Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1538076 times)

gf78

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11130 on: May 23, 2016, 11:30:32 am »
Well good news is I am finally a proud SNES owner after a trip to the flea market yesterday.

Got one in a lot with Rocket Knight Adventures boxed for $55 total.

The bad news is the cords it came with are third party, mainly the power cord is a crummy third party one that can be used for SNES or Genesis. I tried out the console and the power light on the front just kinda flickers, it doesn't stay on steady. Is that supposed to happen?

I can't get any response from the system and my thought is I need to find an original power cord to test it out correctly. Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with :)?

Ah...that sucks.  I've never used those 3rd party cables because they are pretty much crap IMO.  It shouldn't be too hard to find a SNES AC adapter though.  Best of luck with it my friend!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #11131 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:56 am »
I feel ya I started out my work day...forgetting to bring my lunch bucket after I spent quite a bit this morning packing it. And I work alone today. I'm going to be one hungry dude come 7pm.

I'd be calling somebody or ordering a pizza delivery!  There's no way in hell my fat ass could go all day without food.  I'd just be so sick to my stomach I would feel like puking.   :-\
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #11132 on: May 23, 2016, 01:39:58 pm »
Ori and the Blind Forest is going to have a few retail versions come June 14:

I already have this on Steam, but the steelbook version looks nice :)

From the publisher:
The Standard retail version of the Definitive Edition retails at EUR/USD 19.99 and includes:
•Premium Packaging
•Quickstart Guide
•Game DVD
•A3 Poster

The Limited retail version of the Definitive Edition retails at EUR/USD 29.99 and includes:
•Steelbox
•Quickstart Guide
•Game DVD
•Audio-CD OST
•2 Postcards
•2 Double-Sided A3 Posters

And for those who enjoy playing Ori on Xbox One, Microsoft will – in partnership with stores across the US –release the critically-acclaimed Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition for Xbox One on June 14, 2016 for $19.99.

What’s new about the Definitive Edition?
•Packed with new and additional content: new areas, new abilities, more story sequences, multiple difficulty modes, fast travel between areas and much more!
•Discover Naru's past in two brand new environments
•Master two powerful new abilities - Dash and Light Burst
•Find new secret areas and explore Nibel faster by teleporting between Spirit Wells
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:42:19 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11133 on: May 23, 2016, 01:51:02 pm »
Damn, dirty Steam. I can see myself slipping further and further down that PC/digital rabbit hole. It's so easy and cheap.

Flashback2012

« Reply #11134 on: May 23, 2016, 01:53:53 pm »

From the publisher:
The Standard retail version of the Definitive Edition retails at EUR/USD 19.99 and includes:
•Premium Packaging
•Quickstart Guide
•Game DVD
•A3 Poster

The Limited retail version of the Definitive Edition retails at EUR/USD 29.99 and includes:
•Steelbox
•Quickstart Guide
•Game DVD
•Audio-CD OST
•2 Postcards

And for those who enjoy playing Ori on Xbox One, Microsoft will – in partnership with stores across the US –release the critically-acclaimed Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition for Xbox One on June 14, 2016 for $19.99.

•Packed with new and additional content: new areas, new abilities, more story sequences, multiple difficulty modes, fast travel between areas and much more!
•Find new secret areas and explore Nibel faster by teleporting between Spirit Wells

The only downside is it's in a DVD-sized steelbox instead of a XBOX One sized case but that's a minor gripe. Guess I better hit up Gamestop.  :P

kashell

« Reply #11135 on: May 23, 2016, 02:16:49 pm »
I feel ya I started out my work day...forgetting to bring my lunch bucket after I spent quite a bit this morning packing it. And I work alone today. I'm going to be one hungry dude come 7pm.

I'd be calling somebody or ordering a pizza delivery!  There's no way in hell my fat ass could go all day without food.  I'd just be so sick to my stomach I would feel like puking.   :-\

Days without food are the days I become vicious. You do NOT come between Kashell and his food.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11136 on: May 23, 2016, 02:57:39 pm »
Well good news is I am finally a proud SNES owner after a trip to the flea market yesterday.

Got one in a lot with Rocket Knight Adventures boxed for $55 total.

The bad news is the cords it came with are third party, mainly the power cord is a crummy third party one that can be used for SNES or Genesis. I tried out the console and the power light on the front just kinda flickers, it doesn't stay on steady. Is that supposed to happen?

I can't get any response from the system and my thought is I need to find an original power cord to test it out correctly. Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with :)?

Awsome! The SNES has one of the greatest game libraries of any system ever. Enjoy that.

Usually when that happens, the power cord has a short in it somewhere. If you're lucky, you might be able to find where it's at, and just the wiggle the cord into a place that it likes.

But I'd just get another one off of eBay. And in this case, the 3-in-1 adapter (third-party) is the cheapest option, and has worked fine for me. You'll have less issues with shorts, too, since the originals are 30 years old.

desocietas

« Reply #11137 on: May 23, 2016, 03:05:53 pm »

From the publisher:
•Premium Packaging
•Quickstart Guide
•Game DVD
•A3 Poster

•Steelbox
•Quickstart Guide
•Game DVD
•Audio-CD OST
•2 Postcards

The only downside is it's in a DVD-sized steelbox instead of a XBOX One sized case but that's a minor gripe. Guess I better hit up Gamestop.  :P

I should mention that the retail copies will be for either PC *or* Xbox One, so those without Xb1s, there'll be a physical PC version as well :)

I didn't see it available on any online shops yet, but hopefully soon!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #11138 on: May 23, 2016, 03:07:48 pm »
Damn, dirty Steam. I can see myself slipping further and further down that PC/digital rabbit hole. It's so easy and cheap.

Haha, I had to tell myself to stop buying Steam games. I have so many already and it just makes the backlog worse. I put the games I'm interested in on my wishlist and wait for a sale or other friends will get it for me for gift-giving opportunities.  Or you could tell yourself to wait for the next Summer Sale (June something), but that's dangerous in of itself.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11139 on: May 23, 2016, 04:36:01 pm »

Days without food are the days I become vicious. You do NOT come between Kashell and his food.

This is how i am with my coffee in the morning...... You wont like me without my morning coffee....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11140 on: May 23, 2016, 05:03:03 pm »

Haha, I had to tell myself to stop buying Steam games. I have so many already and it just makes the backlog worse. I put the games I'm interested in on my wishlist and wait for a sale or other friends will get it for me for gift-giving opportunities.  Or you could tell yourself to wait for the next Summer Sale (June something), but that's dangerous in of itself.

Hit me up on Steam.  I only have one friend...  :(

desocietas

« Reply #11141 on: May 23, 2016, 05:14:53 pm »

Hit me up on Steam.  I only have one friend...  :(

Aw, haha. Don't forget to go through the Steam/ Wii U / Gamertag blah blah thread for other people to add!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/desocietas/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11142 on: May 23, 2016, 05:36:24 pm »
I'm on steam!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/tafkco

Add me please

be my friend

i have like 5

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11143 on: May 23, 2016, 06:10:40 pm »
Ori and the blind forest retail is up on amazon at least for xbone just go to the digital version and there should be the option to preorder the physical version

desocietas

« Reply #11144 on: May 23, 2016, 06:20:16 pm »
Ori and the blind forest retail is up on amazon at least for xbone just go to the digital version and there should be the option to preorder the physical version

Oh yeah, I did see that. I meant the limited edition, but thanks for mentioning that for folks :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas