Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1599236 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1575 on: February 11, 2014, 03:50:22 pm »
As you know - I'm pretty much limited to what genres I am physically *able* to play, too.

Oh I know.

All of that aside - you can chalk the rest up to laziness, already having more games than I'll be able to play in a lifetime (*unless* I get an "Extra Life":) -and- the fact that up until a year or 2 ago...my Internet service was so terrible (I *Literally* had to leave my PS3 on for 48-72 hours to download Record of Agarest War from PSN); that it took sooo loooong to download anything/everything that it just = too much of a hassle & a turn-off.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #1576 on: February 11, 2014, 04:11:14 pm »
I'm not sure about a NNID being different as club Nintendo but its different for the Wii U and the 3DS. I emailed them about it and everything and they made it very clear I had to access the net from my gamepad and create some Nintendo ID which I then log in to club nintendo and it registers my 160 points.  It's impossible to do without connecting to the internet via gamepad.
I can definitely confirm you need to use the Wii U itself for the Nintendo ID (which is the NNID I keep refering too.) I had to do that on my 3DS to be able to use the online store. Also, it used to be that your NNID was different between 3DS and Wii U, but they've since changed that. You can use the same NNID for both.

That being said, I created my NNID after i created my club nintendo account and registered my 3DS with Club Nintendo. All I really did was link my NNID to my Club Nintendo account. They're completely different log in information so I know they're separate.

If nothing else, you should go to club.nintendo.com, create an account and register your games. They can give you coins too. While you're there, you might as well try to register your Wii U serial #.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1577 on: February 11, 2014, 04:17:25 pm »

All of that aside - you can chalk the rest up to laziness, already having more games than I'll be able to play in a lifetime (*unless* I get an "Extra Life":) -and- the fact that up until a year or 2 ago...my Internet service was so terrible (I *Literally* had to leave my PS3 on for 48-72 hours to download Record of Agarest War from PSN); that it took sooo loooong to download anything/everything that it just = too much of a hassle & a turn-off.

Some of that has to do with the way the PS3 works on your network too. My Xbox is blazing fast for downloads and connectivity, but my PS3 is terrible! Other people I know say their PS3 is super fast for downloads.

I have yet to try it, but I heard that you if you hardwire your PS3 in to your network you get much better results. My router is upstairs and my PS3 is downstairs, but I just recently ran a drop of cable through the wall. Hopefully I'll get it connected soon.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1578 on: February 11, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »
Well, I just wrote to Nintendo to ask what the hell I should do. I'll try real hard to make this simple:

My parents bought a Wii U at launch. I created an NNID on it, but NNIDs are linked to the console. I moved with my boyfriend, we got our own Wii U, I'm stuck and can't access the games I bought on my parents' console. I called customer support last summer and asked for an NNID transfer, they said there would eventually be an application to make transfers easy in the future. I left it at that.

Now, I really want to play the Bravery Default demo with the bonus stuff, and of course use the Pokébank too, but now it's mandatory to have an NNID on the 3DS to download from the e-shop. I would link my existing NNID, but if I can never access it again on Wii U, it would suck if I had different NNIDs on my 3DS and Wii U. But at the same time, I don't really want to create a new NNID (and hence a new username, ugh...), start over all my Miiverse posts, and never have my games again (virtual console only, but still...).

So I just wrote them all this, asking what I should do now. I really hope they will answer soon, and with an answer that will let me keep my old stuff... Let's see how it goes.  :-\
From what I know, you've done the right thing so far. It sounds like you haven't made a new NNID on your personal Wii U, so that's good. From what I've seen and read, there is a way to transfer NNIDs between two Wii Us. If they haven't created a transfer utility yet, it looks like you can do a system format on the original Wii U and that'll release the NNID from the original, which you can then use on the new Wii U.

As for the 3DS, you can use the same NNID for Wii U and 3DS no problem. I'm sure others can confirm this as well.

For the transfer, you may want to wait to hear back from Nintendo if you don't feel comfortable with the system format.

I'm sorry to hear about that Karyann.  I unfortunately cannot relate because I do not any virtual or digital games.  The only problem I have with my Wii U is I cannot register my Wii U system to get Club Nintendo points because I dont have internet and its too much of a hassle to bring this somewhere else to connect and you have to connect to the net directly from the gamepad to create a Nintendo ID to get points.  I use my laptop to connect to the net buts its not my internet!  :-X 

Please keep us updated on the Nintendo issue because I'm kind of curious to the end resolution
I may be wrong about registering the Wii U, but club Nintendo and the NNID are separate things. To register my 3DS, I created a club nintendo account on their website, then input the serial number. I would think the process is the same for adding a Wii U. Then you'd get coins for the system!

The reason you can tie a NNID to your club Nintendo account is so when you buy digital games, they automatically register it for you, thus giving you coins. It's true you can only create a NNID through the Wii U or 3DS, but club Nintendo can be done all online.

I'm not sure about a NNID being different as club Nintendo but its different for the Wii U and the 3DS. I emailed them about it and everything and they made it very clear I had to access the net from my gamepad and create some Nintendo ID which I then log in to club nintendo and it registers my 160 points.  It's impossible to do without connecting to the internet via gamepad.

Aren't they connected? I get Club Nintendo points when I digitally download some titles automatically, without entering anything in the Club Nintendo website.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1579 on: February 11, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »
Wait. You get special stuff for playing the Bravely Default demo?
Nothing you can't live without, but yes.

GAMEPLAY REWARDS

Played demo version:

Antidote x2
Eye Drops x2
Echo Herbs x2

Norende Fully Restored: (Upgrade all buildings to level 3)

Bronze Bangle x1
Phoenix Down x2

MINI-BOSS REWARDS

Melusine Defeated:

Potion x3
Hi-Potion x1

Adamantite Shell Defeated:

Rod x1
Ether x1

Minotaur Defeated:

Staff x1
Ether x1

BOSS REWARDS:

Dragon Defeated:

Bronze Helm x1
Leather Armor x1

Automaton Defeated:

Broadsword x1
Buckler x1

VILLAGER BONUS

You can transfer villagers gained (both given and streetpassed) to the full version of the game. However, only 20 villagers can be transferred.

Is Bravely Default set in the Dragon Warrior/Quest universe? Because a lot of those items sound very similar to items in that series.

bobster

« Reply #1580 on: February 11, 2014, 04:45:04 pm »
Aren't they connected? I get Club Nintendo points when I digitally download some titles automatically, without entering anything in the Club Nintendo website.
You CAN connect them, but don't have to like 90sNostalga would be doing. I know when I set up my 3DS I created my NNID through it, then it asked me if I wanted to log into my Club Nintendo account with it and link the two. I did this about a month ago so it's still fresh in my head lol.

Just remember that you can register physical games with Club Nintendo. No 3DS or Wii U system needed in order to do that.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

htimreimer

« Reply #1581 on: February 11, 2014, 04:52:03 pm »
i tried playing law & order legacies and i'm done with it because this is not a video game, it annoying episode law & order that makes you press a button every few seconds to get to the next scene and if you don't press the right button, it slaps you on the hand
the most "game" like thing in legacies is a find an object game but those don't happen all too often

scott

« Reply #1582 on: February 11, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »

Some of that has to do with the way the PS3 works on your network too. My Xbox is blazing fast for downloads and connectivity, but my PS3 is terrible! Other people I know say their PS3 is super fast for downloads.

I have yet to try it, but I heard that you if you hardwire your PS3 in to your network you get much better results. My router is upstairs and my PS3 is downstairs, but I just recently ran a drop of cable through the wall. Hopefully I'll get it connected soon.

