Author Topic: new collection sorting  (Read 1063 times)

new collection sorting
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:40:22 pm »
Make a way to select like the [all platforms] option an [all games] and [all accessory] and [all hardware] selection and then have that show a number of how much is in category of games accessory and hardware. i would really appreciate this.

Thanks- MicroGeared

matt

Re: new collection sorting
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:36:15 am »
Make a way to select like the [all platforms] option an [all games] and [all accessory] and [all hardware] selection and then have that show a number of how much is in category of games accessory and hardware. i would really appreciate this.

Thanks- MicroGeared

I actually like this idea and will try to implement it. During the last small update I created a new category_type field in the db so we can group categories together.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 09:43:49 am »
Well thanks. I thought of it when I was finished added my games and was adding the accessory's and whatnot and I wanted to see just how many games I have. Not with the others included.

Thanks--
MicroGeared

topspot123

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:06:49 am »
In Matt's official ToDo list 'Custom user lists' is listed.  I imagine this will take care of this need.  This is one of the improvements I am looking forward to.  Ideally for me, I would like to separate as follows:

1.  Collection
     a. Hardware
     b. Accessories
     c. Physical Games
     d. Digital Games (Steam, PSN, OnLive, etc)

I'm holding off of adding anything else because I like that my collection only has my physical games currently (plus a few hardware/game bundles).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:10:19 am by topspot123 »

topspot123

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »
I have a related question also.  Is it possible to add search within your collection?  Like if I want to find all of my golf games, or Mario games without bringing up the entire database. 

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »
LOVE the idea of having a "search" feature within your own collection. I highly second that suggestion.

thanks Matt!

- Retromangia