Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1552354 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #8130 on: September 09, 2015, 06:55:09 pm »
I'd like to move down south to somewhere near the Atlanta metro area. Mild and HOT all year round. No winter. Ban winter. It's for the Eskimos and penguins, not me.

Atlanta gets brutal winters. They just don't last as long as they do elsewhere. How soon folks forget the snow-mageddon or snow-pocalypse of 2014.

Really? I recall seeing on the news how Atlanta shuts down at the occasional one inch of snow or freezing rain, like it's something spectacular. Sounds like a vast improvement for my money.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8131 on: September 09, 2015, 10:56:03 pm »
Snip

Thats insane, thats like every day from Thanksgiving until March in Chicago and we do just fine...

Hell we've had snow like that on Halloween before.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8132 on: September 09, 2015, 11:19:20 pm »
Why does everybody like to announce the names of NES titles in movie trailer guy voice? What is it about NES titles that makes people feel... the.. need... to do that voice?

kashell

« Reply #8133 on: September 10, 2015, 08:10:03 am »
Really? I recall seeing on the news how Atlanta shuts down at the occasional one inch of snow or freezing rain, like it's something spectacular. Sounds like a vast improvement for my money.

It's rare for Atlanta to get snow. The first year I was there, there wasn't any. The next year, it was minor. Then there was the snow-pocalypse. I think they had another day of shut downs this year, too.

But it's not the snow that's the issue; it's the freezing rain. Atlanta's ice storms are what cause workplaces to shut down, schools to cancel, etc. It'll rain during the winter, temperatures will drop below freezing while it's raining overnight, and all of the highways, bridges, etc. will become sheets of ice.

I know how to drive in that sort of condition since I'm from Ohio, but those who are raised in Atlanta didn't know what the hell to do. It's quite entertaining. The good news is that it they don't have that many cold days. Heck, by the beginning of March the dogwoods are usually starting to bud and the atmosphere is just lovely.

kashell

« Reply #8134 on: September 10, 2015, 08:11:16 am »
Snip

Thats insane, thats like every day from Thanksgiving until March in Chicago and we do just fine...

That's probably because places like Chicago are equipped with ice trucks to handle cold conditions. Atlanta has, like, two of them.

telly

« Reply #8135 on: September 10, 2015, 08:53:03 am »
Snip

That's probably because places like Chicago are equipped with ice trucks to handle cold conditions. Atlanta has, like, two of them.

That and people down south are less likely to buy cars with 4-wheel drive, or they aren't experienced winter drivers in general, since it doesn't happen all that often.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:03:34 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #8136 on: September 10, 2015, 09:10:45 am »
That and people down south are less likely to buy cars with 4-wheel drive.

That's another good point. When I was a resident there, I couldn't believe how many little sports cars and luxury cars I saw. Granted, Atlanta has an insane amount of money flowing through it.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8137 on: September 10, 2015, 09:37:13 am »
Screw this hot weather, its hit the 100s at least the last 3 days, and i havent slept. I could have pulled all nighters pretty much on games if i wanted too
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #8138 on: September 10, 2015, 09:56:00 am »
I'm listening to the Chrono Trigger soundtrack this morning at work and feeling energized because of it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8139 on: September 10, 2015, 11:34:05 am »

That's another good point. When I was a resident there, I couldn't believe how many little sports cars and luxury cars I saw. Granted, Atlanta has an insane amount of money flowing through it.

I thought all southerners loved themselves a big 4x4 just because 'Merica.

maximo310

« Reply #8140 on: September 10, 2015, 12:34:28 pm »
Screw this hot weather, its hit the 100s at least the last 3 days, and i havent slept. I could have pulled all nighters pretty much on games if i wanted too
Yesterday at school, it rained in the afternoon, but it was so hot that half of it just evaporated before it even hit the ground. So its been super humid there, and it probably will be the same today.

rayne315

« Reply #8141 on: September 10, 2015, 01:52:56 pm »
I'd like to move down south to somewhere near the Atlanta metro area. Mild and HOT all year round. No winter. Ban winter. It's for the Eskimos and penguins, not me.

Atlanta gets brutal winters. They just don't last as long as they do elsewhere. How soon folks forget the snow-mageddon or snow-pocalypse of 2014.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/we-re-looking-at-snow-totals-of---inches/article_10d835a4-2df1-11e0-8a97-001cc4c03286.html

I wanna move further north to get this kind of snowfall on more of a normal basis. If you do not have to littleraly dig your car out of the snow then there is not enough snow.

My house at the time had 24 inches of snow on the street (we live down a little traveled side street so we get plowed last) and a good 3-4 foot drifts against the house. Me and my brother had to go remove the snow from the roof and then we snowboarded off of the house and onto the drifts. It was so much fun.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:58:36 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #8142 on: September 10, 2015, 02:15:03 pm »
Just sitting outside listening to the rain fall. It's actually very peaceful and relaxing, especially when the rain is in a calm mood. It's been a dry September.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8143 on: September 10, 2015, 02:43:01 pm »

I thought all southerners loved themselves a big 4x4 just because 'Merica.

4x4 will help you get going, after that it's like any other vehicle in the snow.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8144 on: September 10, 2015, 02:47:19 pm »
Just sitting outside listening to the rain fall. It's actually very peaceful and relaxing, especially when the rain is in a calm mood. It's been a dry September.

Ill trade ya, i love rain
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730