Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596722 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11085 on: May 17, 2016, 01:01:35 pm »
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/PS4_20th_2493.jpg

This picture makes it look like the buttons are level, which would be the "touchy" ones. I'm really curious as to why some have the clicky buttons, but I guess we'll probably never know  :(

It was part of the model revision.  Both my 20th Anniversary and my gold Taco Bell system have the physical "clicky" buttons.  Sony did the same thing when they went from the original PS3 with the capacitive buttons to the actual buttons in the slim unit.  Microsoft actually went backwards with the 360 from the first slim revision with physical buttons to the third version with capacitive buttons.

My undeducated guess is that the clickers are cheaper than the capacitive buttons.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #11086 on: May 17, 2016, 01:04:23 pm »
Recently, I started to get really bad calf cramps when i wake up...... Its like when you stretch when you first wake up, and bam, a painful cramp, to the point, you are in pure agony for 5 minutes, to the point you cant yell for help....

Looks like i need more bananas in my diet.

I hate bananas.  You can buy potassium tablets pretty cheap at Walmart or wherever you buy vitamins.  Taking a couple of those a day keeps the charliehorse's at bay.   ;)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #11087 on: May 17, 2016, 01:11:33 pm »

This picture makes it look like the buttons are level, which would be the "touchy" ones. I'm really curious as to why some have the clicky buttons, but I guess we'll probably never know  :(
I'm curious about how consoles all released at the same time have 2 different models.

gf78

« Reply #11088 on: May 17, 2016, 01:14:32 pm »

I'm curious about how consoles all released at the same time have 2 different models.

I don't think they do.  The picture karyann shared may have been an early mockup.  It's still representative of what the final product looked like, but the model that covered the 20th anniversary units uses the click buttons.

« Reply #11089 on: May 17, 2016, 01:21:27 pm »

I don't think they do.  The picture karyann shared may have been an early mockup.  It's still representative of what the final product looked like, but the model that covered the 20th anniversary units uses the click buttons.
But she also said that hers had the touchy buttons, not the clicky buttons.

Warmsignal

« Reply #11090 on: May 18, 2016, 12:14:49 am »
Microsoft is trying to bully me into Windows 10. No more "Do you wish to upgrade?" It's now full-on - YOU'RE UPGRADING. DEAL WITH IT PETTY MICROSOFT USER. Hate the big brother BS of the remotely controlled age. Leave my stuff alone, jerks.

GWX Control Panel. Resist tyranny folks!

maximo310

« Reply #11091 on: May 18, 2016, 12:44:08 am »
Microsoft is trying to bully me into Windows 10. No more "Do you wish to upgrade?" It's now full-on - YOU'RE UPGRADING. DEAL WITH IT PETTY MICROSOFT USER. Hate the big brother BS of the remotely controlled age. Leave my stuff alone, jerks.

Maybe this helps:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/3029613/microsoft-windows/new-details-emerge-about-forced-windows-10-upgrade-and-how-to-block-it.html

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11092 on: May 18, 2016, 01:17:17 am »

Mines not doing that...yet, but i do get the daily pop ups of, do you wish to upgrade.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #11093 on: May 18, 2016, 01:24:21 am »
Well, in order to avoid the popups and forced upgrades, you just have to do disable the osupdate check in the windows registry. It's probably the best thing to do if you want to keep Windows 7 or 8.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11094 on: May 18, 2016, 01:49:26 am »
Well, in order to avoid the popups and forced upgrades, you just have to do disable the osupdate check in the windows registry. It's probably the best thing to do if you want to keep Windows 7 or 8.

They arent that annoying, yet...

Though i did find my ipod video and need to transfer all the music from there to my laptop.

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11095 on: May 18, 2016, 08:26:02 am »
I'm thinking about writing a new Top 10 list for GameFAQs. They're fun to write, and the feedback you receive is entertaining as hell.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11096 on: May 18, 2016, 09:44:07 am »
On that lovely show called Our Parents' Basement, we're doing community questions this week. 

Y'all PM me some questions that we can ask on the show.

It can be anything, not just game related.  You can direct  it at one crew member or the whole lot. 

Shoot them at me!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11097 on: May 18, 2016, 10:56:02 am »
I'm thinking about writing a new Top 10 list for GameFAQs. They're fun to write, and the feedback you receive is entertaining as hell.

Do a top ten, most overrated games, those ones are turn out good.

1049-2600-8730

jsoup

« Reply #11098 on: May 18, 2016, 12:25:18 pm »

Well, half the list does. At least five of the games are the same stuff you always see on overrated games lists.

kashell

« Reply #11099 on: May 18, 2016, 12:33:41 pm »

Well, half the list does. At least five of the games are the same stuff you always see on overrated games lists.

I already have a theme, but I just know that when it gets viewed there are going to be some whiny ass readers that will get their feelings hurt. Hashtag, this is the internet.