Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672329 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13065 on: May 03, 2017, 09:41:32 am »
A local game store has a copy of Robotron 64 with one of those label maker top labels (Because they stack their games where you can't see the cover art) and it's written as Robot Ron 64.

That's what I love, stores that really know and love their product.  What a douche.

« Reply #13066 on: May 03, 2017, 10:06:26 am »
A local game store has a copy of Robotron 64 with one of those label maker top labels (Because they stack their games where you can't see the cover art) and it's written as Robot Ron 64.

That's what I love, stores that really know and love their product.  What a douche.
Honestly, I chuckle every time I see it.

But yes, he's a douche.

kashell

« Reply #13067 on: May 03, 2017, 12:23:52 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia-dlc-packs-detailed

Kudos to another user for pointing this link out to me.

Oh, Nintendo.

azure

« Reply #13068 on: May 03, 2017, 12:44:25 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia-dlc-packs-detailed

Kudos to another user for pointing this link out to me.

Oh, Nintendo.

All the Smash DLC costs more than the game itself, definitely rubs me the wrong way.

« Reply #13069 on: May 03, 2017, 12:47:25 pm »
lol $45 season pass for a $40 game.

desocietas

« Reply #13070 on: May 03, 2017, 01:35:52 pm »
Ugh, I really don't like DLC in general. I tend to play games long after release, so if I don't get the game soon or buy all the DLC early, I miss out on game content. Seems odd to lock people out of game content...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #13071 on: May 03, 2017, 01:40:53 pm »
That is another problem, I often come to games long after release as well and miss out on content. Seems with most modern games you have to get the game as soon as it releases and buy a season pass just to get all the content along with it. What happens when the 3DS' online service shuts down like with the DS, will there be a way to access the DLC you purchased to download again?

Edit: Any online service really, just using the 3DS as an example because FE was brought up.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13072 on: May 03, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »
Anyone here subscribe to Retro Gamer Magazine?

Have you received the last couple of issues?

I haven't received Issue 166 or 167. And apparently, from what I can see on Facebook comments, I'm not the only one.

Just curious if anyone here was having the issue.

kashell

« Reply #13073 on: May 03, 2017, 02:51:46 pm »
That is another problem, I often come to games long after release as well and miss out on content. Seems with most modern games you have to get the game as soon as it releases and buy a season pass just to get all the content along with it. What happens when the 3DS' online service shuts down like with the DS, will there be a way to access the DLC you purchased to download again?

Edit: Any online service really, just using the 3DS as an example because FE was brought up.

I'm not even a Fire Emblem fan and this whole thing annoys me. I heard that the DLC for things like Smash and Mario Kart was handled well, too.

« Reply #13074 on: May 04, 2017, 09:01:42 am »
I'm thinking it's just me, but anybody else buy Stardew Valley Collector's edition and open it up to find that the game is missing?

kashell

« Reply #13075 on: May 04, 2017, 11:55:33 am »
Happy Star Wars day to all you Star Wars fans. Speaking of, I haven't seen gf78 around in a while. I hope all is well with him!

desocietas

« Reply #13076 on: May 04, 2017, 12:30:18 pm »
Happy Star Wars day to all you Star Wars fans. Speaking of, I haven't seen gf78 around in a while. I hope all is well with him!

I hope so, too! Def think of him when I think of Star Wars :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13077 on: May 04, 2017, 12:35:29 pm »
There's a lot of Star Wars stuff out there for everything. 

What's another franchise you'd like to see more from?  Talk among yourselves.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13078 on: May 04, 2017, 12:51:08 pm »
Believe it or not, as much of a comic geek and sci-fi geek as I am, I'm not into Star Wars.

soera

« Reply #13079 on: May 04, 2017, 01:02:24 pm »

I sent him a message a few months back and he never responded. I know he was getting more into other things than gaming but I figured he would still be around.

Believe it or not, as much of a comic geek and sci-fi geek as I am, I'm not into Star Wars.

Me either. I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars. I also would prefer HP and LotR to Star Wars.  :-\