Author Topic: Are visual novels not video games?  (Read 1647 times)

Are visual novels not video games?
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:03:32 am »
There are about 15 visual novels (PC [NA]) I was looking to add to my collection/wishlist but a search for each one has come up short. However, I did find 2 games but they were for consoles and also JP releases. Are we not counting visual novels as video games or are they missing and need to be added to the database?

Re: Are visual novels not video games?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:15:08 am »
They'd better be games 'cause I've been adding them as I've been going through my collection ^^~

I'm saving PC 'til last though as that's going to be the toughest to add (and until Chinese/Korean regions get added it'll be missing at least 100 entries).

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:45:48 am »
They'd better be games 'cause I've been adding them as I've been going through my collection ^^~

I'm saving PC 'til last though as that's going to be the toughest to add (and until Chinese/Korean regions get added it'll be missing at least 100 entries).

Ha! Good to know. I just thought it was odd that I couldn't find any off of my list. You have 100+ visual novels in your collection? How many are English? From what I've noticed in my search for VNs so far is that only a small fraction get localized in English. I've also noticed of the ones that get localized, soooo many are eroge. Nothing against eroge, but it'd be nice to have some of the more, um, tame VNs localized as well. Oddly enough, some of the eroge titles also release versions that are "family friendly" so you can experience the VN without all the steamy bits, but I'm sure you already know this!

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:58:08 am »
No I don't have 100+ visual novels in my collection, what I meant (and must have worded poorly) is that until the PC format here has the option to add Chinese and Korean games it'll be about 100 entries short of my actual total because I have 100+ Chinese and Korean region PC games.

I do have a few VNs, but not many (Ever 17, Remeber 11, Eien no Aselia, etc etc).

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 09:03:50 am »
No I don't have 100+ visual novels in my collection, what I meant (and must have worded poorly) is that until the PC format here has the option to add Chinese and Korean games it'll be about 100 entries short of my actual total because I have 100+ Chinese and Korean region PC games.

I do have a few VNs, but not many (Ever 17, Remeber 11, Eien no Aselia, etc etc).

Sorry, totally misread there. I've never heard of any of those VNs, I will have to add them to my wishlist!

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:30:13 pm »
We mostly add what we already own or are aware of. If something isn't on the site it's because of that.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:39:09 pm »
We mostly add what we already own or are aware of. If something isn't on the site it's because of that.

Of course, that makes sense. Guess I'll start adding then!

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 04:55:53 pm »
we have talk about something like this before and pretty much the answer was if its meant to entertain add it to the site