Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1536288 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4575 on: November 16, 2014, 11:34:00 am »
kimi, I have been here for quite some time and you still haven't dropped in to say hello! I am hurt!

Hope you've been well! RPG:EE isn't the same sans you.

Thanks for the information everyoneargyle! I'm going to try doing that in the future. I always wanted to see all of the gear that could used to destroy the game aside from the Chrysagrim (sp).

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4576 on: November 16, 2014, 01:45:54 pm »
Rant: I hate having a truck sometimes. People always thinking just because I have a truck, I wanna move their shit.

Yesterday I helped a really good friend a dinning room table, chairs and a couch.... Took two trips. Now I have a friend just call me asking if I can bring my truck so I can pick up a couch for him.....

I kindly said no, that I played moving man yesterday and don't feel like doing it today again.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4577 on: November 16, 2014, 02:11:04 pm »
Rant: I hate having a truck sometimes. People always thinking just because I have a truck, I wanna move their shit.

Yesterday I helped a really good friend a dinning room table, chairs and a couch.... Took two trips. Now I have a friend just call me asking if I can bring my truck so I can pick up a couch for him.....

I kindly said no, that I played moving man yesterday and don't feel like doing it today again.

yeah, *friends* don't & won't take advantage of and/or try to capitalize on your help, generosity, and goodwill; which, it sounds like is the case here.

nuthin' wrong with helping or asking friends for help now & then -but- taking advantage of others is never a good thing  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4578 on: November 16, 2014, 03:44:54 pm »
So has anyone here played Nox on PC? I'm interested, but I'm not quite sure it's for me or not.

I'm hearing it's a lot like Diablo II. But I'm also hearing it's really barely an RPG at all, and is more of an action game that just resembles Diablo II on the surface. I was in the mood for a good CRPG. You know, lots of clicking of the mouse, lots of loot to find, stats to upgrade and keep track of, and spells to learn. If Nox is like that, I'm all in. But if it's not, I'm not sure I want it.

Thanks for any help!

And while I'm at it, does anyone know of a good hack-n-slash action game similar to Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 that isn't punishingly hard? I was REALLY enjoying that game until I got to boss that I had no hope of ever beating no matter how hard I tried. I want something with fluid smooth controls like that game, and just a lot of bloody, violent fun.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:47:42 pm by burningdoom »

tpugmire

« Reply #4579 on: November 16, 2014, 03:52:16 pm »
Put a shell on your truck. Nobody will ask you to help move big stuff. That's what I did anyway, worked like a charm.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4580 on: November 16, 2014, 04:08:05 pm »
Put a shell on your truck. Nobody will ask you to help move big stuff. That's what I did anyway, worked like a charm.

I had one and still happened a lot but  i got tired of it and got rid of it haha.

Edit:
Also, here was from my camping trip last weekend from my other forum. Start around post 1718. And you can scroll through the pictures. the post arent really important.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=953322&page=35
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:24:15 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #4581 on: November 16, 2014, 09:59:59 pm »
And while I'm at it, does anyone know of a good hack-n-slash action game similar to Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 that isn't punishingly hard? I was REALLY enjoying that game until I got to boss that I had no hope of ever beating no matter how hard I tried. I want something with fluid smooth controls like that game, and just a lot of bloody, violent fun.

Devil May Cry 4 / DMC
Ninja Blade (I never finished this one, but what I played was good and I know it's pretty cheap these days)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Bayonetta
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (probably my personal favorite pure hack 'n slash game of that gen)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #4582 on: November 17, 2014, 01:00:58 am »
So, question time for those of you who are import-savvy!

It's gotta be common knowledge by now that I've been playing + loving Tears to Tiara 2 lately.

I've now also fallen in love w/ the game's music too.

I've imported < 5 times in my life, and even those times were just buying from JP sellers on Amazon.

Amazon doesn't seem to have any listings for Tears to Tiara 2's OST.  In fact, I could only 'find' it on one site and, even there, it's "back-ordered"; hence my questions:

- Firstly, anyone know of other places to find/buy this?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-CD2-16460&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dtiara+tears%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

- Anyone ever heard of, dealt with, and/or know anything about the reputation of a site called "AmiAmi"?  If so, ever "back-ordered" any items not currently in stock from them?

Lmao, I should have read this before I linked the item above. I use Amiami exclusively for my import DQ stuff. They are awesome.

- And lastly - how much would 3,240 yen cost me in dollars; if, that is, they'll even accept American orders & money?

I consider 1 yen = 1 cent.

Thanks!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4583 on: November 17, 2014, 10:49:10 am »
cleared stage #25 in Tears to Tiara 2 (about 1/2 way).

seriously though, 2-3 stages ago seemed like where a 'standard' rpg story would be ending (with a complete & satisfying story having been told); so, it's so cool that 1/2 way through a game...story-wise I feel like I'm at the start of a story & can't imagine/wait to see where it goes next!

I still haven't been able to think of any other games that have triggered some sort of weird, damp, warm, and salty fluid leaking out of the corners of my eyes, either   :'(

kashell

« Reply #4584 on: November 17, 2014, 11:17:26 am »
That couldn't be the game. You probably just have dust allergies. ^^

argyle

« Reply #4585 on: November 17, 2014, 11:33:33 am »
cleared stage #25 in Tears to Tiara 2 (about 1/2 way).

seriously though, 2-3 stages ago seemed like where a 'standard' rpg story would be ending (with a complete & satisfying story having been told); so, it's so cool that 1/2 way through a game...story-wise I feel like I'm at the start of a story & can't imagine/wait to see where it goes next!

I still haven't been able to think of any other games that have triggered some sort of weird, damp, warm, and salty fluid leaking out of the corners of my eyes, either   :'(

What is this salty discharge?!? :P

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4586 on: November 17, 2014, 11:57:34 am »

An aberration...It *must* be  :o

Any games trigger similar anomalies in the rest of you - which ones?

argyle

« Reply #4587 on: November 17, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »

Final Fantasy has a good track record of that for me.  The ones that stand out are the space scene in FF8, the ending of FF9 & the ending of FFX. 

I may have also gotten something in my eyes once or twice while playing Ni no Kuni. ;)

kashell

« Reply #4588 on: November 17, 2014, 01:52:22 pm »
Nothing as extreme as dust particles, but the ending scenes in Baten Kaitos were really emotional. Such a damn good game.

davifus

« Reply #4589 on: November 17, 2014, 01:54:25 pm »

Final Fantasy has a good track record of that for me.  The ones that stand out are the space scene in FF8, the ending of FF9 & the ending of FFX. 

I may have also gotten something in my eyes once or twice while playing Ni no Kuni. ;)

FFX, Yes

Soooo gooooodddddd
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)