Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1564173 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15405 on: October 29, 2020, 05:52:33 pm »
Unless it was you leaving the feedback, I didn't call you a liar, Pzeke. And if my complaint bothers you, ignore it and move on. I have a right to voice however I feel about it. He said I did something I didn't. Now other buyers might see that and wonder if I'll cheat them, as well. Nope, don't like that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:54:16 pm by burningdoom »

pzeke

« Reply #15406 on: October 29, 2020, 06:51:12 pm »
He didn't call you a liar.  He asked if you like being called one, because he feels that he has been

That's irrelevant at this juncture, my point stands.

Unless it was you leaving the feedback, I didn't call you a liar, Pzeke. And if my complaint bothers you, ignore it and move on. I have a right to voice however I feel about it. He said I did something I didn't. Now other buyers might see that and wonder if I'll cheat them, as well. Nope, don't like that.

And just as I surmised, that right there proves you merely glossed over my post where I was, not only being understanding of your "situation", but sharing my knowledge and trying to help you get things sorted out. For fuck's sake, my intent was to PM you based on your reply to my original post in order to offer further assistance. So yeah, your post was "a bother".

As I said, your feedback and your account is in one piece—you're making it seem like other buyer's won't read your feedback (if they ever really do) and understand the situation. If the buyer's mistake deflates your ego so much, contact them again and nicely ask if they could reply to your reply acknowledging their mistake.

Seriously, you're making a mountain out of molehill.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15407 on: October 29, 2020, 07:21:08 pm »
You know where you can stick that "assistance"?

pzeke

« Reply #15408 on: October 29, 2020, 09:29:45 pm »
You know where you can stick that "assistance"?

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15409 on: October 29, 2020, 10:39:37 pm »
Nicole from the great state of New York - you are the victor in the 12 seller race. You weren't necessarily the closest in proximity, but you were however the most eager of all to provide a tracking number, merely minutes after I made my purchase. Your excessive taping of a simple bubble mailer is formidable. Your goods are as described; an immaculate copy of Wreckless for the OG Xbox has found a caring new place to call home. I remember my friend having this game back in the day; crazy arcade-style driving mayhem.

Oh lord, I'm RAGE buying again. Which of these 12 eBay sellers will deliver my goods in the shortest order? Day 2 after the ragening, and all but 2 have marked as shipped. Which will use first-class? Which will opt for snail mail? Who will cheat the system with media mail? Who will over-pack, and who will under-pack? Any pleasant, or nasty surprises? A matter of time and we shall see.

Why are you buying 12 copies of Rage for? Did it come out for 12 different systems? It's an 11-year old game and wasn't well received. Maybe you're getting Rage 1 AND 2?  :P

My poor attempt at humor aside, I'm kinda curious as to what rage buying entails. Are you angry at something and in order to deflate that anger you go on a buying spree? I'm plenty familiar with sprees which is why I try to stay off ebay and Amazon but I still have local places like GS/HPB to drain my wallet with.  :-*

I'm kinda curious as to what items made the cut for you to pull the trigger and purchase them.  8)

For me it's a fit of resentful anger that despite collecting for over a decade, my wish-list continues to grow rather than shrink. So I fire off a bunch of torpedoes at the sucker all at once, in hopes of making noticeable dent.... as opposed to the careful, methodical process of picking up a game here and there. In addition to eBay, I also hit up my local game store and RAGE bought another stack of 5 choice games: Wipeout XL, Colony Wars, Fellony 11-79, Uprising X, and Future Cop: LAPD, all for the PS1. Everything in this rage session was either PS1, or OG Xbox.

I'll post up all of my grabs in the pickups thread, once everything is here. Think I still got one straggler not yet shipped! He only ships on Tuesdays with slight precipitation and northwesterly wind of about 6mph, whaddya gonna do?

pzeke

« Reply #15410 on: October 29, 2020, 10:49:20 pm »
Moving on!

It sounds like a case of Retail Therapy. For sure, I get that. If it's not cured with video games, I cure it with new shoes.

A good nap is all I need to cure a fit of rage...that or blare some Five Finger Death Punch. "Break Stuff" from Limp Bizkit is surprisingly a good means of catharsis for me as well.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15411 on: October 30, 2020, 02:39:05 pm »
5 packages today, meaning that the rest are likely not first-class mail. Everyone did good today, a bubble mailer wrapped inside a box, bubble mailers with extra bubble wrap inside all but one, which was just standard bubble mailer, at least folder over then tapped. Jury still out in the remaining sellers, but given than I've already received a package traveling from Spokane all the way to the east coast... I'll remain skeptical of the late comer methodologies.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15412 on: November 01, 2020, 09:27:14 am »
Man, my stupid cat has been missing for days. They always do this when you let them enjoy the outside life. The last time he did this, I said I would going to be a tracking device on his collar so when he pulled it again and go straight to him and grab him by the scruff and drag him back home. But, I didn't. Now he's gone again for days, and I don't think he's coming back this time. :( If he does, the rest of his life will be spent with a tracking device on his neck.

« Reply #15413 on: November 02, 2020, 08:48:16 am »
Man, my stupid cat has been missing for days. They always do this when you let them enjoy the outside life. The last time he did this, I said I would going to be a tracking device on his collar so when he pulled it again and go straight to him and grab him by the scruff and drag him back home. But, I didn't. Now he's gone again for days, and I don't think he's coming back this time. :( If he does, the rest of his life will be spent with a tracking device on his neck.
One of our cats we would let outside, disappeared for the better part of a day and just wouldn't come back.  My wife being who she is, wouldn't let it go so we went out looking for it.  We found her hiding in the wooded area behind our home in a big pile of stuff our neighbor discarded back there (Old BBQ grills, destroyed trampolines, disassembled dog cages, etc).  She had absolutely no interest in coming home or anything, it was a huge ordeal.  We bought one of those trackers so we wouldn't have to do that again.  Only really tells you how far they are, and even that is only so accurate.  So it's like one of those hot or cold games. ::)  Of course, we don't let her out anymore after she brought home a bunny rabbit.

