Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653271 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4860 on: November 29, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »
^ Look at you!

When did you go & sneak 2 platinums in there :o

They've been there for quite a while, about 2 years for my most recent one actually  :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4861 on: November 29, 2014, 09:19:32 pm »
So I went to Gamestop today to see if they could transfer their only copy of Cubivore from NY, but apparently shipping is too high for them to transfer the item cross-country. I looks like the only way to get this would be for me to personally go all the way to that store, or to find someone that could purchase it from that location and ship it my way I guess.

What city? I know a few people out in NY, if they are local, I will ask them if you can get it for you.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #4862 on: November 29, 2014, 09:37:12 pm »
So I went to Gamestop today to see if they could transfer their only copy of Cubivore from NY, but apparently shipping is too high for them to transfer the item cross-country. I looks like the only way to get this would be for me to personally go all the way to that store, or to find someone that could purchase it from that location and ship it my way I guess.

What city? I know a few people out in NY, if they are local, I will ask them if you can get it for you.
It's at this Gamestop store, which is located a bit north of New York City: Kohls S/C
517 Boston Post Rd
Port Chester, NY 10573
(914) 690-1580
The kicker I think for this thing was I even offered to pay for shipping for the transaction and they still wouldn't do it because technically they aren't supposed to have these games anymore, despite my interest. Let me know if one of your friends is able to pick up the game, I'd really appreciate it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4863 on: November 29, 2014, 09:43:56 pm »

It's at this Gamestop store, which is located a bit north of New York City: Kohls S/C
517 Boston Post Rd
Port Chester, NY 10573
(914) 690-1580
The kicker I think for this thing was I even offered to pay for shipping for the transaction and they still wouldn't do it because technically they aren't supposed to have these games anymore, despite my interest. Let me know if one of your friends is able to pick up the game, I'd really appreciate it.

Looks like both are too far, ones in Brooklyn and the other in Southern NY, I also checked with my NJ buddy, but he is far too.

Sorry I gave you hope :(

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #4864 on: November 29, 2014, 09:45:52 pm »

517 Boston Post Rd
Port Chester, NY 10573
(914) 690-1580

Looks like both are too far, ones in Brooklyn and the other in Southern NY, I also checked with my NJ buddy, but he is far too.

Ouch, I guess even the closest friend would have to travel about 30 miles to get there, so don't worry about it. I'll see if I can find someone else to pick it up for me.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4865 on: November 29, 2014, 09:49:29 pm »

517 Boston Post Rd
Port Chester, NY 10573
(914) 690-1580

Ouch, I guess even the closest friend would have to travel about 30 miles to get there, so don't worry about it. I'll see if I can find someone else to pick it up for me.

Ya that sucks, how much they charging? If it was in the Long Beach, California area, I would have gotten it for you.

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #4866 on: November 29, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »

517 Boston Post Rd
Port Chester, NY 10573
(914) 690-1580

Ya that sucks, how much they charging? If it was in the Long Beach, California area, I would have gotten it for you.
It's only $12.99 actually. That was the main reason I was looking for someone to pick it up because of the price alone is a great deal even for disk only.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4867 on: November 29, 2014, 09:54:03 pm »
I have some CD tradeposts here that have it listed on their website for 11.99, but no stores currently have it in stock. Don't hold your breath, but I frequent those stores quite a bit, and if I ever happen upon it I'll keep you in mind.

maximo310

« Reply #4868 on: November 29, 2014, 09:55:53 pm »
I have some CD tradeposts here that have it listed on their website for 11.99, but no stores currently have it in stock. Don't hold your breath, but I frequent those stores quite a bit, and if I ever happen upon it I'll keep you in mind.
Thanks for the info. I would appreciate it you happen to somehow find a copy at one of their stores.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4869 on: November 29, 2014, 09:58:53 pm »
they have quite a few rare games listed for cheap (especially from that generation), but I haven't had much luck ever actually finding them in the stores. They have Rule of Rose for PS2 listed for $17 but I doubt I'll ever get that lucky, lol.  But hey, you never know!

maximo310

« Reply #4870 on: November 29, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »
they have quite a few rare games listed for cheap (especially from that generation), but I haven't had much luck ever actually finding them in the stores. They have Rule of Rose for PS2 listed for $17 but I doubt I'll ever get that lucky, lol.  But hey, you never know!
I hope so too man! I just hate how Gamestop has all of this Gamecube stuff for cheap, but its all in NY, so I have no chance of getting unless I'm close to the area. It's really kind of a shame too, since some of their gamecube stock has some really good prices( in addition to expensive pricing on some games as well), but I just have to deal with their inventory in my area, which isn't very good for the moment.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4871 on: November 29, 2014, 10:10:22 pm »
I hope so too man! I just hate how Gamestop has all of this Gamecube stuff for cheap, but its all in NY, so I have no chance of getting unless I'm close to the area. It's really kind of a shame too, since some of their gamecube stock has some really good prices( in addition to expensive pricing on some games as well), but I just have to deal with their inventory in my area, which isn't very good for the moment.
Oh snaps you are in LA.... road trip to NY? haha

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #4872 on: November 29, 2014, 10:20:11 pm »
Oh snaps you are in LA.... road trip to NY? haha
I wish; I really want to visit New York since many of friends have visited there and keep telling me how great of a place it is, but my family doesn't really want to go on a trip there at the moment, so I'm stuck in LA. Plus, the amount of stuff that up for grabs there is a lot bigger than other parts of the country for games, so its pretty tempting to just take a break and go over there. I'll try some other Gamestops to see if anyone is willing to take up my cause, but it seems like a pretty slim chance at this point unless I can convince them to help.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4873 on: November 29, 2014, 10:24:04 pm »
Call bookoff in Lakewood CA, at the Lakewood Mall and see if they have it.

(562) 634-6000

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #4874 on: November 29, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »
Call bookoff in Lakewood CA, at the Lakewood Mall and see if they have it.

(562) 634-6000
I actually went there a few weeks ago, and they did have the japanese version of the game for $5, but since I don't have a working freeloader gc, I can't use it for the moment. I just need the us version for collection purposes, and to make it easier to play through, since it seems like a really cool game.