My old place's internet SUCKED with the PS3, but I never had any problems with my 360. It always seemed like the PS3's network and downloading was horrible (which lead me to tout Xbox Live as vastly superior). But at my new place, the PS3 performs like a champ.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #1583 on: February 11, 2014, 04:57:41 pm »
Bravely Default isnt connected to DQ other than Squenix is the company that makes them both currently.

foxhack

« Reply #1584 on: February 11, 2014, 05:18:11 pm »
i tried playing law & order legacies and i'm done with it because this is not a video game, it annoying episode law & order that makes you press a button every few seconds to get to the next scene and if you don't press the right button, it slaps you on the hand
the most "game" like thing in legacies is a find an object game but those don't happen all too often
It's a Telltale Games uh, "game". They haven't made a real adventure game in a very long time. But at least I liked the stupid joke about the internets and FTPs with the script kiddie early in the first case. (Speaking of, I need to get back to it.)

Since this isn't a gaming find... I found a relative at the flea market today.

http://foxhack.tumblr.com/post/76361280847/today-i-was-looking-for-stuff-for-the-shop-when-i

Yeah...

htimreimer

« Reply #1585 on: February 11, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »
It's a Telltale Games uh, "game". They haven't made a real adventure game in a very long time. But at least I liked the stupid joke about the internets and FTPs with the script kiddie early in the first case. (Speaking of, I need to get back to it.)

Since this isn't a gaming find... I found a relative at the flea market today.

http://foxhack.tumblr.com/post/76361280847/today-i-was-looking-for-stuff-for-the-shop-when-i

Yeah...
so... that how all modern telltale games are like, why are these things getting praised for having vary little gameplay?

karyann

« Reply #1586 on: February 11, 2014, 06:40:02 pm »
From what I know, you've done the right thing so far. It sounds like you haven't made a new NNID on your personal Wii U, so that's good. From what I've seen and read, there is a way to transfer NNIDs between two Wii Us. If they haven't created a transfer utility yet, it looks like you can do a system format on the original Wii U and that'll release the NNID from the original, which you can then use on the new Wii U.

As for the 3DS, you can use the same NNID for Wii U and 3DS no problem. I'm sure others can confirm this as well.

For the transfer, you may want to wait to hear back from Nintendo if you don't feel comfortable with the system format.

EDIT: Added numbers to each Wii U for understandability

Actually, formatting the system does not release the NNID. I know because my parents' Wii U(1) bricked, and when we sent it for repair, they sent a brand new one(Wii U 2). I called and they released both our NNIDs (my brother and mine), and my brother has not linked his NNID to anything yet. I tried linking his NNID to my new console (Wii U 3), but it won't let me - I guess when I called and they released our NNID, they actually re-linked it to the new unit's(Wii U 2) code, because they asked for it. And I also know for a fact that they CAN transfer an NNID (since they did it for the broken console), but it seems like it's a terribly tedious task (it took the representative a whole day on my case to be able to transfer it. She worked really hard and had to call me back a few times).

And yeah, I know that you're supposed to use the same NNID for 3DS and Wii U; that's why I don't want to link my 3DS until I'm 100% sure if I can keep my old account or not :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:51:36 pm by karyann »

karyann

« Reply #1587 on: February 11, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »
Karyann - I had a friend that had a similar issue happen and they just kept calling and complaining until Nintendo gave them credit on their new account. It wasn't the full amount of what they lost, but they received quite a bit of credit for the Nintendo Store.

This was before Nintendo announced (a week a go or so) that they were going to be implementing a new system to use your Nintendo ID across platforms and make it easier to use. So maybe they have been directed now not to help customers until the new system is rolled out.

I only bought the NES/SNES games that were each released for a month at 0,25$ a piece, but they go for 8-10$ right now? So money is not my concern here, as I would lose ~3$. But I'd like to still be able to play these games, without having to pay $10 each. I already should be able to use them, since I already paid for them  :-\

From what I've heard, the new online system will be only for the next generation of consoles, since the current consoles (from what they say) weren't made to work like this. But I sure hope that they will transfer my NNID.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1588 on: February 12, 2014, 08:47:26 pm »
I'm just gonna stick this completely random, and awesome 80s comic book ad I saw on Facebook right here:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1589 on: February 12, 2014, 09:51:32 pm »
The 80's were a special time.