Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600071 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11205 on: May 30, 2016, 10:44:01 am »
I spent my entire weekend at work.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11206 on: May 30, 2016, 10:46:46 am »
I spent my entire weekend at work.

Well...on the plus side, more money.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11207 on: May 30, 2016, 11:42:17 am »
I bought a couch. Eff being an adult.

karyann

« Reply #11208 on: May 30, 2016, 12:05:39 pm »
It sounds like a great weekend. Especially the Japanese studying part! I did that while we were on the lake. Everyone else was reading a trash novel or tweeting on their phones.

I haven't been to a lake in so long, I miss going to my friend's summer house with her. It was lakeside, far enough from people to feel "in the wild" but close enough that it didn't take an hour to go to. What else did you do there?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11209 on: May 30, 2016, 02:51:07 pm »

but that cuts into gaming money.  :o

1049-2600-8730

pacpix

« Reply #11210 on: May 30, 2016, 04:01:09 pm »

but that cuts into gaming money.  :o

Well you need a place to sit to play all your games!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #11211 on: May 30, 2016, 04:06:57 pm »
It sounds like a great weekend. Especially the Japanese studying part! I did that while we were on the lake. Everyone else was reading a trash novel or tweeting on their phones.

I haven't been to a lake in so long, I miss going to my friend's summer house with her. It was lakeside, far enough from people to feel "in the wild" but close enough that it didn't take an hour to go to. What else did you do there?

Yeah, their house is modern but the lake makes it feel like you're stepping into untouched terrain.

We soaked up sun rays, ate at this marina, played a variety of board games and swam about. I was the only one of us that went water skiing. I managed to get up on my first try and had a blast. I forget how much fun it is to do that but also how taxing it is when you do it for too long.

Oh, and we drank. Lots. It was magical.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11212 on: May 30, 2016, 11:34:04 pm »
Wow Warriors, that is all i gotta say

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11213 on: May 31, 2016, 08:38:32 am »
Not even an hour in the work day and I'm already not feeling it. This week is going to be a brutal one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:09:10 pm by kashell »

« Reply #11214 on: May 31, 2016, 08:46:25 am »
Saturday, I went to garage sales, book stores, and thrift stores.  I haven't been able to do that very much since I bought my house, so that was nice.  All of that was done under the premise of driving to the other side of town to go see about buying trees.  Bought 5 trees, so this is the first step in working on our backyard.  Next is getting a gazebo.

Sunday, I went and bought $100+ worth of wood to build more shelving units.  Mostly because my father-in-law said he would bring his circular saw so we could work on it.  He brought a drill instead.  So I decided that I should go buy my own, so I went and bought a cheap saw.  Long story short, I still haven't built the shelves.  Excuses and shenanigans, so I never got around to it Sunday.

Monday, I started playing AC:Unity.  I hated it so much that I decided to stop procrastinating and started working on things around the house.  I rearranged the living room, retro game room, and handheld game room.  Living room and handheld game room are pretty much finished, and I'm pretty happy with how they are and look... plus I have room to add more games as I get them.  Retro game room is a mess and will remain a mess until I build more shelving units.  I've got all of my PS2 and Xbox games in stacks on the floor, all of my Atari/Coleco/Intellivision/etc stuff boxed back up, and all of my PS1 and NES games on temporary shelving.  I may actually keep the PS1 and NES on the temporary shelving since it works so well for those smaller stuff.

So, in all, I probably spent $1000 this weekend on stuff.  YAY adulting. :(

gf78

« Reply #11215 on: May 31, 2016, 09:02:34 am »
Had a nice barbecue at my parents Sunday.  Prior to that, Saturday sucked.  My wife and I went to St. Louis because she won tickets to the Helium Comedy Club.  The friggin' mall was so full of an...."unsavory lot" that you couldn't even eat your damn mall food without getting pissed about how loud the chicken-head's were screaming.  Not to mention I can't stand grown men walking around with their asses hanging out of the top of their pants.   >:(  After about an hour, we just said fuck it and left and went shopping elsewhere.  I had to work yesterday, so....yay me.

Other than that, I was pretty productive getting pictures taken of a ton of my Star Wars stuff (check out the thread in the off-topic forum!) http://s265.photobucket.com/user/hnoel26_2008/slideshow/Star%20Wars%20Collection  I'm probably 2/3 of the way done taking pics.  I still have all the magazines, comics, dolls, tons more figures, some statues, etc. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:05:46 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #11216 on: May 31, 2016, 01:41:04 pm »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11217 on: May 31, 2016, 02:01:34 pm »
Just rewatched this amazing episode last night for the first time in years.

Such an awesome episode. The Enterprise-C appears from a wormhole, but belongs 22 years in the past. They emerge from it in tatters, with a fraction of the crew left alive and their ship in pieces after defending a Klingon Outpost from a Romulan Attack of 4 Romulan ships.

Meanwhile, reality around the Enterprise-D (Picard's ship) changes. Suddenly they are in different uniforms, the Enterprise is a battleship, and Lt. Tasha Yar is alive and at her post!

It's revealed that Starfleet are on the the losing side of a war against the Klingon Empire. And that the battle that the Enterprise-C just arrived from in the past, was a deciding factor in Starfleet and The Klingon Empire signing a peace-treaty. The Klingons were honored by the Enterprise-C's sacrifice in battle.

So now Picard and crew must decide to send a ship and her crew back to certain death to avoid a costly war, or to save the lives of them and their crew. To futher complicate the matter, according to the Prime Directive, they can't even send them back with modern weaponry to help them.

Science fiction was soooo good back then. Now, it seems, it's just in-your-face action with a sci-fi back-drop. Wish we still got good sci-fi like this, nowadays.

kashell

« Reply #11218 on: May 31, 2016, 02:45:29 pm »
Wh-wh-what?!?!

http://techraptor.net/content/romancing-saga-2-will-western-release

I think this calls for champagne!

desocietas

« Reply #11219 on: May 31, 2016, 02:46:27 pm »
Wh-wh-what?!?!

http://techraptor.net/content/romancing-saga-2-will-western-release

I think this calls for champagne!

I saw this, but I was worried that it would just be a port of the mobile version. Admittedly, I haven't read up on it, so maybe my fears aren't true!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas