Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1564336 times)

azure

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13575 on: September 06, 2017, 12:51:51 pm »
It just clicked to me that Yakuza 6 is coming out early next year and I'm even more hyped for it.

I preordered the CE because it looked dope and didn't really recognize what game I was preordering and now that I've played Kiwami and am playing 0 I'm REALLY hyped for this CE.
Glad you are enjoying the series. Makes a fan like me happy not only seeing a lot more people give it a chance, but also the fact that I don't have to worry if the next game would be localized like in the past. SEGA has been pushing Yakuza in the west a whole lot more than they used to since 0 sold so well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13576 on: September 06, 2017, 01:03:16 pm »
I actually like Game Eye. *shrug*

I didn't say anything about the app itself, just about the guy's aggressive approach rubbing me the wrong way. It was like that guy at GameStop that just won't take no for an answer for the rewards card and gives you 4 different angles at it even after you've told him no multiple times.

But, I did try out Gameye a few months back and found it extremely lacking. A lot of titles just weren't there.

« Reply #13577 on: September 06, 2017, 01:27:27 pm »
It just clicked to me that Yakuza 6 is coming out early next year and I'm even more hyped for it.

I preordered the CE because it looked dope and didn't really recognize what game I was preordering and now that I've played Kiwami and am playing 0 I'm REALLY hyped for this CE.
Glad you are enjoying the series. Makes a fan like me happy not only seeing a lot more people give it a chance, but also the fact that I don't have to worry if the next game would be localized like in the past. SEGA has been pushing Yakuza in the west a whole lot more than they used to since 0 sold so well.
Yeah, right now I'm having the trouble deciding to just play Yakuza 2 or to wait for Kiwami 2.  I'm definitely not going to play 6 before finishing the rest of the franchise, so do I wait to play 6 or do I suck it up and just play 2.

If I play 2, I don't know if I can justify buying Kiwami 2 and playing it again.  I've got a short attention span like that, can't replay games too often.

I think right now I'm only missing 3 and Dead Souls.

desocietas

« Reply #13578 on: September 06, 2017, 01:36:43 pm »

I didn't say anything about the app itself, just about the guy's aggressive approach rubbing me the wrong way. It was like that guy at GameStop that just won't take no for an answer for the rewards card and gives you 4 different angles at it even after you've told him no multiple times.

But, I did try out Gameye a few months back and found it extremely lacking. A lot of titles just weren't there.

Right, I think my issue was that it didn't take variants into account, a big plus for VGC. My concern is that he's having folks upload their exported VGC collections so that he can easily add those to his app's database.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #13579 on: September 06, 2017, 01:49:28 pm »

Yeah, right now I'm having the trouble deciding to just play Yakuza 2 or to wait for Kiwami 2.  I'm definitely not going to play 6 before finishing the rest of the franchise, so do I wait to play 6 or do I suck it up and just play 2.

If I play 2, I don't know if I can justify buying Kiwami 2 and playing it again.  I've got a short attention span like that, can't replay games too often.

I think right now I'm only missing 3 and Dead Souls.

I suggest you go ahead and play 2 so you can be ready for 6 honestly. 2 did not get a English dub like the first did, so it's more inline with the other games. The artsyle for the PS2 games is something to see as well, I love it and think it holds up today. The only thing to be aware of is that in Yakuza 1-3 Shintaro Kazama is referred to as "Fuma". I guess SEGA thought us Americans are too stupid to differentiate his name, with Kiryu Kazuma or something within the narrative I dunno. The remake will add more story that flushes out the new stuff added in 0 and Majima will have his own playable story like in 0 as well. So that may justify a reason to play the remake when it releases for you?

3 is the black sheep of the franchise so do be prepared. I like it, but a lot of have issues with it. It is also the most butchered content wise here in NA. It is mainly just some minigames though so if you just play through the main game and don't usually do a lot of the side activities you won't even notice the omissions most likely.

Dead Souls is just a spin off game, its Kamarucho after a zombie outbreak with third person shooting. Thats pretty much it, clunky, but fun.

