Author Topic: So what's the site's opinion on taking info from other sites?  (Read 4960 times)

pacpix

Re: So what's the site's opinion on taking info from other sites?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 10:16:31 am »
Ok thanks!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 11:35:41 am »
Just make sure it's a REAL cover. Some sites like The Cover Project post custom covers, which are great, but not useful to us for obvious reasons.

Also, try to double check the image with your own copy of the game if possible. Sites may have promo or not final artwork with differences in ESRB rating, different artwork, no UPC, wrong product code, etc.

pacpix

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 05:14:53 pm »
Yeah I have noticed the promo artwork on some games.  I just had not changed it because of I was not sure if it was OK to take art from other sites.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

psydswipe

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 03:29:27 am »
Legally it's no problem either. I know I explained it all in another thread but I can't seem to find it. Basically the scanner isn't the artist and has no rights to the image.

Are you sure it wasn't this thread? I think there used to be more posts here and that was well before the data loss. I had been the last person to post in this thread months ago but my post is gone. I'm quite certain it was this thread. I had disagreed about taking box scans, but this isn't my website :)

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 07:14:04 am »
I've scanned in anything that I have myself, with the exception of my Naki Eliminator NES Cleaner because what i own ins't the complete package.  I gave a courtesy link to the nesrepairshop.com in the description and it was accepted, hopefully that's ok.

foxhack

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 01:48:46 pm »
Uh... I don't think it is.

scott

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 01:57:43 pm »
Uh... I don't think it is.

Anything that is not a description of the box or games misc info or variations shouldn't be listed in the description field.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread