Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582338 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10815 on: May 02, 2016, 09:57:35 am »
According to Siliconera, Fatal Frame V might be getting a physical release thanks to Limited Run games. It may not happen, but the fact that they're trying says a lot.

abe

« Reply #10816 on: May 02, 2016, 10:28:09 am »
According to Siliconera, Fatal Frame V might be getting a physical release thanks to Limited Run games. It may not happen, but the fact that they're trying says a lot.

That would be wonderful! ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #10817 on: May 02, 2016, 10:48:05 am »
Right? I still don't have a Wii U yet, but I'd be damned sure to get one ASAP if this was confirmed.

desocietas

« Reply #10818 on: May 02, 2016, 11:12:58 am »
For those that care, Lionhead Studios officially closed their doors today.

RIP. I hope that their employees find good work soon.  I have fond memories of Black and White and Fable did some amazing things for gaming back in the day.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #10819 on: May 02, 2016, 11:15:25 am »
Right? I still don't have a Wii U yet, but I'd be damned sure to get one ASAP if this was confirmed.

I wonder how hard it would be to get a copy if Limited Run Games was doing the physical release?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:17:23 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #10820 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:33 am »

I wonder how hard it would be to get a copy if Limited Run Games was doing the physical release?

I suppose it depends on how many copies they were allowed to make. I know LR have said that producing PS4 games is very affordable, while Vita games cost 2-4x as much. Anyone know if there'd be a significant difference for Wii U?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10821 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:09 am »
COD released its trailer, more futuristic stuff..... If it went to WW2 or a war before that, i would buy it....

Lets see what BF does on Friday, there is strong rumors they are having a WW1 game
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #10822 on: May 02, 2016, 11:22:53 am »

I suppose it depends on how many copies they were allowed to make. I know LR have said that producing PS4 games is very affordable, while Vita games cost 2-4x as much. Anyone know if there'd be a significant difference for Wii U?

I think the cost difference is because it's a cartridge versus a plastic disc.  Wii U games shouldn't cost any more than a PS4 disc to manufacture. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #10823 on: May 02, 2016, 11:25:01 am »
COD released its trailer, more futuristic stuff..... If it went to WW2 or a war before that, i would buy it....

Lets see what BF does on Friday, there is strong rumors they are having a WW1 game

I'm tired of the futuristic war games at this point.  I still play Battlefront because it's Star Wars.  But it just gets old playing a "future warfare" game where "Nation X" attacked the US with a nuke, now...you are an elite special agent with state-of-the-art augmentations and neural implants!  When one series does it, ok.  But now all three Call of Duty developers are doing futuristic warfare games with little to differentiate between them. 

Edit:  Oh, and Ghosts sucked.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #10824 on: May 02, 2016, 11:33:19 am »

If they do make it and you really, really want it...you better be sitting at your computer with the order page pulled up ready to click the mouse as soon as it goes live.  Limited Run Games are just that - limited and an this game will more than likely be a hot commodity. 

kashell

« Reply #10825 on: May 02, 2016, 11:38:25 am »

If they do make it and you really, really want it...you better be sitting at your computer with the order page pulled up ready to click the mouse as soon as it goes live.  Limited Run Games are just that - limited and an this game will more than likely be a hot commodity.

Thankfully, their website isn't blocked at work.

Still, it's just an idea at this point. I think that it's great that they're trying to do something for the people that want a physical copy.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10826 on: May 02, 2016, 11:44:32 am »
Yeah if the Fatal Frame thing happens, someone shoot me a PM? I usually don't check the modern games forum often enough to catch it.

desocietas

« Reply #10827 on: May 02, 2016, 12:09:27 pm »
Yeah if the Fatal Frame thing happens, someone shoot me a PM? I usually don't check the modern games forum often enough to catch it.

I'll try to remember!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #10828 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:37 pm »

Probably depends on your availability to refresh the page like a madman :P

kashell

« Reply #10829 on: May 02, 2016, 12:17:44 pm »

I'll try to remember!

Same here. Fatal Frame is a great series.