Author Topic: What is your worst pickup?  (Read 7211 times)

madmax

Re: What is your worst pickup?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »
So far I haven't played a single game on my genesis. I bought it, plugged it in and it just sits there <.<

htimreimer

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 10:14:16 pm »
So far I haven't played a single game on my genesis. I bought it, plugged it in and it just sits there <.<
question are you using coaxial or rca because between collector to collector you should get the rca cable from retro bit

godzillaismycopilot

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 08:36:15 pm »
I have a cart of Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom that has a badly damaged label, and a board that was swapped with Goonies 2.  Luckily, it was on eBay, so, I got my money back, but Jeeeez.
Go with Godzilla,

Jim

BudgetGameCases.com
Godzilla Is My CoPilot
ThatRuled.com

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:23 pm »
How does Godzilla fit in the passenger seat?

Also, hello there stranger!

pacpix

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »
I have a cart of Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom that has a badly damaged label, and a board that was swapped with Goonies 2.  Luckily, it was on eBay, so, I got my money back, but Jeeeez.
Hey aren't you from Atariage?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

ffxik

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 09:03:03 pm »
This one is easy.  I was at a pawn shop in the area and I spotted a CIB Stellar-Fire for the Sega CD.  It had an old price tag on it of $15 dollars, that I thought was just there not marked by the owner.  Since nothing else was marked.  So I grabbed it and 2 Xbox games Def Jam: Fight for N.Y. and Mechassault.

Dropped them in my wife's lap and  asked her to pay for them while I ran to the bathroom.  When it was all said and done it was $35.  The Xbox games were $10 a piece, which Def Jam didn't work.  Of course that meant Stellar-Fire WAS in fact $15.  I was so damn mad I could spit.  It was my fault though I didn't think to ask and mother nature was being quite demanding.  The only game that was reasonable was a coaster.  I don't set foot in there anymore.

godzillaismycopilot

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 11:10:57 pm »
How does Godzilla fit in the passenger seat?

Also, hello there stranger!

Special plane. ;)

Hey aren't you from Atariage?

Yessir!
Go with Godzilla,

Jim

BudgetGameCases.com
Godzilla Is My CoPilot
ThatRuled.com

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 11:12:24 pm »
I bought a copy of Stinger for NES and about 6 years later it started leaking a brown, oozing fluid.  It wasn't electrolyte, the circuit board was clean.  This stuff was trailing all around the inside of the cartridge.

I'm thinking it was some kind of Venom-esque, interstellar, parasitic life-form. 

foxhack

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 12:55:22 am »
That's mold. We've discussed that before.

blipcs76

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 10:40:41 am »
What comes to mind is the Genesis/NES clone system I bought from Goodwill for $10 about six months ago.  I brought it home and the thing was just dead.  You're often taking a chance when you buy from Goodwill.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 01:40:27 pm »
I bought a copy of Stinger for NES and about 6 years later it started leaking a brown, oozing fluid.  It wasn't electrolyte, the circuit board was clean.  This stuff was trailing all around the inside of the cartridge.

I'm thinking it was some kind of Venom-esque, interstellar, parasitic life-form.
Sounds yummy! Did you lick it to get super powers?

ffxik

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 05:12:12 am »

*Dumb question alert*

How does a cart grow mold?  Especially if taken care of.  I have never seen this and am very curious.   ???

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 10:04:01 am »

*Dumb question alert*

How does a cart grow mold?  Especially if taken care of.  I have never seen this and am very curious.   ???
Someone probably dropped it in something or spilled something on it at some point.

soera

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 10:55:58 am »
My bread grows mold all the time and I take care of it!

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 02:34:30 am »
My bread grows mold all the time and I take care of it!
The toaster? lol