Author Topic: You know how I know we have a very narrow type of gamer here?  (Read 9183 times)

darko

Re: You know how I know we have a very narrow type of gamer here?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »
If she needs help with images and whatnot, feel free to bring me in on it. I don't mind gathering data when I can.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 03:10:51 pm »
I'm sorry that it makes you feel conflicted disgaeniac and if you want to take it out on me feel free. Again I'm sorry that she isn't going to be around. It was really cool having her around. I like having a bunch of folks with diverse collecting habits around here, it makes the conversation more interesting. If there is anything I can do to help fix the situation, I'm more than willing to help.

Nah,

I'm not mad at ya' Scott (or anyone else) and don't have anything that I want to "take out on you", either :)

Re-thinking it, "conflicted" wasn't the best/most appropriate word choice there -
I'm now thinking that a better word choice would have been: "Disappointed";

mainly because I'm sure that I was somewhat influential in getting her to stop by/check the site out.

When I'd ask/recommend her to check-out the site...it was mainly for what you just said...
...by that, I mean that I thought/was hoping that there would be a better 'chemistry' between her & the site (as in, the site offering her helpful sorting/cataloging resources) -and- (Obviously), she would in return add a great deal of diversity & knowledge to our discussions, database, and just, in general, being a very knowledgeable person about many of the games that the majority of us here *aren't* all that knowledgeable about.

@Scott:

I'm not 100% positive, but I'd guess that a PM from you asking what *exactly* it is that would make this a more pleasureable & convenient experience for her...perhaps followed-up by a talk with Matt about seeing what we can do regarding *Implimenting* these things...could potentially go a long way.

As always, just my 2 cents (yeah - I'm keeping a tab for you guys)  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »
Yeah I was going to send her a pm after work.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 11:49:28 am »
Sorry to hear that we lost a valuable member :(

soera

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 01:16:05 pm »
I saw her on last night ... hopefully the situation is worked out!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:27 pm »
I don't own like any field or court sports games. However I do own a bunch of wrestling and skateboarding games. I've been a pro-wrestling fan for many years so they're obviously gonna appeal to me, and Tony Hawk games are just plain fun even if you aren't into skateboarding. And who can forget the awesomeness of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on NES?

But yeah; NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc. games are pretty much worthless to me as I'm not a sports fan at all.

rachel

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:06 am »
I don't have any modern sports games, PS3 NBA Jam and Wii Sports aside. However, I do have a soft spot for old NES sports titles... Blades of Steel and Tennis are two that come to mind. I was also a pretty big fan of dedicated LCD sports games as a kid. (And oh how I wanted that Konami TMNT Basketball game...!)

It's true about the million copies of Madden '9x or whatever collecting dust in resale shops. They're always priced so high! Just clear those guys out -- 99 cents a pop -- and be done with it, right? ;)

rachel

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 01:41:33 am »
Oh, and while it's not a game I played growing up, Tecmo Super Bowl is one of the most impressive NES games from a programming perspective. The intro to that game is completely AMAZING when you consider the technical graphic limitations of the NES. Honestly, I just like to watch it in nametable and PPU viewers. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 02:15:21 am »
Just clear those guys out -- 99 cents a pop -- and be done with it, right? ;)

My local used music shop did this a few years back. I got a ton of WWF/E games for $1.99 a piece. It was great!

ffxik

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 05:02:45 am »
I don't have any modern sports games, PS3 NBA Jam and Wii Sports aside. However, I do have a soft spot for old NES sports titles... Blades of Steel and Tennis are two that come to mind. I was also a pretty big fan of dedicated LCD sports games as a kid. (And oh how I wanted that Konami TMNT Basketball game...!)

It's true about the million copies of Madden '9x or whatever collecting dust in resale shops. They're always priced so high! Just clear those guys out -- 99 cents a pop -- and be done with it, right? ;)

A game shop a couple of towns over is currently doing just that.  Has everything from NES-PS2/Xbox up for .99 A whole shelf of nothing but sports titles. 95% of which are EA.  They still aren't selling though

ko1ru

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 09:27:12 am »
... They still aren't selling though

Ha!  Garbage is still garbage, no matter how cheap it is!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 10:19:56 am »
... They still aren't selling though

Ha!  Garbage is still garbage, no matter how cheap it is!

True Dat!

godnightshade

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 11:40:05 am »
Nerds.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

scott

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread