Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671395 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1740 on: March 04, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »
Even if you do signature delivery? Ive only sold 2 items on Ebay so I really havent ever dealt with being a seller.

I've heard it go both ways, but I'm definitely not a big fan of Paypal sometimes. I used to take postal money order on Ebay, but then they changed the rules so they could bleed more money off of you. :/ I've sold since 1998 on Ebay, and it has changed quite a bit in that time, and not all for the better. Sigh~

Agreed, ebay used to be fun and profitable in the late 90's. Now it's an overpriced headache. Still use it though *sigh*. Latest is a buyer who snipes at the last second and then doesn't pay or communicate going on 3 days now. One more day and I'm opening the non-paying bidder form.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1741 on: March 04, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »
Even if you do signature delivery? Ive only sold 2 items on Ebay so I really havent ever dealt with being a seller.

I've heard it go both ways, but I'm definitely not a big fan of Paypal sometimes. I used to take postal money order on Ebay, but then they changed the rules so they could bleed more money off of you. :/ I've sold since 1998 on Ebay, and it has changed quite a bit in that time, and not all for the better. Sigh~

Agreed, ebay used to be fun and profitable in the late 90's. Now it's an overpriced headache. Still use it though *sigh*. Latest is a buyer who snipes at the last second and then doesn't pay or communicate going on 3 days now. One more day and I'm opening the non-paying bidder form.

Same here. So frustrating since there was a bid war going on on the item, too. So it would have sold to someone else that would have paid.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:54:22 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #1742 on: March 04, 2014, 04:46:07 pm »
I've received some really horrible offers on my game lot today.

And the guy that offered me a lot of money now has one feedback! ... he bought a game in the lot that I'm selling and the seller gave him a positive immediately. Yeah dude, not falling for your trap.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1743 on: March 04, 2014, 05:14:03 pm »

I swallowed the additional cost and EMSed my guy's package, and dropped it off in person at the PO so I have drop-off confirmation. I'm just hoping it was a language confusion error, and not a potential scammer. Out of my hands now, though. I'll just make sure to keep everything. xD;

Hopefully your guy coughs up the funds soon!

scott

« Reply #1744 on: March 04, 2014, 09:24:32 pm »
Annd just got my DM. A whole 6.5 hours after they said to expect it.

But at least the ball is still rolling! Still can't believe I lucked out on it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

anruiukimi

« Reply #1745 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:11 pm »
You know that most of your stuff is packed up in different places and with organizational techniques when you can't remember if you sold or donated the boxed PSOne you had sitting around. X_x I was going to rig it up to the only TV in the house without a PS2 so my mom could play Dragon Warrior VII again, but I can't remember if I still have it.

Blah. I wonder if I can find a cheap working PS2 somewhere...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1746 on: March 05, 2014, 10:21:48 am »

I would think that shouldn't be very hard to find now  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1747 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:54 am »
I was actually thinking of picking up a second PS2. One to run Blue discs in and one to run Silver discs... I had a PS2 once that refused to play Blue discs after awhile and with all the new PS2 games I've been picking up. I don't want that to happen to my current PS2.

argyle

« Reply #1748 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:03 am »
I'm in no rush for it, but I'm keeping an eye out for a fat PS2 in good condition.  I have a slim, but I also have the hdd add-on w/ a TON of my old saves on it.  I had transferred them to my PS3, but when that went out I lost them all.  So the hdd is the only place they (should) exist, so I'd really like to confirm they're still there & back them up somewhere else. 

OK, I really want my Culdcept save to be there, if I lost everything else it wouldn't really bother me. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1749 on: March 05, 2014, 10:50:10 am »
I was actually thinking of picking up a second PS2. One to run Blue discs in and one to run Silver discs... I had a PS2 once that refused to play Blue discs after awhile and with all the new PS2 games I've been picking up. I don't want that to happen to my current PS2.

What's the difference between the PS2's blue, silver, and black discs - is it just a matter of amount of memory, or something?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1750 on: March 05, 2014, 12:05:50 pm »
Black discs are PS1 CDs. Blue discs are PS2 CDs and Silver discs are PS2 DVDs.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1751 on: March 05, 2014, 12:16:56 pm »

I would think that shouldn't be very hard to find now  ;)

I'll just have to get off my butt and go find one. The other two we have are both the big type PS2, but I'm thinking the little one might fit better on the downstairs TV...

foxhack

« Reply #1752 on: March 05, 2014, 01:37:03 pm »
My slim Ps2 won't read DVDs, but it reads CDs just fine. ???

karyann

« Reply #1753 on: March 05, 2014, 01:38:46 pm »
Black discs are PS1 CDs. Blue discs are PS2 CDs and Silver discs are PS2 DVDs.

So many years I have been wondering. Now I can finally sleep at night!

Seriously though, I'm happy that I know now :) I don't see why they would still make CDs in the PS2 era, though. At least there aren't many of them.

scott

« Reply #1754 on: March 05, 2014, 02:12:18 pm »
My slim Ps2 won't read DVDs, but it reads CDs just fine. ???

Maybe it was that way for me too... I can't remember. It was like a whole generation ago!