Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1536543 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15105 on: April 12, 2020, 01:29:16 am »
Currently playing FF7 Remake, and the short of it is I'm absolutely in love with this game just 7-hours in. I have to say, this game is pure waifu/husbando bait to the max. The shipping that this game will inspire seem endless lol. I'm not one of those people, but it's hard not to grow attached to certain characters and pick favorites. Really hope the game carries this momentum until the end :)

« Reply #15106 on: April 12, 2020, 07:27:44 am »
I actually did something kind of neat for once in all my years of collecting games. Instead of being dead last to know something and too little too late, I had some foresight and was ahead of the curve. I bought a physical copy of the stealth released Cooking Mama on Switch, then the game was promptly recalled - as in ceased production. Now of course it's all the rage with scalpers R@RE RE$ALLED GAME!!$$

Something told me when I saw that it just popped up for sale out of nowhere, that I need to snag one. It's absolutely staying in my collection, and I'm going to play it eventually. So the publisher took the liberty of releasing it before the dev was satisfied with it, leading to the recall and now apparently, a lawsuit. So there's a chance this game might never again see the light of day after all this fiasco.
if anyone cares, you can buy it direct from the publisher.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15107 on: April 13, 2020, 10:52:33 am »

Planet Entertainment shows it being sold out. I'm kind of surprised that Rising Star didn't hold onto the rights of the CM franchise.

« Reply #15108 on: April 13, 2020, 01:43:57 pm »

Planet Entertainment shows it being sold out. I'm kind of surprised that Rising Star didn't hold onto the rights of the CM franchise.
Yup, looks sold out now.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15109 on: April 14, 2020, 07:30:56 am »

Yup, looks sold out now.

I ordered a copy through Play-Asia. It was $10 more than everyone else had it for and it said 2-4 days to stock but apparently it's been shipped out already. As much as I enjoy the Mama games, I'm actually more annoyed that I couldn't lock down a copy of Emma for Vita. I guess I waited too long on that one. :P

« Reply #15110 on: April 15, 2020, 09:37:07 am »

Yup, looks sold out now.
Back up and in stock for the time being.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15111 on: April 15, 2020, 12:35:07 pm »

Yup, looks sold out now.

Well damn the man. I'm going to laugh if it comes back and stays out to where it'll eventually drop to $19.99. You can be sure I will be kicking myself when that happens.  :P

Meh...I've made worse purchasing decisions in the past like paying full price for the CE of Duke Nukem Forever.  :o

« Reply #15112 on: April 15, 2020, 03:37:21 pm »

Yup, looks sold out now.

Well damn the man. I'm going to laugh if it comes back and stays out to where it'll eventually drop to $19.99. You can be sure I will be kicking myself when that happens.  :P

Meh...I've made worse purchasing decisions in the past like paying full price for the CE of Duke Nukem Forever.  :o
Wowie did I make that same poor decision in regards to DNF.

Anyway, with the lawsuit and Planet Entertainment's decision to sell themselves, I don't see this burned bridge being repaired.

« Reply #15113 on: April 15, 2020, 03:52:35 pm »
The publisher put out a statement saying that their agreement said that they are well within their rights to keep selling the game, so this may be going on for a while.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15114 on: April 15, 2020, 11:05:41 pm »
With the controversy whirling around this title, it'll probably be a lot more successful than it would have been otherwise due to all the rush of resellers trying to buy up copies. I think they've limited them to 2 per customer now. It's all free publicity and hype for a game that had no marketing budget and likely very few people who would have otherwise been in any hurry buy it.

kashell

« Reply #15115 on: April 17, 2020, 11:46:32 am »
I've noticed a lot of celebrities offering words of encouragement over social media.

It'd be nice if they offered donations to health care workers and the like BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

Flashback2012

« Reply #15116 on: April 17, 2020, 05:14:02 pm »
I've noticed a lot of celebrities offering words of encouragement over social media.

It'd be nice if they offered donations to health care workers and the like BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

Lady Gaga's been out there raising all kinds of money and what not. She's proving to be the exception to the rule. I heard Rihanna purchased and tried to send around 10 ventilators to Barbados but the US Guv'ment intercepted them and confiscated all but two (or maybe all of them).  >:(

Meh...trying to focus on the positive so not real worried about any celebs trying to be motivational/encouraging while they're "trapped" in their mansions.  :P

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15117 on: April 18, 2020, 05:32:46 am »

Lady Gaga's been out there raising all kinds of money and what not. She's proving to be the exception to the rule. I heard Rihanna purchased and tried to send around 10 ventilators to Barbados but the US Guv'ment intercepted them and confiscated all but two (or maybe all of them).  >:(

Meh...trying to focus on the positive so not real worried about any celebs trying to be motivational/encouraging while they're "trapped" in their mansions.  :P

U2 did 10 million in Ireland, Pink did 1 million. And there will be others, but not all want to be in the news for it i guess.

« Reply #15118 on: April 18, 2020, 06:09:41 am »
U2 did 10 million in Ireland, Pink did 1 million. And there will be others, but not all want to be in the news for it i guess.

This.  Michael Che from SNL (so kind of famous, but not loaded) paid off the rent in the home where his grandmother lived after she died of COVID.  Dolly Parton has given a lot.  Paris Hilton and Oprah have both given over $10 million so far.  It's happening, but a lot of it is probably getting either drowned out or the celebrities are just not drawing attention.

kashell

« Reply #15119 on: April 18, 2020, 04:36:20 pm »
I'm glad to read all of that. I knew about Lady Gaga - that was the motivation behind my previous post. I wasn't aware of any of the others.