Author Topic: Wii U, who's getting it?  (Read 11298 times)

psydswipe

Re: Wii U, who's getting it?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 07:00:11 am »
I don't see how they'll be able to drop the price much in the next year considering that controller costs $150+ to replace. They didn't even toss a Wii Remote in the package which they've probably got tons of laying around, especially in the unsold Wii boxes. That tells me they need to sell Wii Remotes to cover what they're losing on the Wii U (I assume they're losing money, just about everyone does when they launch a console).

Is everyone that is excited about the system simply a fan of all the Nintendo franchises? Being a Sega kid and the Wii being the first Nintendo console I acquired at launch, I don't see what's so appealing about the Wii U. Sure the controller looks interesting but I thought the same about the motion controls before the Wii was released. Does Nintendo Land look like fun or crap to you guys? Looks terrible to me. Although I also predominantly play games solo and that's clearly aimed at multiplayer. Since I own a Wii, Xbox 360, and decent PC, the only two games they've mentioned that I would like to check out are ZombiU and LEGO City Undercover. One could argue they might have one of the best launch lineups but some of their best games will already have been released on other platforms. I'm surprised they don't know the launch titles yet. Reggie said it's too early; two months is too early? The launch titles would be the ones whose developers are currently working on the first patch ::) Yeah, I'm joking but they must have some idea what will be ready and some are probably already done with development. Also, that base 8GB space seems small for patches and DLC; one RPG can have DLC that fills that fast.

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 12:14:21 pm »
I just pre-ordered the deluxe, they are selling out fast online.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 01:28:34 pm »
I won't until Nintendo gets its act together in regards to online accounts and game management.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »
I won't until Nintendo gets its act together in regards to online accounts and game management.

I agree; that was crap about games being tied to the console itself.  If someone spilled a Coke on your Wii, you were screwed if they had to do a factory reset to fix it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 06:52:33 pm »
If someone spilled coke on your wii, couldn't you just dust it off?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 08:23:05 pm »

I made sure to capitalize it because of jokesters like you ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 07:24:08 am »
If anyone planned on ordering it from Amazon.com you might want to find someplace else. There is some sort of dispute going on between Amazon and Nintendo that began last year with the 3DS. While Amazon fulfills orders through other sellers, they themselves have not been selling Nintendo hardware which is why the Wii U isn't available to pre-order on their site.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:27 am »

10/10

...or just 'follow your nose'...
 ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 02:16:13 pm »
I'm still waiting for an announcement for the localization of Dragon Quest X.

This right here would also make the difference for me on when I pick up the system. I simply can not wait for this game to come stateside!

htimreimer

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »
I'm still waiting for an announcement for the localization of Dragon Quest X.

This right here would also make the difference for me on when I pick up the system. I simply can not wait for this game to come stateside!
dragon quest x is an mmo and like a lot of mmos its gonna take a bit before it comes here if ever also their is a  subscription fee for this game
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:51:01 pm by htimreimer »

soera

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 06:03:39 pm »
Yep. I dont mind subscription fees. I prefer to play a game like that and pay $10 a month than other stuff I end up doing for $10 or more a month. Thats the cost of 1 McDonald's meal for a month long of unlimited game play and customer support.

As far as the time difference, I would hope that it wouldnt take too long to come over or anyone other than the people who are playing now are going to be so far ahead of the curve that no one will ever catch up (depending on how the game actually works ... if its anything like Everquest, once you get behind the leaders, you never recover).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »
I'm getting one.  I'm a Nintendo Fanboy, so I can't keep from it.  I doubt I get one day 1 though.  The money I had allocated for a WiiU got spent on a PlayChoice 10.  Back to saving.

tpugmire

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 10:56:49 am »
I'll get one eventually.  The only game that interests me so far is the new Mario game, and I can't justify $400 to play one game.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 04:57:29 pm »
I can't justify $400 to play one game.

...That's what happened to me with Metal Gear Solid 4. Except I totally justified it in my mind. I now have a whopping total of 4 retail games and a handful of Blu-Ray movies. Most of the time it is used as a movie/Netflix player.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 12:35:14 am »
I'll get a Wii U, but I'll wait for the (inevitable) Mario Edition.