Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1535170 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7455 on: June 30, 2015, 08:18:01 am »
I've been on an Atelier kick lately, so I'm thrilled to not only see a new Atelier get announced, but I'm also excited to see that many of the games are super inexpensive to buy online. Even better, some of the better titles are on the import-friendly PSP. I'm psyched for some of the new goodies on the way.

« Reply #7456 on: June 30, 2015, 03:08:44 pm »
The transformer I bought arrived today and I'm pleased to announce that the Color TV-Game 15 actually works. Interesting machine. I'll have to do a video on it soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7457 on: June 30, 2015, 04:05:52 pm »
The transformer I bought arrived today and I'm pleased to announce that the Color TV-Game 15 actually works. Interesting machine. I'll have to do a video on it soon.

You're able to plug into your T.V. okay? I once tried to hook a Magnavox Odyssey into my T.V. and it had a connection cord I've never seen in my life. And I don't mean the same one as the Atari 2600 one, you can easily get a cheap adapter for that. Nor do I mean the forked screw-in ones. This was a weird one. I thought all 70s systems had that weird connection that no longer exists.

« Reply #7458 on: June 30, 2015, 04:57:56 pm »
It came with the two prong antenna switch box. It's partially damaged and I didn't really plan on using it anyways. I'm currently using a female RCA to male coax I had gotten for a 2600. They're cheap and work fine. As with other NTSC-J consoles I just have to tune to channel 95 on my TV set.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:59:43 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #7459 on: June 30, 2015, 09:13:38 pm »
holy crap. Chibi Robo for GC has gone through the roof. It was sitting in the 30 dollar range for some time but since the announcement of the new game its now selling 70-80! wtf? Is it really that good?

telly

« Reply #7460 on: June 30, 2015, 11:15:12 pm »
holy crap. Chibi Robo for GC has gone through the roof. It was sitting in the 30 dollar range for some time but since the announcement of the new game its now selling 70-80! wtf? Is it really that good?

And they did make a couple more Chibi Robo games after the original for the GC.. weird
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

maximo310

« Reply #7461 on: July 01, 2015, 12:21:49 am »

And they did make a couple more Chibi Robo games after the original for the GC.. weird
Actually, the Chibi Robo game for Gamecube is supposed to be a reboot of the series. The first three games, Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 for N64 and Custom Robo GX for the GBA are pretty decent-good games although those have only been released in Japan and China ( for the iQue).

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7462 on: July 01, 2015, 01:14:32 am »

Actually, the Chibi Robo game for Gamecube is supposed to be a reboot of the series. The first three games, Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 for N64 and Custom Robo GX for the GBA are pretty decent-good games although those have only been released in Japan and China ( for the iQue).

I think you got your games Mixed up there. being how Chibi-Robo and Custom Robo are complete;y different games.

kashell

« Reply #7463 on: July 01, 2015, 09:09:30 am »
Atelier Shallie has been platinum'd. It was excellent. Now the question is what to play next. I'm leaning heavily towards the copy of Eternal Darkness my brother let me borrow. It would be a nice change of pace from an RPG and can probably be finished in 10 hours or so since it's a survival-horror game. I'll be taking Atelier Annie on the road since I'm still craving more adorable item synthesis.

I really wish my copy of Atelier Judie would arrive by Thursday, but what can you do? XD

karyann

« Reply #7464 on: July 01, 2015, 11:05:05 am »
Atelier Shallie has been platinum'd. It was excellent. Now the question is what to play next. I'm leaning heavily towards the copy of Eternal Darkness my brother let me borrow. It would be a nice change of pace from an RPG and can probably be finished in 10 hours or so since it's a survival-horror game. I'll be taking Atelier Annie on the road since I'm still craving more adorable item synthesis.

