Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1551526 times)

argyle

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4425 on: November 09, 2014, 10:39:49 pm »
MJR makes some really good vids. He did an overview of different game catalog sites and I didn't think his take on vgcollect was that bad - he did mention something that was a valid complaint (that has since been remedied), the fact that you used to have to use the exact punctuation that was used when the game was entered when searching. Anyway, he has some great "hidden gem" videos, especially for the DS and Wii. I highly recommend those. :)
I'd reccomend most of his hidden gem videos, especially for the 6th generation and 7th generation consoles since they're usually multiple parts of 10+ minutes each with good description about these games and why the viewer should purchase the game for that specific platforms, and in addition many of the games he talks about were games I had never heard of before and really helped me out with my collection for those systems!

I don't know him personally but, I've always thought that this guy named "Racketboy"'s done a great job w/ hidden gems, obscure, and rare games.

Nothing game-crashing in the 1st AT game, Greg.

To optimize your playthrough/see all endings & events in the most efficient way, I'd say to only check a FAQ to find out the ending flags, points of no returns, when & where to make your different save files...to reload from and, possibly one for talk topics & diving too.

You'll be meeting at least 4 of the playable characters in Cross Edge in this game so, get to know them & enjoy the awesome music that makes up this game's OST...it's amazing!  ;D

Awesome - I played a little over 2 hours of it tonight and I really like it so far. Just what I was in the mood for. :) I'm glad I was finally able to track down a copy, and it's even cooler to know that it's helping prepare me for Cross Edge. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #4426 on: November 10, 2014, 08:09:27 am »
The first Ar tonelico is excellent. It's a bit on the easy side, but I think you'll really enjoy it. You can tell the developers wanted to have something creative in their final product; when I first played it was like nothing I ever played before.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4427 on: November 10, 2014, 08:29:09 am »
Applekraut? Yeah, she makes some fantastic guides. I'm sure at some point there will be an official platinum walkthrough courtesy of her.

Applekraut!

That's the one   ;D

Since most of the games that I play already have FAQs by the time I play them...I haven't been going to that site very often for several years now.  I guess the last game that I played pre-guide was the 1st HDN game on the PS3 -and- I 'won' their badge for being one of the 1st 5 NA players to plat it!  AFAIK, that's the only time/game I've ever done so  8)

Back to Applekraut, though - I've never seen her to be anything other than considerate & helpful and, as you say, every guide that I've ever seen her name attached to...has been top notch work.

If anyone here is planning on playing Tears to Tiara 2, and is the enterprising sort...if you write a FAQ for it on G*FAQs - I've seen that they're offering a $40 "FAQ Bounty" for one.

I couldn't help but think of you & smile, Kash - when we got home & Carrie played the messages yesterday...and I got GS' reminder message that it will be there Tues. morning for pickup  :P

Glad to hear that you're liking AT 1 Greg, have you done any Diving yet?

Innuendos & double-entendres aside - I still really like the originality & way that that system's implemented...while there's changes in combat in all 3 games, Diving's a pretty unchanging staple.  It even carried into Ar nosurge; they can change its name to whatever they like, it's still diving.

And, yep - Lyner & the Reyvateils are all playabe characters in Cross Edge so, pay attention to their, quirks + personality traits, so you can better recognize & appreciate them when you do get around to playing Cross Edge  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:00:03 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #4428 on: November 10, 2014, 09:43:57 am »
Did my first dive last night in fact, and it was really cool. Stayed up past midnight playing it - the mark of a really good RPG. ;)

BTW, you mentioned the music earlier and it IS really good, but - the boss song where the guy suddenly breaks out rapping cracked me up. :P Reminded me a little of the dorm song in Persona 3 - "Make sure you don't hurt nobody!". ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #4429 on: November 10, 2014, 09:50:20 am »
You guys that actually get to game make me sad. :(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4430 on: November 10, 2014, 10:07:33 am »
You guys that actually get to game make me sad. :(

Working for the man holds you down. 

I know the feeling, man.  I don't get to play much all summer long, but then the winter comes.  Work slows down, and the games fire up. 

Just wait until the first of the year.  The pizza business will slow down when folks make New Years resolutions.  January is tough on restaurants and good for gyms.   

kashell

« Reply #4431 on: November 10, 2014, 11:36:41 am »
I make time to play games. If I buy it, it's going to get played one way or another.

foxhack

« Reply #4432 on: November 10, 2014, 11:41:54 am »
Heads up, I'm gonna be gone for a few days because an asshole bus driver tore down our phone lines and I have no internet access at home. So sorry, I won't be ignoring people on purpose. :(

kashell

« Reply #4433 on: November 10, 2014, 03:04:54 pm »
Anyone here know what comes with a new copy of Secret of Mana? Like, a map or monster guide?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4434 on: November 10, 2014, 03:25:37 pm »
Anyone here know what comes with a new copy of Secret of Mana? Like, a map or monster guide?

It's a "secret"   :P

Yay-2-da-K  ;D

My friend soera is finally playing him some Cross Edge!

Rock on, brother Brad  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:44:21 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #4435 on: November 11, 2014, 12:36:20 am »

It's a "secret"   :P

Yay-2-da-K  ;D

My friend soera is finally playing him some Cross Edge!

Rock on, brother Brad  ;)

:D

kashell

« Reply #4436 on: November 11, 2014, 09:55:42 am »
Happy Tales of Hearts Day, everyone!

I would say "Happy Veterans Day" but I think they deserver more than just a day.

karyann

« Reply #4437 on: November 11, 2014, 11:15:08 am »
Today is also my Vgcollect forum 1-year anniversary! That's right, my first post was exactly one year ago. It took me a while before I decided to post, but I'm really glad I did! This is the forum where I've been active for the longest time in my internet life, and I'm not about to leave. Thanks everyone for making this the awesome place where I keep coming back to :)

soera

« Reply #4438 on: November 11, 2014, 11:22:38 am »
Today is also my Vgcollect forum 1-year anniversary! That's right, my first post was exactly one year ago. It took me a while before I decided to post, but I'm really glad I did! This is the forum where I've been active for the longest time in my internet life, and I'm not about to leave. Thanks everyone for making this the awesome place where I keep coming back to :)

You are definitely a great member of my cult. We appreciate your service!  8) :P

karyann

« Reply #4439 on: November 11, 2014, 11:31:24 am »

You are definitely a great member of my cult. We appreciate your service!  8) :P

I will continue to serve The Soera.