Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII - 3  (Read 1085 times)

htimreimer

Final Fantasy XIII - 3
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:32:30 am »
i don't know how it happened but square has made ff13 in to three games and the third game is all about lightning: http://kotaku.com/5939779/the-next-final-fantasy?tag=final-fantasy what you do think of this

jcalder8

Re: Final Fantasy XIII - 3
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »
Really 13-3? Whatever happened to the good old days of just adding a number to the game?

I have yet to play 1 or 2.... 13.1 or 13.2, I have been waiting for them to release a pack of all of them and it looks like I will have to keep waiting until .3 comes out.

soera

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:45:27 pm »
I think they are just milking the name for all its worth. I lost a lot of interest in the series a while back and it just keeps going downhill. I liked what they did with FF4 with all the side stories for each set of characters (downloadable on VC on the Wii) but now its just turning into a profit gaining scheme.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:51:44 pm »
FFXIII was decent, though it DID have a load of problems. I was just more forgiving of some of the problems than most people, and in the end I loved the leveling and battle systems so that's all that really matters to me.
XII-2 fixed (at least partly) most of the problems people complained about, but most people weren't willing to give it a chance sadly.

I'm sort of excited-ish for "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII" despite the dumb title, since they are saying that they're changing some of the gameplay, so maybe they'll fix what was wrong with the previous games further than they already did with XIII-2.

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 01:44:58 am »
i have not played any of the ff games but in ff13 how was lightning as a character would she be able to hold up a jrpg like this??

hexen

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 03:54:04 am »
I lost a lot of interest after FFX. FFXII was alright, I suppose, but I couldn't really even get into FFXIII. Neither the game nor the characters seemed to interesting. Seeing them make a 3rd game in the same numbered universe is incredibly weird to me - especially considering the lukewarm response to FFXIII. They should just move onto FFXV (Not only is that number getting ridiculous, I also wish the MMORPGs didn't have to be included in it...) and try to bring the series back to it's less-linear roots. A new set of characters would also help to rejuvenate things.

If they just have to re-use characters, why don't they try something new? Perhaps FFVI, FFVIII or FFIX 2? Nothing much has been done with those characters, and it would be nice to not constantly muck around with the same set.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

madmax

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 07:51:28 pm »
I'll be buying this :P
I haven't even had a chance to play FFXIII-2 because of my dead PS3. Also, notice how this didn't actually call it FFXIII-3 ;)

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 02:16:39 am »
this didn't actually call it FFXIII-3 ;)
yes that's true but you know that's basically what this is
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:18:17 am by htimreimer »