I really wish my copy of Atelier Judie would arrive by Thursday, but what can you do? XD

Are Atelier games really long / hard to platinum? I've never played any "real" Atelier yet (only Mana Khemia, which I absolutely loved) and they appeal to me a lot, but I'm on a "completing games" kind of mood recently and I'm wondering if it's a nice challenge or an awful one  :-\

kashell

« Reply #7465 on: July 01, 2015, 11:18:28 am »
Are Atelier games really long / hard to platinum? I've never played any "real" Atelier yet (only Mana Khemia, which I absolutely loved) and they appeal to me a lot, but I'm on a "completing games" kind of mood recently and I'm wondering if it's a nice challenge or an awful one  :-\

I think it depends on which game you select. If you are looking for something like Mana Khemia (great game, btw. You have excellent taste. But you already knew that. I’ll close the parentheses now) then there’s the sequel and/or the three Atelier Iris titles: Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny and Atelier Iris 3: The Grand Phantasm. I haven’t tried Mana Khemia 2 yet, but the three AIs are relatively easy to complete fully. AI2 happens to be one of my top ten games of all time, so I always recommend that one even though it will have more meaning if you play it after the first.

The only one that would take the longest to complete would be Eternal Mana since there are (IIRC) 400 items to create. You need to make all of them to unlock the extras. Grand Phantasm has more than one ending, but it's easy to see them all with proper saves.

Now, the traditional Ateliers are a different beast since all of them (except Shallie) have a time limit. To earn their platinum trophies, it means you need to see all of the character events, all of the endings, defeat certain bosses and get your levels to a certain number. Throw in some other random events and that's the basic formula.

The original Atelier Rorona is the most difficult to fully complete unless you keep a guide handy. The general trend is that they get progressively easier as they get released. So Totori is easier than Rorona, Meruru is easier than Totori, Ayesha is easier than Meruru and so on. You could jump around, but I recommend playing them in order.

If you want to get a small sample of what you’d be getting into regarding the traditional Ateliers, you could always check out Atelier Annie for the DS. It has the elements of a traditional Atelier, but the difficulty isn’t as strict as Rorona or Totori.
Does that help? I tend to ramble when this series gets brought up because I <3 it so much.

karyann

« Reply #7466 on: July 01, 2015, 11:33:50 am »

I think it depends on which game you select. If you are looking for something like Mana Khemia (great game, btw. You have excellent taste. But you already knew that. I’ll close the parentheses now) then there’s the sequel and/or the three Atelier Iris titles: Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny and Atelier Iris 3: The Grand Phantasm. I haven’t tried Mana Khemia 2 yet, but the three AIs are relatively easy to complete fully. AI2 happens to be one of my top ten games of all time, so I always recommend that one even though it will have more meaning if you play it after the first.

The only one that would take the longest to complete would be Eternal Mana since there are (IIRC) 400 items to create. You need to make all of them to unlock the extras. Grand Phantasm has more than one ending, but it's easy to see them all with proper saves.

Now, the traditional Ateliers are a different beast since all of them (except Shallie) have a time limit. To earn their platinum trophies, it means you need to see all of the character events, all of the endings, defeat certain bosses and get your levels to a certain number. Throw in some other random events and that's the basic formula.

The original Atelier Rorona is the most difficult to fully complete unless you keep a guide handy. The general trend is that they get progressively easier as they get released. So Totori is easier than Rorona, Meruru is easier than Totori, Ayesha is easier than Meruru and so on. You could jump around, but I recommend playing them in order.

If you want to get a small sample of what you’d be getting into regarding the traditional Ateliers, you could always check out Atelier Annie for the DS. It has the elements of a traditional Atelier, but the difficulty isn’t as strict as Rorona or Totori.
Does that help? I tend to ramble when this series gets brought up because I <3 it so much.

That definitely helps a bunch, thanks a lot! Now I have a very good idea where to start :) Aaaand  I just moved Atelier Annie upper in my do-want list.

kashell

« Reply #7467 on: July 01, 2015, 12:00:57 pm »
Great! I hope you enjoy it. Atelier Annie is basic, but like I said, it will give you an idea of the time limit.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7468 on: July 01, 2015, 02:26:22 pm »
How-old.net says i look 47 beardless.... i am only 26

I am depressed now.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #7469 on: July 01, 2015, 04:00:01 pm »
Legend of Kay Wii U pushed back a month for the second time! Grr. I wish GS would alert you to delays.