Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III  (Read 1754 times)

scott

Assassin's Creed III
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:58:18 am »
Anyone else get it? I play it for a little bit last night and was really digging it. I'm a huge fan of Colonial America and the Revolutionary War though, so that may be a big factor. So far it seems pretty easy to get full sync on missions, I hope that as the game goes on the challenges get harder.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

psydswipe

Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »
I have it on my desk at work and will begin it tonight  ;D

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »
Assassin's Creed? Hmm, never heard of it, must not be a very popular game.... maybe I'll check it out.

scott

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:48:41 pm »
Assassin's Creed? Hmm, never heard of it, must not be a very popular game.... maybe I'll check it out.

Oh it's totally awesome, it's about sci-fi, assassins and stuff...  :P

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:22:10 pm »
What was it jcalder said in that other topic? If you have nothing good to say just don't say anything?
... yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

Hate this series. :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 10:17:28 am »
What was it jcalder said in that other topic? If you have nothing good to say just don't say anything?
... yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

Hate this series. :P

If you hate this game, you hate America!  If you hate America, the terrorist win.  Don't let the terrorist win. 

psydswipe

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 12:32:36 pm »
Perhaps he didn't really mean hate? A game would have to do something to someone for them to hate it, right? I can see not finding it fun, I guess :o The Ezio spin offs made for perhaps a bit of an AC overload, but the series overall is quite good. I'd put ACII as one of the top 10 games of the past five years. Anyways, I played four hours of the new game last night. I don't want to say much so as not to spoil anything, but I am surprised that I have yet to gain control of the main protagonist. I'm not sure if the starting character was revealed in previews as I largely avoided them.

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 01:13:35 pm »
Maybe "hate" is too strong a word. Maybe "there isn't a single aspect of any of the games in the series that I enjoy even the slightest bit" is more appropriate.

scott

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »
To each their own.

Personally I love stealth game play, historical periods and sandboxing. I think the biggest thing for me in stealth games is the challenge of trying to take your time and no be noticed. It's why Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear, Splinter Cell are all among my favs. Plus, I like the environments in the main AC games. I've spent countless hours in AC, II and Brotherhood (Revelations is in my backlog atm, due to time) just wandering around free running and exploring. One day I even stumbled on to this while searching for flags... it's a neat little easter egg.

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 05:51:10 pm »

scott

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 07:47:08 pm »
Ha ya. I ran right by it and then did a double take and went back to look at it. Then snapped a pic of it.

psydswipe

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 07:25:49 am »
I'm not certain I know what that is. It looks kind of like Optimus Prime  ??? I actually don't like stealth that much but most missions you don't have to be stealth. I just don't get the full synchronization that often. Open world type games and seeing new settings is great though, and the historical aspect to these games is fun too. Last night I got to the main character and started hunting. I'm not the most patient person so instead of stalking animals I was charging them which often fails, and won't work on those that fight back, but I got a few deer and rabbits by running them down  :D

madmax

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 05:12:41 pm »
I'm really excited for AC3, I really like the story in these games. it really keeps you coming back for more.
I am waiting for the PC version however. i will probably play through the game during my xmas break.

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 12:10:55 pm »
I started playing this on Monday and I haven't been enjoying it nearly as much as I have the past releases. The game itself isn't bad it just doesn't play the same as the other games in the series. I can't stand how short all the buildings are, I used to love climbing as high as I could but that is gone. I have also found it hard to stay on the rooftops when moving from one spot to the next.

scott

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 12:22:35 pm »
From what I played, I noticed that it handled slightly different compared to other games in the series. But at the same time I love Colonial America and it was cool exploring 1700s Boston. I haven't gotten very far with it though, since I've been busy. I hope to get back to it soon.