Anyway, hope your cat comes back.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15414 on: November 02, 2020, 10:06:52 am »
One of our cats we would let outside, disappeared for the better part of a day and just wouldn't come back.  My wife being who she is, wouldn't let it go so we went out looking for it.  We found her hiding in the wooded area behind our home in a big pile of stuff our neighbor discarded back there (Old BBQ grills, destroyed trampolines, disassembled dog cages, etc).  She had absolutely no interest in coming home or anything, it was a huge ordeal.  We bought one of those trackers so we wouldn't have to do that again.  Only really tells you how far they are, and even that is only so accurate.  So it's like one of those hot or cold games. ::)  Of course, we don't let her out anymore after she brought home a bunny rabbit.

Anyway, hope your cat comes back.

I've got a GPS tracking device that works with a Google maps app on my phone, but it's kinda big and bulky for a cat. It's always been really accurate as far as pinpointing, so I feel like I'd know exactly where he is right now if I'd put that on him. I'm probably gonna spend the day making some posters for the neighborhood. Most cats that go missing, simply become other people's cats or end up at the pound if not roadkilled. Didn't see him on any of the roads, so he's hanging out somewhere where he feels like it's too risky or not interesting enough to make the trek back. The thing is he's a bit of an unusual/pretty looking cat and friendly too, so I figure someone would want to keep him when he showed up at their house.

pzeke

« Reply #15415 on: November 03, 2020, 05:01:08 am »
For me it's a fit of resentful anger that despite collecting for over a decade, my wish-list continues to grow rather than shrink. So I fire off a bunch of torpedoes at the sucker all at once, in hopes of making noticeable dent.... as opposed to the careful, methodical process of picking up a game here and there.

Your lack of self-control has been established quite strenuously already around these parts, so no surprise.

If you're going to put yourself through the hassle that is owning a cat, then make sure to keep it inside your house. Contrary to popular belief, pet cats are best kept indoors. If your cat ever returns, make sure to keep it inside, and if you have a spare room in the house, doesn't matter how small, give it to the cat so that it can go there to play and relieve stress.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 06:06:30 pm by pzeke »

Warmsignal

« Reply #15416 on: November 03, 2020, 09:44:39 am »

Your lack of self-control has been established quite strenuously already around these parts, so no surprise.

Hold my beer while I go and shake down my local game store again. It's not a party until someone becomes financially insolvent!!!

doafan

Farwell Candy, our beloved daughter we will gonna miss you
« Reply #15417 on: November 04, 2020, 08:23:30 am »
Yesterday our little girl passed away in my arms, I was capable of doing nothing at the last moments of her life, she was 12 years old, really don't know if that's much time for a chihuahua but for me it isn't, she was sick the last weeks and it was under medical treatment as a matter o fact this past Monday she was ok, she was was playing with us and eating as much as she was able under the table, she loved to be there because everybody always shared some food with her.

She started to have some trouble to breath so I took her to the vet, she loved to go in the car, no matter where I took her she was always happy, didn't knew that it was to be her last ride, as soon as we arrived the doctor gave me bad news, during the medical check she peed herself and started to scream at my arms, didn't knew it but she had a heart attack, the vet was able to bring her back to life but it told me that because of her condition there was nothing to do, immediately sent a message to my wife and when I was asking the vet for more options she had a second hard attack, at that moment the vet told me that she would try everything to bring her back to life again and that I need to say goodbye to my little girl

As soon as she was able to breath again I told her how much we loved her, that she was a blessing from God, never left her alone until her last breath, at my knees and crying I claimed God for taking away the life of our first daughter, never saw her as a pet/dog but as another member of the family, got two kids, a little girl of 10 years and a little boy of 2, my wife and I had a hard time with the kid because her pregnancy was high risk at the point that she had to be in bed for almost all the months and Candy was always taking care of her, I'll always gonna thank her for being in the most hard time of our lifes, specially in that one, my wife always felt better just by knowing that she was never alone.

After the birth of my kids and as soon as we arrived home from the hospital the first thing that I did was to introduce the babies to Candy and told her in both times that they were her little sister/brother and that she had to help us to take care of them, she loved them so much and we loved her as well, now I really don't know how our lifes will gonna be without her, everything reminds me of her but I know that life must continue and that she wouldn't like to see us sad.

God bless you my little girl, God maybe took you away from us but you will never be forgotten and this will be always your home, you will be always our girl and you will be always our first daughter.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 08:25:27 am by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

pzeke

« Reply #15418 on: November 04, 2020, 09:09:48 am »
Man, I am very sorry to read that; I'm not a dog person, but I can certainly understand the responsibility and the emotions that entail owning a pet, so my sincere condolences. I can personally relate since I quite recently lost a kitten myself—she seemed to be in good health, extremely playful, then all of a sudden one day she collapsed and eventually died.

My condolences once again, and take refuge in the good times you and your family had with her. Cherish those memories.

kashell

« Reply #15419 on: November 04, 2020, 09:34:48 am »
So sorry to hear that doafan. You gave her an amazing life.