Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1594906 times)

necrosexual

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11670 on: July 15, 2016, 03:10:12 pm »
This is so true and so me.

in a lot of ways, i was the man of my last relationship
however, in this case, my ex was the man, because he was a total fucking bitch-ass punk when it came to getting a cold. annoyed the fuck out of me.

Hmm... I've never heard this one. I wonder if men really overreact to colds, or if it's perceived this way over less tolerance for men complaining in general. Maybe both.

it's both. i think women in general tend to be able to wave off a cold, too, because they get monthly pms symptoms they have to deal with, and for a lot of women, those range from 'tolerable pain that goes away with ibuprofen but still a bitch' to... well, very painful, no ibuprofen will take the beast down. along with a plethora of other issues that are side effects that are.. uh, less mentioned.
(female friends tho are tmi with me lmao)
so by the time women are adults they've dealt with dozens of those, so the common cold is kinda a cakewalk.

words
Someone made the statement that maybe it was donated without the game and the employs just threw a sticker on it and put it on the shelf (Possible I guess).  But I was in a situation where I was watching a handful of crap games marked $3.99 for weeks, absolutely CIB.  Come the day where the games are marked half price, $1.98, all of the discs have been stolen out of the cases.  You couldn't be bothered to steal the discs when they were $4, but now that they are $2, you can be bothered to steal the discs... and you can't be bothered to just pay the $2/game?  You can't possibly be expecting to make money from stealing these games, I'm talking about shitty $4 games, games that people wouldn't pay $4 a piece for complete.

Try pawn shops, sometimes you can find some good deals at pawn shops, and usually they will haggle.

like the complete copies of .hack I found at one pawn shop for $.50 a piece ;) really the only great luck ive had. the pawn shops around me always price $10-30 for ps4/xbone depending on the game $5 for ps3/360/wii u/3ds  $3 for ds/wii $2 for all cartridge games nes/snes/gen/n64/gba/gb/2600/ect and $1 for all ps2/ps1/xbox. every now and then you will find great games for great prices but its always a gamble on if they will work or not.

i've had mad success with pawn shops. CIB twilight princess for the wii for $4, all the PS3 games at the local one near me are $5... 360 too i think.

but they don't sell anything before PS3/360/wii unfortunately. i'd kill to browse $1 ps2/xbox games.
and they don't haggle around here unfortunately. but that's fine, their prices are usually pretty low. maybe if i bulk-bought some games i'd have better luck, but i usually don't bother. got a 22" tv (720p) for like $15... to me, all that shit is good deals already, i don't feel the need to haggle. i'm cheap but everyone has to make a buck in life.

but the thrift stores here are pretty dry.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #11671 on: July 15, 2016, 03:30:28 pm »
Thrift stores in my area (60 miles or so in any given direction) are pretty barren when it comes to gaming items.  You can usually find some old PC CD-ROM titles, but forget finding cartridges and most of the newer disc-based games you find are Madden or NBA-whogivesaflyingfuck 2Kblowitoutyourass.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

azure

« Reply #11672 on: July 15, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »
Madden or NBA-whogivesaflyingfuck 2Kblowitoutyourass.   ::)

Accurate.

kashell

« Reply #11673 on: July 15, 2016, 03:59:01 pm »
Madden or NBA-whogivesaflyingfuck 2Kblowitoutyourass.   ::)

Accurate.

So accurate.

gf78

« Reply #11674 on: July 15, 2016, 07:03:58 pm »
Hilarity ensued after work today. I got behind a truck full of Latinos . When they saw my uniform and my phone, one of the guys in back smacked the window and said something into the cab. They all started staring at me, then took off down a side street. I was laughing my ass off. I think perhaps they were illegal immigrants.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:06:03 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tpugmire

« Reply #11675 on: July 15, 2016, 08:49:57 pm »
I made a SNES controller to CD-i adapter yesterday. I feel like an electrical genius. In reality, I just followed some plans that someone far smarter than me came up with.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

karyann

« Reply #11676 on: July 15, 2016, 09:37:20 pm »
I made a SNES controller to CD-i adapter yesterday. I feel like an electrical genius. In reality, I just followed some plans that someone far smarter than me came up with.

Still, being able to follow such a plan is impressive in itself! That's pretty cool  :D

On a side note, I'm extremely tempted to get this gorgeous clock for my new apartment. I'm not even into clocks or that kind of thing. But this one is just so pretty!
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/251732567/zelda-gate-of-time-wood-clock

kashell

« Reply #11677 on: July 16, 2016, 10:34:05 am »
A good time piece brings a room together. I say get it!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11678 on: July 16, 2016, 11:19:22 am »

Nice, you gotta share it on tuesday :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11679 on: July 16, 2016, 11:24:11 am »
Saw a Gabriel Iglasias comedy show with my wife last night and had a great time! A bunch of extra comedians opened up and they were pretty damn good.

Gabriel's set went way over the scheduled time and he did great with interacting with the crowd. And it was his 40th birthday.

I think my favorite part was the first comic, Martin Moreno. He was an old, Mexican stoner that was also a grandpa. And he had no filter. He was hilarious.

karyann

« Reply #11680 on: July 17, 2016, 06:54:54 pm »

I may just have to follow your advice for the sole reason that it came from the one and only Gent-K.  ;)

I'm definitely not looking for all possible excuses to order it.  :-X

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11681 on: July 18, 2016, 01:16:08 am »
I was playing Illusion of Gaia on SNES today, and I got to a point I couldn't pass. It was the bosses of the Mu area, which are two vampires. I had no healing items left, and was nowhere near where I could go back to a town and purchase some. And no way could I beat them without healing items, I tried many times.

So I gave in and pulled out the Game Genie. Only after I put in the code for infinite energy and the game started, I learned that the Game Genie also had erased my save file!  >:(

kashell

« Reply #11682 on: July 18, 2016, 08:31:16 am »

I may just have to follow your advice for the sole reason that it came from the one and only Gent-K.  ;)

I'm definitely not looking for all possible excuses to order it.  :-X

^.~

It might be a bit pricey for a clock, but:

1. It will keep track of time, so yay for that.
2. It's a great conversation piece.
3. You can theme the room around it with more Zelda stuff and/or wooden decorations.
4. It has a video game theme. More video game decorations are a good thing!
5. You'd be supporting a fellow Etsy user.

I'm sure that there are other reasons, but those are the ones I thought of so far.

karyann

« Reply #11683 on: July 18, 2016, 12:50:38 pm »
The handmade nature of it does make it even better  :) I can't wait to be done moving, which should happen next Sunday. And before that: Safari Park on Saturday! This week is going to be so tiring but should be great at the same time  ;D

kashell

« Reply #11684 on: July 18, 2016, 02:25:00 pm »
Good luck moving Lady K! It's never fun, but the feeling of accomplishment after you're finished is sublime. Also, it's an excuse to consume copious amounts of pizza and beer.