Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1560395 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3120 on: August 05, 2014, 09:49:08 pm »
I started playing Sonic Heroes on PS2 today and my goodness does it suck bad... Makes Sonic 06 look like a masterpiece.

maximo310

« Reply #3121 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:40 pm »
I started playing Sonic Heroes on PS2 today and my goodness does it suck bad... Makes Sonic 06 look like a masterpiece.
Yeah, that version of Sonic Heroes is the worst out of all 3 platforms, mostly because of weaker graphics+ graphics issues, and lower framerate. However, even the main game is a big chore since there is no variety to stages depending what team you pick, the only things that change are length, and objectives for team chaotix, and getting to the final story may take a while so good luck on that.

abe

« Reply #3122 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:47 pm »

That's saying a lot. :o What makes it that bad? Does it have horrendous load times like Sonic 06?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3123 on: August 05, 2014, 10:07:48 pm »

That's saying a lot. :o What makes it that bad? Does it have horrendous load times like Sonic 06?

From what I could tell, the load times actually aren't that bad... however it all started on the main menu when it took about 5 minutes to figure out that "X" is the back button and "O" is the accept button (makes sense, right?). Once I figured that out, I got to the actual game only to find out that it controls about as well as a 1983 ford fiesta with 2 wheels... I didn't play that much of it, but what I did play was laughably bad. I plan to play through it though. I have a sort of weird attachment to the shitty 3D Sonic games.

abe

« Reply #3124 on: August 05, 2014, 10:24:02 pm »

From what I could tell, the load times actually aren't that bad... however it all started on the main menu when it took about 5 minutes to figure out that "X" is the back button and "O" is the accept button (makes sense, right?). Once I figured that out, I got to the actual game only to find out that it controls about as well as a 1983 ford fiesta with 2 wheels... I didn't play that much of it, but what I did play was laughably bad. I plan to play through it though. I have a sort of weird attachment to the shitty 3D Sonic games.

That's the way it is in Japan, but it's really weird when a game keeps that control scheme for a North American release. I wonder what they were thinking... I guess they probably weren't thinking. :P

jcalder8

« Reply #3125 on: August 05, 2014, 10:26:30 pm »
I just did my first stream on Twitch today, I loved it. I only had a couple of viewers but it was still fun :D I'm going to have to keep doing this.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3126 on: August 05, 2014, 10:31:51 pm »
yeah, it would be fine if it had a little "X accept" "O back" at the bottom of the screen or something. And it sucks because when you hit back on the first screen of the main menu, it not only goes back but it brings up the developer/publisher/sound team screens as well for some reason and you can't skip them. and I did this a few times because when I first hit "X" i just thought I had the wrong thing highlighted so I kept hitting it on different options... I finally figured it out lol. As for what they were thinking, as far as I can tell, Sonic Team hasn't done that much thinking in a very long time.

scott

« Reply #3127 on: August 05, 2014, 10:44:33 pm »
I had that problem with Metal Gear Solid. Took me awhile but I got used to it.

I'm having an issue with Beyond good and evil right now. The back button is Triangle for some reason.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3128 on: August 05, 2014, 10:57:48 pm »
I feel like early era PS2 had a lot of games with triangle as the back button. at least a lot of the games I had did.

foxhack

« Reply #3129 on: August 05, 2014, 11:42:41 pm »
I feel like early era PS2 had a lot of games with triangle as the back button. at least a lot of the games I had did.
It's not Japan's fault that Americans got them both backwards. ;D

kashell

« Reply #3130 on: August 06, 2014, 01:38:04 pm »
Just got a shit ton of fighting game anthology collections on PS2... determined to get better at fighting games.

Are you a Guilty Gear fan? I have Accent Core on the PS3 and would love to get back into it since it's my favorite fighting series.

I'm obviously not who your question was directed at, but... Guilty Gear is awesome! Are you looking forward to getting Guilty Gear Xrd?

I can't wait for Xrd. When I learned my main, Venom, was in the cast I knew that it would be a day one purchase for me. Are you also going to get it? Also, if you have Accent Core Plus on the PS3, I'd love to play a few matches.

@Bwigdahl: If you're relatively new to fighting games, I would say proceed with caution if you want to try out GG. It is a fantastic franchise, but there is a steep learning curve and it can be very frustrating. That said, dustloop.com has fabulous hints, tips, tricks, moves and things like that to get you going. I learned so much from that website.

90snostalga

« Reply #3131 on: August 06, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »
@Fox,on that DVD site you referred me too, I can't find tv series box sets on there. Do you know if you can add those to your collection?

foxhack

« Reply #3132 on: August 06, 2014, 06:17:48 pm »
@Fox,on that DVD site you referred me too, I can't find tv series box sets on there. Do you know if you can add those to your collection?

Uh... what are you looking for? I just searched for a few things and they showed up. And yes, they can be added. It's a pain in the ass to add stuff but they can be added.

abe

« Reply #3133 on: August 06, 2014, 11:06:52 pm »
Just got a shit ton of fighting game anthology collections on PS2... determined to get better at fighting games.

Are you a Guilty Gear fan? I have Accent Core on the PS3 and would love to get back into it since it's my favorite fighting series.

I'm obviously not who your question was directed at, but... Guilty Gear is awesome! Are you looking forward to getting Guilty Gear Xrd?

I can't wait for Xrd. When I learned my main, Venom, was in the cast I knew that it would be a day one purchase for me. Are you also going to get it? Also, if you have Accent Core Plus on the PS3, I'd love to play a few matches.

I only have Accent Core Plus on the Wii unfortunately, I'm still pretty new to it as well. I've loved what I have played so far, it's definitely my favorite 2D fighting game series now. I plan on preordering one of the versions of Xrd. I'm not sure if I'll have a PS4 by the time it gets released or not, so I can't decide if I want to get the PS3 version first or PS4 version.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3134 on: August 07, 2014, 10:33:38 am »
So...

...has anyone else here ever read "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: UnBeliever"?

The series has done something that I would have thought impossible - it's surpassed both the "Dark Tower" and the "Song of Ice & Fire" series to become my new favorite.

Right now, I'm ~3/4 of the way through book #9 (of 10)...and - for the 1st time in a long time - I'm really gripped & immersed in something that I'm reading; I can't read it fast enough to see what happens next while, at the same time, I'm dreading knowing that there's only one book left & that it's almost over.

I'm *really* lucky to have started reading it in the last year, because...iirc, the 1st book came out in the late 70's/early 80's and the last one wasn't finished until 2013.

A strong, strong, strong recommendation to any big fantasy fans/people who've read & enjoyed GRRM's books.

Hahaha!

It's easy to see that GRRM gave Stephen Donaldson the highest form of flattery; imitation!   ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"