Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598879 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11895 on: August 15, 2016, 02:44:35 pm »
I'm trying to decide on a second portable game to bring when I travel this week and part of next. I'm bringing my PSP because I started my 13756th file of Valkyrie Profile. Now all I need is one more.

I stopped playing Conception II because it was starting to get too tedious. I may bring 7th Dragon, but I'm not sure since I already have an RPG. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions or Sega 3D Classics Collection (if you own them of course).  ;)

kashell

« Reply #11896 on: August 15, 2016, 03:24:22 pm »
Nope, I don't own those. I may stop at a store after work tomorrow and investigate. If the price is nice, those would be good choices since they're easy to pick up and play.

desocietas

« Reply #11897 on: August 15, 2016, 03:49:03 pm »
That's a tough one - all my PSP games are RPGs... That's the nice thing about my 3DS - at least I have non-RPG games for that, including the digital stuff.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

shepard11

« Reply #11898 on: August 15, 2016, 06:13:47 pm »
So excited got my Genesis out of the shop today I cannot wait to get home and plug that bad boy in. And this weekend my PS3 should be here, so a whole new library of games I can play.

kashell

« Reply #11899 on: August 15, 2016, 09:08:39 pm »
That's a tough one - all my PSP games are RPGs... That's the nice thing about my 3DS - at least I have non-RPG games for that, including the digital stuff.

I'm not above bringing the 3DS along. I usually bring a second console along for the ride. The PSP is the first one because of Valkyrie Profile. I have it narrowed down to a few things. Maybe someone can help me pick.

Final Fantasy III (PSP version). It's one of the few games in the series that I never finished aside from watching someone complete an LP of the NES version.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. The sequel to my favorite game in the series.

7th Dragon. See above.

Legend of Legacy. It's basically a SaGa game. I love the series, but I have to be in the right mood to fully play and appreciate them.

Mega Man Legacy Collection. I've finished one through three so far.

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. I played it years ago, but I figure it might be fun again alongside the original Valkyrie Profile.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters. I still haven't touched this game. I have no idea what to expect with it.

Another thought I had would be to purchase the new Odin Sphere. I heard it plays like Muramasa, which was a blast.

necrosexual

« Reply #11900 on: August 16, 2016, 05:08:34 am »
holy shit!
i was browsing ebay for some ps3 jrpgs that are pretty hard to come by these days, when i saw a listing for a complete pokemon soulsilver, used, for over $100.
i was like
that can't be right

it is trending at EIGHTY DOLLARS.

what the FUCK??
and it's selling at that rate, apparently??
what's so unique about soulsilver and heartgold? platinum is still in the $30s or so,  but these games just skyrocketed in cost.

is it something to do with pokemon go? it has to be, right? people who played go and got nostalgic or something? that is fucking ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 05:10:26 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #11901 on: August 16, 2016, 08:14:22 am »
Partly Pokemon Go.

Partly the fact that Soul Silver/Heart Gold are the pricier Pokemon games because they came with the Pokewalker.

necrosexual

« Reply #11902 on: August 16, 2016, 06:23:34 pm »
Partly Pokemon Go.

Partly the fact that Soul Silver/Heart Gold are the pricier Pokemon games because they came with the Pokewalker.

but these $80 copies aren't coming with the walkers. @.@

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11903 on: August 16, 2016, 06:25:06 pm »
^ That's eBay for you. One copy of the game goes for $80, so now everyone is gonna charge that much. And half of them won't even tell you it doesn't come with the walker.

rayne315

« Reply #11904 on: August 16, 2016, 06:37:44 pm »
Partly Pokemon Go.

that's ridiculous.... good thing I have them already...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

necrosexual

« Reply #11905 on: August 16, 2016, 06:50:10 pm »
Partly Pokemon Go.

that's ridiculous.... good thing I have them already...

i don't have heartgold, but i'm not on the market rn for it either. i just saw it in the sidebar and wondered if that price was 'accurate' for ebay prices... lo and behold, it was. yikes.
(if i do go on the market for it, i think i may reach for a PAL copy, it's just a shame that even tho SS/HG is the first games in the series to return to russia, iirc, it's not translated over, or i'd shoot for a russian copy)

« Reply #11906 on: August 17, 2016, 08:25:14 am »
Good grief.  I guess it really is.  Gamestop is selling Heartgold for $50 loose.

Anybody else get into the PS4 4.0 update beta program?  I haven't updated yet, but it sounds like it adds a lot of nice features.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:17:29 am by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11907 on: August 17, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »
Prices in general on gaming seems to be getting crazy. I know I've been collecting a lot less that I did in previous years because of rising prices. I'm a LOT more picky with my games now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:23:38 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11908 on: August 17, 2016, 08:50:42 pm »
Princes in general on gaming seems to be getting crazy. I know I've been collecting a lot less that I did in previous years because of rising prices. I'm a LOT more picky with my games now.

Me too.  That's coming from a guy that used to buy everything that he found.

necrosexual

« Reply #11909 on: August 17, 2016, 11:38:06 pm »
Prices in general on gaming seems to be getting crazy. I know I've been collecting a lot less that I did in previous years because of rising prices. I'm a LOT more picky with my games now.
yeah i'm actually nervous enough that next month... when i get more money again, i'll probably go ahead and throw down for agarest of war on ps3 ;I i hate doing that, but i've not seen it in gamestop for ages and it's not going to be another SMT devil survivor overclocked situation (wasn't in the system, came into the system, every store has one copy at least now)... first one will be my one and only PAL ps3 game tho, pretty exciting at least~
and once gamestop stops carrying ps3 titles, those are the kind of games that will shoot up in cost i bet. rare niche jrpgs.
ughhh.
all of it is what keeps me collecting for ps3 rn... i'll probably stop at 104 titles, as then i'll have everything i want for the console marked off my list. want a few titles for 360 (no 360, but you know) before those are phased out too. then onto current gen since old gen is so expensive.

the bubble will burst eventually, it always does, but patiently waiting makes me more anxious. sigh.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:40:30 pm by necrosexual »