Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1596690 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12450 on: December 19, 2016, 02:34:14 pm »
Was informed at GS that Half Genie Hero actually comes out tomorrow? I guess the release was bumped up? Went ahead and pre-ordered.

EDIT: Ugh, they were wrong I'm pretty sure. Looks like the Wii U version isn't coming for another week. Nothing can ever come out on time with the Wii U.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:04:29 pm by Warmsignal »

kashell

« Reply #12451 on: December 20, 2016, 08:31:17 am »
For those who are fans of the Persona series, which version of Persona 3 is the best? The other day, I found a copy of P3P for cheap and decided to pick it up because I hear nothing but good things about Persona 3. However, I wasn't a fan of the first Persona (original and the remake) and I hear that these games can be major time sinks. Any input would be lovely!

azure

« Reply #12452 on: December 20, 2016, 09:04:12 am »
For those who are fans of the Persona series, which version of Persona 3 is the best? The other day, I found a copy of P3P for cheap and decided to pick it up because I hear nothing but good things about Persona 3. However, I wasn't a fan of the first Persona (original and the remake) and I hear that these games can be major time sinks. Any input would be lovely!
P3P and Persona 3 FES are the best ways to play. FES is the way to go in my opinion because it is the most content heavy version of the game, including the a slight enhanced version of vanilla P3 and the Answer. P3P on the other hand has a female protagonist along with the male, with a different overall story and social links. P3P is also the only version where you can control your teammates action's as well. Each versions have some more minor differences, but overall the verdict;

FES if you want the complete P3 story.

P3P if you want different story bits and social links from two protagonists.

My suggestion is play FES to see how you feel about the game, and indulge in the story. If you like it, you can always playthrough P3P to see the differences with the female protagonist. You can still get FES brand new cheap on Amazon and other places so don't sweat it.

desocietas

« Reply #12453 on: December 20, 2016, 01:34:18 pm »
Azure said it best! I also recommend FES even though I haven't even finished the game. Played about 20 hours or more of P3P and more than that of FES... preferred how FES handled the mini-jobs and side stuff over P3P. P3P streamlined it for you, but I felt that kinda took away from the feel of the game. Also, I'm not the sort of RPG player who demands control of their party members. I feel like that's part of the game design and the gamble you have to worry about.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #12454 on: December 20, 2016, 03:02:23 pm »
Thanks for the information!

I think I'm going to return it and casually be on the look out for FES. I already have enough portable games to deal with anyway.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12455 on: December 20, 2016, 07:45:41 pm »
I've been having some really stupid thoughts lately. Lord help me, but I'm toying with the idea of collecting a "full set" of Wii U games. Not totally sure why I'm compelled to do this. Most of the spending would be on stupid titles that I don't care about, and I've never really done this type of collecting before, at least not in many years. It's partly that I know it's do-able, partly that it's Nintendo, it's their weirdest and least successful console in many years, it's going to be highly "collectable" in the future. I know I shouldn't. The most discouraging factor, is that many GS locations still hold a lot of third party Wii U titles at a peculiar $17.99. Which is often better than the eBay price, but not quite low enough. I dunno.

telly

« Reply #12456 on: December 20, 2016, 10:32:56 pm »

I think I'm going to return it and casually be on the look out for FES. I already have enough portable games to deal with anyway.

If you end up getting P3 FES, let me know and we can play it at the same time since I just got it :D
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #12457 on: December 21, 2016, 08:43:38 am »

If you end up getting P3 FES, let me know and we can play it at the same time since I just got it :D

I will! It'd be fun to help each other out and play through it at the same time.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12458 on: December 21, 2016, 09:40:26 am »
I've been having some really stupid thoughts lately. Lord help me, but I'm toying with the idea of collecting a "full set" of Wii U games. Not totally sure why I'm compelled to do this. Most of the spending would be on stupid titles that I don't care about, and I've never really done this type of collecting before, at least not in many years. It's partly that I know it's do-able, partly that it's Nintendo, it's their weirdest and least successful console in many years, it's going to be highly "collectable" in the future. I know I shouldn't. The most discouraging factor, is that many GS locations still hold a lot of third party Wii U titles at a peculiar $17.99. Which is often better than the eBay price, but not quite low enough. I dunno.

DO IT!!!!  It will be fun!

Warmsignal

« Reply #12459 on: December 21, 2016, 10:34:47 am »

Are you going for it, Turf? You have a lot of Wii U games.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12460 on: December 21, 2016, 10:37:48 am »

Are you going for it, Turf? You have a lot of Wii U games.

I'm not sure.  Depends on what happens with prices in years to come.  Right now, no; but if prices get reasonable, I'm halfway there.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12461 on: December 21, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »
Am I the only one that talks shit to inanimate objects when they don't do what you want them to?

desocietas

« Reply #12462 on: December 21, 2016, 02:04:25 pm »
Am I the only one that talks shit to inanimate objects when they don't do what you want them to?

I think we all do that to our computers, don't we? haha
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12463 on: December 21, 2016, 02:33:13 pm »
So can my newly acquired Action Replay on GameCube (thanks Karyann!) allow me to play imports, like the Saturn version, or is it just a cheat device?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12464 on: December 21, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »
Anyone checked out this site before? Pretty damn cool if you're a Sega Master System fan:

http://www.smstributes.co.uk/