Author Topic: This game SUCKS!  (Read 8356 times)

atariboy

Re: This game SUCKS!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 09:20:02 pm »
Not E.T., I actually really liked it. If you follow the instructions, it's a solid game. Just saying this before someone goes "HUR DUR EEEE TEEE IS BAD :<<<<"
Man E.T. never gets any love. I agree it is not that bad of a game, there are a few spots that are frustrating but once you get over those it really is not as bad as it is made out to be.

I hate ET. I would fall into a pit after a few minutes of playing and never be able to get out.
most people wouldn't get out of the pit and say that it was a crappy game without playing all the way through.  :P
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

soera

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »
Its not that I just fell in and said fuck it :O I actually did try a few times to get out of the pit and simply never did. But to me the game I mentioned in my first post is so much worse.

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »
Its not that I just fell in and said fuck it :O I actually did try a few times to get out of the pit and simply never did. But to me the game I mentioned in my first post is so much worse.
The key to the game is to realize that any pixel of E.T. (even the head) that collides with the pits (dark green shapes, they aren't grass or anything else that some people say) will send you into the pit. This should help:
Ignore the ignorant people in the comments, they just don't know any better :p

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 10:10:34 pm »

I HATE this game. it frustrates me to no end.

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 11:12:37 pm »
I have never liked E.T. much, there is definitely games that are much worse.

http://vgcollect.com/item/10016

One of the first games I got for my Genesis.  Have no idea why I actually finished the game...
As someone who likes bad games, even I think that one's hopeless.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 08:35:34 am »
Unlimited Saga... I'm tempted to rent it/buy it to see if it's just as unplayable as it was when I played it 10 years ago.  I literally couldn't get past the first battle.

Love this bit from its Wikipedia article:
Unlimited Saga was not well-received outside of Japan, receiving mostly low to average scores from critics. Electronic Gaming Monthly simply declared: "This game sucks. Unlimited Saga exemplifies everything that's wrong with RPGs today and throws it all together in one deluxe package for all to avoid like the plague."
I bought that from disgaeniac a while back, but never put it in the PS3 to play it. I heard a ton of bad things about it though and eventually I'll sift through it just so I can say I did. Mainly got it, cause it's a SaGa game.

Actually, I think that I sold you a copy of Romancing SaGa...and pointed you towards a cheap copy of Unlimited SaGa that I'd seen on Amazon...

...Then again - who actually *remembers* stuff like that?
 ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 09:06:23 am »
Ya that's right. Usually I remember all kinds of useless crap, but my memory is cloudy atm thanks to ridiculous amounts of cold medicine. Ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 11:07:02 am »
Ya that's right. Usually I remember all kinds of useless crap, but my memory is cloudy atm thanks to ridiculous amounts of cold medicine. Ha

Hah!

Yeah...I remember all kinds of shit that's totally worthless, useless, and not "worth" remembering at all ("Medicated", or not) :P

I think I need some kind of "mental purge" device so I can *delete* the useless crap & put the "space" to better use  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 11:17:42 am »
Silver Surfer! Even a game genie couldn't save this POS!

jobocan

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 11:34:39 am »
Aww, I happen to kinda like Silver Surfer. Yes, it's unreasonably hard and clearly people on the development team were evil, but the gameplay itself isn't horrible.

blipcs76

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 11:52:05 am »
M.U.S.C.L.E., a NES game with practically 2600-level graphics and awful gameplay.

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:06 pm »
M.U.S.C.L.E., a NES game with practically 2600-level graphics and awful gameplay.

!!! I remember the M.U.S.C.L.E. franchise!  I'd completely forgotten about them.  We had so many, I think we even had the belt.  I wonder what happened to all the ones we owned...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 12:43:48 pm »
Unlimited Saga... I'm tempted to rent it/buy it to see if it's just as unplayable as it was when I played it 10 years ago.  I literally couldn't get past the first battle.

Love this bit from its Wikipedia article:
Unlimited Saga was not well-received outside of Japan, receiving mostly low to average scores from critics. Electronic Gaming Monthly simply declared: "This game sucks. Unlimited Saga exemplifies everything that's wrong with RPGs today and throws it all together in one deluxe package for all to avoid like the plague."
I bought that from disgaeniac a while back, but never put it in the PS3 to play it. I heard a ton of bad things about it though and eventually I'll sift through it just so I can say I did. Mainly got it, cause it's a SaGa game.

Actually, I think that I sold you a copy of Romancing SaGa...and pointed you towards a cheap copy of Unlimited SaGa that I'd seen on Amazon...

...Then again - who actually *remembers* stuff like that?
 ;)

I made that mistake.  I heard awesome things about Romancing SaGa, but bought Unlimited instead.  At least the music is good.

desocietas

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »
I made that mistake.  I heard awesome things about Romancing SaGa, but bought Unlimited instead.  At least the music is good.

I've heard that.  I think there was some Youtube video about there listing off 10 unremarkable games with remarkable soundtracks, and Unlimited SaGa was one of them.

A shame for the series as SaGa Frontier II is one of my favorite RPGs with great dialogue and artwork (unless SFII is a fluke in the franchise...?).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 04:48:40 pm »

!!! I remember the M.U.S.C.L.E. franchise!  I'd completely forgotten about them.  We had so many, I think we even had the belt.  I wonder what happened to all the ones we owned...

I used to have loads of MUSCLE characters. Some of them were so damned cool looking! I dont know what happened to the ones I had either. :(