« Reply #13580 on: September 06, 2017, 02:17:50 pm »
I suggest you go ahead and play 2 so you can be ready for 6 honestly. 2 did not get a English dub like the first did, so it's more inline with the other games. The artsyle for the PS2 games is something to see as well, I love it and think it holds up today. The only thing to be aware of is that in Yakuza 1-3 Shintaro Kazama is referred to as "Fuma". I guess SEGA thought us Americans are too stupid to differentiate his name, with Kiryu Kazuma or something within the narrative I dunno. The remake will add more story that flushes out the new stuff added in 0 and Majima will have his own playable story like in 0 as well. So that may justify a reason to play the remake when it releases for you?

3 is the black sheep of the franchise so do be prepared. I like it, but a lot of have issues with it. It is also the most butchered content wise here in NA. It is mainly just some minigames though so if you just play through the main game and don't usually do a lot of the side activities you won't even notice the omissions most likely.

Dead Souls is just a spin off game, its Kamarucho after a zombie outbreak with third person shooting. Thats pretty much it, clunky, but fun.
I'm thinking that I probably will play 2 just because I want to play 6 as soon as it comes out.  But if Kiwami 2 adds content and substance then it is an easy justification.

From what I read about the differences between the original and Kiwami, it sounds like they were pretty on par.

I didn't do a ton of the side stuff in Kiwami, and I probably won't in the other ones.  I did the little Pocket Racer stuff a bit until I got to a point that I just didn't understand how I'm supposed to do it.  I didn't do any gambling or shogi.  So I don't know, I probably won't notice in 3.

Yeah, from what I've read Dead Souls is strictly non-canon, but I'm still interested in playing it... plus it's cheap.

kashell

« Reply #13581 on: September 06, 2017, 03:10:14 pm »

Right. I was chiming in regarding the app.

kashell

« Reply #13582 on: September 06, 2017, 03:11:52 pm »

I'm thinking that I probably will play 2 just because I want to play 6 as soon as it comes out.  But if Kiwami 2 adds content and substance then it is an easy justification.

From what I read about the differences between the original and Kiwami, it sounds like they were pretty on par.

I didn't do a ton of the side stuff in Kiwami, and I probably won't in the other ones.  I did the little Pocket Racer stuff a bit until I got to a point that I just didn't understand how I'm supposed to do it.  I didn't do any gambling or shogi.  So I don't know, I probably won't notice in 3.

Yeah, from what I've read Dead Souls is strictly non-canon, but I'm still interested in playing it... plus it's cheap.

I'm probably going to be starting Yakuza 2 next, too. I'm really looking forward to it. I hear Yakuza 3 is a bit buggy, but still fun.

shepard11

« Reply #13583 on: September 06, 2017, 03:15:14 pm »
My wife has brought me Destiny 2. She hates Destiny 1. What has she done? Good bye any other game for awhile.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13584 on: September 06, 2017, 03:21:22 pm »
My wife has brought me Destiny 2. She hates Destiny 1. What has she done? Good bye any other game for awhile.

I already warned my girlfriend that she will be a video game widow when Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out.  She might as well be ready. 

shepard11

« Reply #13585 on: September 06, 2017, 03:50:05 pm »

I already warned my girlfriend that she will be a video game widow when Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out.  She might as well be ready.

I really look forward to RDR2 I love the first game and I never played the single player campaign.

desocietas

« Reply #13586 on: September 06, 2017, 05:18:37 pm »

Haha, hopefully she has her own hobbies that she's happy to do by herself!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13587 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:05 am »

Haha, hopefully she has her own hobbies that she's happy to do by herself!

If she doesn't, she needs to find a hobby.  I've got lots of cowboy-ing to do!

Warmsignal

« Reply #13588 on: September 07, 2017, 03:25:19 pm »
Hope anyone who lives in Florida is getting the heck out of there right now, and take your games too! Man, that's a scary situation.

kashell

« Reply #13589 on: September 08, 2017, 08:03:06 am »
I know that Bonita Springs had to evacuate. That's where my grandparents migrate in the winter time. I'm hoping their place is still after Irma. Yikes.