Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1600818 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #12510 on: December 28, 2016, 12:49:55 pm »
OMG guys, this is a first. Went to open up my Mario Party 10 Amiibo bundle I got for Xmas (from GS). The seal was already broken on it, and guess what, NO game inside the case. That's how they sold it to me. I bet they're not going to believe me unless I get someone decent to help me.  >:(
Yeah.  I've had this happen a few times, when this happens, I either go back to the store I bought it from or I go to a store that I know will help me out.

desocietas

« Reply #12511 on: December 28, 2016, 01:48:04 pm »
OMG guys, this is a first. Went to open up my Mario Party 10 Amiibo bundle I got for Xmas (from GS). The seal was already broken on it, and guess what, NO game inside the case. That's how they sold it to me. I bet they're not going to believe me unless I get someone decent to help me.  >:(

Ahh, that sucks. Yeah,  if you know what store you got it from,  they should be able to make it right.  They usually put part of the bundle out for display and keep the game behind the counter... Sounds like someone messed up and forgot  ::) ...

But they should see the extra game there in the drawer once you explain it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #12512 on: December 28, 2016, 07:03:51 pm »

Ahh, that sucks. Yeah,  if you know what store you got it from,  they should be able to make it right.  They usually put part of the bundle out for display and keep the game behind the counter... Sounds like someone messed up and forgot  ::) ...

That's where this whole situation is weird. I took it back in and he refunded it, but he told me that a bunch of them had been brought back with the games missing, and they can't find the discs for them. Probably got thrown away. Why would they need to gut all of them? Sounds suspicious.

Had to go to another GS to get one, the seal was not broken on this one, but unfortunately the box is a bit beat up compared to the one I took back.  :-\ I have the urge to just go check their dumpster tonight and retrieve the box I took back (because I knew it was headed for the trash when he took the Amiibo out of it).

desocietas

« Reply #12513 on: December 28, 2016, 09:16:51 pm »

That's where this whole situation is weird. I took it back in and he refunded it, but he told me that a bunch of them had been brought back with the games missing, and they can't find the discs for them. Probably got thrown away. Why would they need to gut all of them? Sounds suspicious.

Had to go to another GS to get one, the seal was not broken on this one, but unfortunately the box is a bit beat up compared to the one I took back.  :-\ I have the urge to just go check their dumpster tonight and retrieve the box I took back (because I knew it was headed for the trash when he took the Amiibo out of it).

Huh, that is very odd indeed. I can  understand if that happened to maybe one or two other copies but "a bunch of them"? Very suspect... Glad you managed to get a complete bundle, but it sucks that it's not in as nice of condition :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #12514 on: December 30, 2016, 01:04:22 pm »
So I am attempting my first request of a game transfer at GS. They located a copy of Game & Wario from out town and said they'll have it shipped in. I already have a case/manual for this, so this disc only copy will be a perfect match. The only problem is, I don't know how much it is. I didn't ask. They don't have it listed anymore so I guess that will remain a mystery until I gets there. Hoping they haven't jacked the price up too high. The case I found for it had it marked at $30 "new", but that's been over a year. eBay prices are a bit excessive in my opinion.

Weird that it's not listed on their website at all.  ???

I saw one in a store not too long ago and I keep seeing that the price of the game creeps up in $5 increments. I'm kicking myself for not picking it up for $19.99 and if I remember right it was either $29.99 or $34.99 (probably the latter as TONS of games get bumped up in price for the holidays  :-[).

Hopefully you get it for a decent price.  ;)

It's was 34.99 pre-owned. So not bad compared to eBay. The next biggest obstacle on my Wii U hit-list is going to be Devil's Third. Probably won't find that one anywhere but online.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12515 on: January 01, 2017, 08:03:45 pm »
you know no one's made the post yet so...

Happy New Years everyone

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12516 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:58 pm »
Does anyone know if Shantae: Half-Hero Genie is coming to 3DS eventually, like Pirate's Curse did?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12517 on: January 01, 2017, 10:42:41 pm »
Does anyone know if Shantae: Half-Hero Genie is coming to 3DS eventually, like Pirate's Curse did?

Haven't heard anything about a 3DS version as a backer of the game so I doubt that there will be.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12518 on: January 02, 2017, 11:47:45 am »
Sometimes I think there are games that I'm just destine to never have. There's a game I've been wanting to add to my DS collection for years. I finally broke down and bought it for a good chunk of change, and this was before Xmas. It has never came, no answers from the seller. Nothing but crickets. I hate to give up and seek a refund because I want the game. Why can't I have it? Why do the gaming gods frown upon this decision?

I don't know, I think I'm gonna wait some more. Maybe they're entranced by the holidays and have forgot about their eBay account. I don't know how much time eBay will give them if I report it. I got sort-of a decent deal on it and I don't want to give up, but maybe that's why they're not sending it.  ???

davifus

« Reply #12519 on: January 02, 2017, 11:53:02 am »
Sometimes I think there are games that I'm just destine to never have. There's a game I've been wanting to add to my DS collection for years. I finally broke down and bought it for a good chunk of change, and this was before Xmas. It has never came, no answers from the seller. Nothing but crickets. I hate to give up and seek a refund because I want the game. Why can't I have it? Why do the gaming gods frown upon this decision?

I don't know, I think I'm gonna wait some more. Maybe they're entranced by the holidays and have forgot about their eBay account. I don't know how much time eBay will give them if I report it. I got sort-of a decent deal on it and I don't want to give up, but maybe that's why they're not sending it.  ???

Could I ask what it was?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Warmsignal

« Reply #12520 on: January 02, 2017, 04:12:00 pm »

Could I ask what it was?

A Witch's Tale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12521 on: January 04, 2017, 01:37:27 pm »
So sick of logging into the internet, and the first thing I see on Yahoo News is a Kardassian.

Why are the Kardassians in the news everyday still?! Who cares if Kylie Jenner wore a sheek outfit. How is that freaking news?!

Remember when celebrity gossip used to be a subsection of the news, rather than the main-event?

« Reply #12522 on: January 04, 2017, 02:18:48 pm »
So sick of logging into the internet, and the first thing I see on Yahoo News is a Kardassian.

Why are the Kardassians in the news everyday still?! Who cares if Kylie Jenner wore a sheek outfit. How is that freaking news?!

Remember when celebrity gossip used to be a subsection of the news, rather than the main-event?
Pepperidge farms remembers.

I remember back when it wasn't even a subsection of the news, but the bastard step-child that nobody paid any attention to.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12523 on: January 04, 2017, 03:02:39 pm »
Sadly celebrities everyday happenings and death and sorrow in the world are what get ratings nowadays. My girlfriend and her family constantly ask me why I don't watch the news daily and its because like 75-90% of what it is relates to death, jail, sorrow, celebrities, all shit I dont care about.

Where are my news shows about scientific discoveries, things we are finding out, positives, like cmon.

davifus

« Reply #12524 on: January 04, 2017, 03:09:31 pm »

Pepperidge farms remembers.

I remember back when it wasn't even a subsection of the news, but the bastard step-child that nobody paid any attention to.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)