Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 91925 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #555 on: October 15, 2014, 12:05:46 pm »
Been getting all kinds of geeky season sets lately:

-Sliders: Seasons 1, 2, & 4 (already had season 3)
-Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 4
-Star Trek: Fan Collective - The Borg
-Star Trek: Fan Collective - Captain's Log
-Stargate: Atlantis - Season 1
-Superman Vol. 1 (90s cartoon, already have vol. 2)
-WWE: Allied Powers: The World's Greatest Tag Teams
-WWE OMG Vol. 2: The 50 Most Shocking Moments in WCW
-WWE: WCW's Greatest PPV Matches

foxhack

« Reply #556 on: October 19, 2014, 05:39:48 pm »
It's like all of a sudden, Mexican movies everywhere. I've picked up several multiple movie sets over the week and I found this stuff yesterday morning.

Catman.

Catman?

What the hell were you smoking, Godfrey Ho?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #557 on: October 20, 2014, 12:02:28 pm »
It's like all of a sudden, Mexican movies everywhere. I've picked up several multiple movie sets over the week and I found this stuff yesterday morning.

Catman.

Catman?

What the hell were you smoking, Godfrey Ho?

The bottom one, is that the kung fu movie with Vanity?

foxhack

« Reply #558 on: October 20, 2014, 06:17:48 pm »
The bottom one, is that the kung fu movie with Vanity?

Yes, but that's just the soundtrack. :p

« Reply #559 on: October 20, 2014, 07:23:15 pm »
Bought these the other day at a local card shop.  I use to be so big into collecting these and sometimes playing them during the lunch break in  high school back in the early 2000's.  A company basically bought all the rights to them, redesigned them, and now have relaunched them.  I bought 5 packs...I fear for my future lol

I still have all my character cards from the original series and apparently the newly relaunched stuff is compatible with the old cards.

abe

« Reply #560 on: October 20, 2014, 08:02:47 pm »
Bought these the other day at a local card shop.  I use to be so big into collecting these and sometimes playing them during the lunch break in  high school back in the early 2000's.  A company basically bought all the rights to them, redesigned them, and now have relaunched them.  I bought 5 packs...I fear for my future lol

I still have all my character cards from the original series and apparently the newly relaunched stuff is compatible with the old cards.

Those are awesome! :D I need to find somewhere to buy these. Do you think that this would be easy to find at most card shops?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #561 on: October 20, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »

Those are awesome! :D I need to find somewhere to buy these. Do you think that this would be easy to find at most card shops?

Card shops might be the right ones for finding them as they don't seem to have them at like Walmart or Toys R Us that I saw today.  I thought I saw that these were kinda selling out pretty quickly for shops to get them, so it might just depend if they can actually stock them.  I'm probably gonna grab a starter kit for 15 bucks and some more packs.  My collection addiction is coming back lol

And speaking of collections, time to add some red to my Leonardo collection with this new turtle.  As Pixel Dan pointed out, the toy looks kinda cheap visually mostly cause the cross hatching added to it isn't a paint thing, but put into the mold itself, which body wise, is uniform across all the turtles, but I still kinda like it.

karyann

« Reply #562 on: October 21, 2014, 07:13:41 pm »
Card shops might be the right ones for finding them as they don't seem to have them at like Walmart or Toys R Us that I saw today.  I thought I saw that these were kinda selling out pretty quickly for shops to get them, so it might just depend if they can actually stock them.  I'm probably gonna grab a starter kit for 15 bucks and some more packs.  My collection addiction is coming back lol

And speaking of collections, time to add some red to my Leonardo collection with this new turtle.  As Pixel Dan pointed out, the toy looks kinda cheap visually mostly cause the cross hatching added to it isn't a paint thing, but put into the mold itself, which body wise, is uniform across all the turtles, but I still kinda like it.

Why does he have a red bandana if it's Leonardo? Did he have a red one back in the days?  ???

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #563 on: October 21, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »

Why does he have a red bandana if it's Leonardo? Did he have a red one back in the days?  ???

In the VERY early days of the comic, they all had red bandanas.

« Reply #564 on: October 21, 2014, 08:35:12 pm »

Yeah the original comics had them all basically indistinguishable visually other than their weapons and most of their stuff was black & white I believe, but when they had color it was red bandanas.  When the 80's cartoon came out, you couldn't have a team of guys that all looked exactly the same, so they gave them colors and I believe their own personalities.  I don't actually know much about the original comics other than the basics.

karyann

« Reply #565 on: October 22, 2014, 09:25:04 am »
Wow, didn't know that! Thanks for the infos :)

« Reply #566 on: October 22, 2014, 03:43:25 pm »
More card related stuff.  Found these World of Warcraft TCG cards at a thrift shop.  I was kinda wondering why it seemed like there were so many and in such good condition, meaning not likely just some kids pack of cards, but then looking online, these cards came with "Loot Cards" which gave codes for unique items in the game.  Everything made sense then as there are no loot cards here, which means that someone bought a couple dozen packs of cards for the loot cards and then tossed these lol

« Reply #567 on: October 27, 2014, 08:41:51 pm »
Probably one of my most anticipated albums of the year, being actually a double album, with the third disc being the Dark Matters disk as an instrumental.  Love me some Devin Townsend.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #568 on: October 29, 2014, 02:11:43 pm »
A free Marvel book

« Reply #569 on: October 29, 2014, 03:08:49 pm »

Picked up a digipak of Mezmerize the other day ;D