Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1607202 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7125 on: May 14, 2015, 10:39:37 am »
Im not talking about the games themselves ... but the people involved. Not as much the staff as the participants/people who think they can get all the items from this event and resell them. Going to be a PR mess.

People will try. People are such assholes.
My question is, who buys the stuff?  It goes for ridiculous prices at first. Those are the real assholes.

« Reply #7126 on: May 15, 2015, 11:13:25 am »
so this happend

I just ordered a Toad controller. omgomgomgomgomg

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7127 on: May 15, 2015, 11:19:11 am »
Are those coming over here?  That Bowser one is sick.

kashell

« Reply #7128 on: May 15, 2015, 11:45:11 am »
How cute are those!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7129 on: May 15, 2015, 11:53:37 am »
Awesome! Need job so i can buy some
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #7130 on: May 15, 2015, 11:56:14 am »
I want to order Kinopio! Heh what a name.

Where did you order it from?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7131 on: May 15, 2015, 12:28:57 pm »
Video Games Monthly - Retro Games Subscription Box

This is a great idea, I want to subscribe. But I want some sort of sampling of what kind of games I'd get before I take the plunge. I don't want to get crappy sports titles, or 20 copies of Super Mario Bros.

Does anyone know anything about this or anyone that has subscribed to this before that can tell us their experience with it?

kashell

« Reply #7132 on: May 15, 2015, 12:42:52 pm »
I just finished reading the FAQ. It seems odd. Do the games come complete? Can we send the games we don't want/like back for money? I didn't see those Q/As anywhere.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7133 on: May 15, 2015, 12:56:32 pm »
The company replied to my concerns on Facebook.

They said they know old sports games aren't coveted and they don't even deal with them. They also assured you will never get duplicate games, because they keep a database of all users and what games they sent. Also, they said you can check off what systems you own, so you don't get sent useless games. And finally, they assured that they are trying to keep a good rounded amount of action, RPG, adventure, platformers, all genres.

So it sounds promising. But they did say that due to the nature of old games, they can't ensure that they will come complete or with manuals. They did say that they guarantee they will work and they will have labels fully intact. Personally I've never been a completionist collector, so that doesn't bother me. I collect to play.

kashell

« Reply #7134 on: May 15, 2015, 01:53:54 pm »

They said they know old sports games aren't coveted and they don't even deal with them. They also assured you will never get duplicate games, because they keep a database of all users and what games they sent. Also, they said you can check off what systems you own, so you don't get sent useless games. And finally, they assured that they are trying to keep a good rounded amount of action, RPG, adventure, platformers, all genres.

So it sounds promising. But they did say that due to the nature of old games, they can't ensure that they will come complete or with manuals. They did say that they guarantee they will work and they will have labels fully intact. Personally I've never been a completionist collector, so that doesn't bother me.

Interesting. Well, if folks don't care about CIB and all that jazz, I think it sounds like a neat idea.

I collect to play.

Doesn't everyone on here collect to play?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7135 on: May 15, 2015, 02:05:14 pm »

So it sounds promising. But they did say that due to the nature of old games, they can't ensure that they will come complete or with manuals. They did say that they guarantee they will work and they will have labels fully intact. Personally I've never been a completionist collector, so that doesn't bother me.

Interesting. Well, if folks don't care about CIB and all that jazz, I think it sounds like a neat idea.

I collect to play.

Doesn't everyone on here collect to play?

No, lots of people have to have everything CIB, and minty. I'm not that kind of collector. If it works, and it's a legitimate copy, I'm happy.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7136 on: May 15, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »
A month away from the start of E3
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7137 on: May 15, 2015, 04:04:15 pm »
My GBA-SP will no longer hold a charge.  :'(

« Reply #7138 on: May 15, 2015, 04:24:51 pm »
Where did you order it from?
eBay.

Are those coming over here?  That Bowser one is sick.
Probably not. The last set, Peach and Yoshi, came out in limited quantities in the EU. Peach came to GameStops in limited numbers. The new set hasn't hit the EU at all so I don't think NA will get them.

There are replacement ones
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:27:41 pm by badATchaos »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7139 on: May 15, 2015, 04:40:53 pm »
There are replacement ones

Yeah, for $$$. I already paid my money for one. And now I have to again.