequel was that Capcom did hardly any advertising for the game and didn't give it any exposure, and what they did talk about was the Mutli-Player and little of anything else.

Definitely true. I don't think I had even seen any single-player gameplay before the game came out, and the only reason I knew about the game at all was because I liked the original game and ReArmed.

I didn't end up enjoying the game when I immediately rented it at launch, but I've seen much worse TPS games since then, so maybe I could go back to it eventually and enjoy it more than my first play now that I know what to expect.

tpugmire

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2012, 10:52:57 am »
Just finished Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 with 100%.  Is it just me, or did that game have some horrible level design?  A lot of the levels were so dark that I couldn't tell what I was supposed to do.  Now I suppose I should finish off Lego Indiana Jones...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

jcalder8

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2012, 11:32:55 am »
I jus finished the original Uncharted. I was very impressed with the execution of everything but the graphics were very well done.  I can't wait to try number 2.

scott

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2012, 09:00:25 am »
I blew through Castlevania again the other day, does that count?  ;)

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2012, 06:18:23 pm »
Just finished Condemned 2 on PS3.  Very rough execution.  It had neat concepts, but it was like the lead designer was telling them what to do over the phone.  No one ever said "Yeah, have a UV light to look for blood smears, but ALSO, don't have enemies running into railings and unable to get upstairs..."

I liked that it didn't hold your hand through some of the investigation sequences, and asks you to recall things that happened, and make guesses based on the evidence you have.  That was all pretty cool.