Author Topic: Super Dungeon Explore!  (Read 8164 times)

scott

Re: Super Dungeon Explore!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 04:38:38 pm »
Nice!  I think they'd be super fun to paint... more so than things like model cars.

These are really fun to paint, cause you get to go all anime/manga crazy with wierd hair colors and bright colors all over the place. Though, I'm sticking pretty close to darker colors. It's kinda like a 3D coloring book, hah

Wow scott those look amazing, I wish that I had the skills to do that but my hands shake a bit so they could never come out as nice as yours.

Thanks. Sometimes my hands get kinda shaky. Mostly if I am trying to put a teeny tiny dot somewhere and need ridiculous amount of control. Of course, I've been painting these things for close to 20 years now too, so that helps. But I'm always learning new techniques. I think I have somewhere upwards of 50 bookmarks on Chrome listing different techniques.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 11:58:53 pm »
New one. The Barbarian. I went full on pink hair on this one and even did up the loincloth as a tiger pelt, I've never attempted to do tiger fur before and with the pink hair I decided to go all out. (managed to get it right on the 1st try too)

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 12:09:47 am »
New one. The Barbarian. I went full on pink hair on this one and even did up the loincloth as a tiger pelt, I've never attempted to do tiger fur before and with the pink hair I decided to go all out. (managed to get it right on the 1st try too)

Tiger patterning is way harder than people usually give credit for, so I'm giving you mad props now for that - awesome job!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:42 am »
And with these 3 the heroes are done. Next up I'm working on these treasure chests and mimics (visible in the background). Progress should speed up considerably now, since I'll be working on groups of the same figure at a time.

scott

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 01:11:15 am »
Tiger patterning is way harder than people usually give credit for, so I'm giving you mad props now for that - awesome job!

Thanks, I had my browser open w/ a Google image search loaded the whole time... The hardest part was the gradient from white/light yellow to orange. Even then I wasn't sure if I made the orange too bright. But after I placed the stripes it looks good and I think she's my favorite out of the bunch.

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 01:24:00 am »
Details are everything, man... people don't realize how much effort it really is until they see someone do it wrong *laughs*
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 09:47:38 am »
Scott -

Damnit, Man!

How/when do you actually ever find the time to actually ever *PLAY* any games?!

:o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 01:45:41 pm »
Honestly, I haven't had time to play anything in a while. I started playing Xenoblade again a couple weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to continue. Mainly I get some game time in on my 3DS if I am riding in a car or late night before I go to sleep. But the nice thing about painting these, I can paint them while hanging with the GF and watching a movie/TV show.

My problem is, I have more hobbies than I have time. Its a side effect of having been single for so long. So I'm splitting my time between GF, video games, drawing, graphic design, bass guitar, mini painting, audiophiling and board/card games. And at the moment video gaming is getting the back seat.

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 02:22:39 pm »
And at the moment video gaming is getting the back seat.

...until Borderlands 2 launches.  ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 03:10:11 pm »
Oh I want to co op the hell out of that game. I never really got a chance to play Borderlands co op and solo'd the entire thing... which reminds me I need to polish off the rest of the achievements on it... stupid Underdome Riot.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:30:11 pm by scott »

jcalder8

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 05:03:43 pm »
You really nailed the anime feel of the figures, I can barely tell which ones are male and which are female.

scott

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 12:27:27 am »
You really nailed the anime feel of the figures, I can barely tell which ones are male and which are female.

Ha, nice.

Also, what do heroes go into dungeons to collect? TREASURE! I just finished the treasure chests and mimics. I really like the way the Red one turned out. I realized after I finished that I should have used the bronze metallic on the grey wood chests and the silver metallic on the yellow wood chests, since they kinda blend with each other. The Mimics on the other hand I'm fairly pleased with.

scott

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:52 pm »
More Super Dunegon Explore goodness to share! This time I've done the Kobold Warrens spawn points and the Dragon's Clutch spawn points as well as the Special Edition Candy & Cola and Princess Ruby minis (I painted Ruby to look like Zelda from Link to the Past) These took awhile to do, cause I had to wait for each layer of fire coloring in the ridges to dry before I added the next.

Also, I was waiting for the 2nd Dragon's Clutch spawner to arrive so I could do all of the skulls at the same time to keep them uniform.

Candy & Cola

Princess Ruby

Kobold Warrens

Dragon's Clutch

Close up of the Dragon Eggs

Next up is the boss, Starfire and the hatchlings.

scott

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:50 am »
Started up the dragons for SDE awhile ago, but got side tracked with the Retrotron project all last month. Anyway, here is the Dragon boss Starfire so far and the dragon minions.

jcalder8

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 12:19:22 am »
Those baby dragons remind me of Skylanders lol