Author Topic: WoW! Look at all of these SNES games!  (Read 1411 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

WoW! Look at all of these SNES games!
« on: December 10, 2012, 01:56:22 pm »
Anyone see this yet?!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/collector-selling-every-snes-game-for-25000-6401333

Not much of a SNES collector/expert myself, so I'm wondering...is this outrageous, or what?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:01:29 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Re: WoW! Look at all of these NES games!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 02:03:37 pm »
You'd be able to buy them cheaper if you did it yourself (if you paid their full total you'd be paying almost $35 a game), but part of the price of these complete sets is the (apparent) prestige of having an insta-collection and not having to go searching yourself.

Full sets don't interest me in the slightest, I don't understand people buying crappy games that they know they won't want to play.

darko

Re: WoW! Look at all of these SNES games!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:06:15 pm »
Everything better be MINT, totally complete (inserts included), and there better be every competition cart, etc. Even then, I think that's too much. Maybe $15,000?

soera

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:41 pm »
He's a member of NA named Byuu (I believe thats his name) and there are a couple threads to his sale on there.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »
Yeah, that's byuu, coder of the bsnes SNES emulator. He bought all these games to redump and scan them.

25 grand for all of these is cheap.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 02:46:45 pm »
These types of auctions pop up all the time.  I figure this is just some dude asking a crazy high price for a collection to brag for a bit.  If someone bites, sure he'll sell it.  If not, tons of people talking about it on forums all over the internet; just like we're doing here.

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 02:48:04 pm »
It's not just some crazy dude.

Well, he is kinda crazy, but not because of this price. I'm pretty sure he spent that much money just to dump the games properly.

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 03:36:52 pm »
I don't think the price is that excessive since they all have boxes. Of course it's not how I would want to buy it or how I would spend the money if I had it.

ko1ru

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »
I think it's a reasonable price considering just how many of these are complete and in decent condition (according to the seller).  Would I buy them all in one go?  Probably not.  For one, the thrill and satisfaction of amassing such a complete collection is going out and finding each and every one of these games for yourself, not relying on someone else to have already done the work.  Also, I certainly don't have that kind of money anyway.  :P