Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1564562 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13425 on: August 07, 2017, 11:24:23 am »
We got clueless people on the IT/Infrastructure side of things too supporting your programs  ;D

Luckily as far as programming goes I'm the only one in my group that really does it so I only have to deal with computer frustrations instead of people frustrations  :P (granted MUCH smaller scale projects of course)

Also a belated welcome back Karyann!  :)

Can you be my support?  :P

(Disclaimer, I do work with a bunch of very talented, helpful and devoted people who are amazing to work with :) But I also like to complain ;)  )

And thanks!   :D

doafan

« Reply #13426 on: August 07, 2017, 11:58:47 am »
Ah, I can understand your concern. Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS and its stuttering issues were pretty commonly reported unless the game was being played on a N3DS. They might as well have made it N3DS-exclusive but didn't for some reason.

Also want to get Hyrule Warriors but is not at my priority list right now, part of this is because of the stuttering that everybody mention eventually will purchase this title, I really want to increase my 3DS library even if that means that have to sell some of my NES cartridges, this past week sold my second copy of Mega Man 4 for $ 27 bucks at Mercado Libre and yesterday I have published Rockin' Kats for $ 1,475 Pesos which is almost $ 92.00 Dollars and already have three persons that want it, dunno if the price is to low but being honest haven't played this title, only played once just to test it and that's was all.

There is also a PC port that doesn't seem to have slowdown issues as well.

Dude my "PC" is the worst one of all the entire forum, haven't upgraded it since I got married  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

karyann

« Reply #13427 on: August 07, 2017, 05:20:16 pm »
Man, I really need to go through my entire collection and compare what I have IRL with what I have listed here. I forgot to add/remove a lot of things, and I'm sure there's more that I'm not seeing right now.

Do you guys go through your entire collection like this every now and then? I feel like I have to do it at least yearly to make sure I'm up to date.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13428 on: August 07, 2017, 05:31:57 pm »
Man, I really need to go through my entire collection and compare what I have IRL with what I have listed here. I forgot to add/remove a lot of things, and I'm sure there's more that I'm not seeing right now.

Do you guys go through your entire collection like this every now and then? I feel like I have to do it at least yearly to make sure I'm up to date.

I've audited mine a couple of times. Things were missing. Things weren't added to the collection. It's good to get things worked out. It feels good to me anyway.

azure

« Reply #13429 on: August 07, 2017, 05:42:06 pm »

Yeah, I should probably do it more often actually. Run across games/items never added, and stuff that is no longer in my possession.

desocietas

« Reply #13430 on: August 07, 2017, 05:51:39 pm »
I have sooo much stuff I haven't added yet. A lot of LRG and items from the wild. Was hoping to do it this summer but summer is almost over :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #13431 on: August 07, 2017, 06:07:36 pm »
Was hoping to do it this summer but summer is almost over :(

Haha, this perfectly describes so many things. My boyfriend and I wanted to go to the aquarium, on a whale watching cruise, camping, do an aerial parkour in trees (http://arbraska.com/en/), and so many more things. It's August and we haven't done any of these :o

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13432 on: August 07, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »
The EXCITING interlude to 'TAFK PLAYS FF7 for the first time'

Had a marathon session today as I was off work, a good 6 hours hitting the big climaxes and ending disc 2. Since I have heard disc 3 is just the final dungeon I decided I would try to finish it all today to, lo and behold after swapping to disc 3 and starting to trek through the dungeon I find that my copy is apparently too scratched to spawn in a random encounter and now the game softlocks anytime I get into one. I just want to finish this game guys, I'm so close but now I need to find a new Disc 3 to the game :(

kashell

« Reply #13433 on: August 08, 2017, 08:04:14 am »
I always keep up with adding/deleting my stuff. I'm OCD like that. @.@

rayne315

« Reply #13434 on: August 08, 2017, 11:40:53 am »

Had a marathon session today as I was off work, a good 6 hours hitting the big climaxes and ending disc 2. Since I have heard disc 3 is just the final dungeon I decided I would try to finish it all today to, lo and behold after swapping to disc 3 and starting to trek through the dungeon I find that my copy is apparently too scratched to spawn in a random encounter and now the game softlocks anytime I get into one. I just want to finish this game guys, I'm so close but now I need to find a new Disc 3 to the game :(

dang that sucks. did you try taking it to someone who will buff it for you first?

depending on the place and the actual condition of the disc it will be cheaper to buff it than to buy a new one. if you don't know any places that will buff discs try calling any retro stores in the area/if there are any video rental shops left in your area.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:43:10 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13435 on: August 08, 2017, 11:55:58 am »

dang that sucks. did you try taking it to someone who will buff it for you first?

depending on the place and the actual condition of the disc it will be cheaper to buff it than to buy a new one. if you don't know any places that will buff discs try calling any retro stores in the area/if there are any video rental shops left in your area.

Eh, not really any close to me in the suburbs and the trip to the city and buffing fee would probably cost more than the $7 I paid for a replacement disc 3 from ebay. At that point last night I just want to finish it so bad so just knowing that next week i'll have a disc in hand that should work and i can play out the final 2-3 hours gets me pumped. But damn if this isn't the biggest case of suspense while gaming I have had haha.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13436 on: August 08, 2017, 01:57:23 pm »
So all this slowdown you guys are talking about has me worried.

I'm still rocking the original 3DS XL, haven't upgraded to "New" 3DS. So far, so good. I haven't run into such issues.

But I do have Metroid: Return of Samus on pre-order. I really hope it runs okay...

doafan

« Reply #13437 on: August 08, 2017, 06:51:58 pm »
But I do have Metroid: Return of Samus on pre-order. I really hope it runs okay...

I do hope the same cause am gonna purchase the game if not at the release date I would purchase it at the same month of it's release by the way I have sold my copy of Rockin' Kats this afternoon  ;D

azure

« Reply #13438 on: August 08, 2017, 07:00:52 pm »
So far there is no info on Return of Samus being a New 3DS enhanced game (to my knowledge), aside from the amiibo support. So unless we get some new info before/at release it should play the same across all 3DS systems.

doafan

« Reply #13439 on: August 08, 2017, 07:08:11 pm »
So far there is no info on Return of Samus being a New 3DS enhanced game (to my knowledge), aside from the amiibo support.

Allow me to Fix your sentence: So unless we get some new info before/at release it should play the same across all 3DS and 2DS systems.   ;D