Author Topic: Wii U, who's getting it?  (Read 11521 times)

lordmeatpie

Re: Wii U, who's getting it?
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »
yeah theyre all sold out here in Red Deer, AB everywhere you go, but this is an oil boom town.
i expect more to be available soon.
none have come into my store yet though, probably within the next couple weeks we'll get a couple in. you know some rigger spent too much during downtime and will need some extra cash haha
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

anton

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2012, 06:48:25 pm »
One good thing about Wii U I noticed today, there's no achievement/trophy.
I know some people really enjoy this, but some just try to get their gamerscore/psn lvl high and think it's the reason they play games.

I mean we were already trying to finish our games 100% few years ago when there was no trophies, i just think it's pointless.
Just my 2cents.

lordmeatpie

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2013, 01:16:40 am »
I got my Wii U a couple nights ago :D
I've been having a blast playing New Super Mario Bros. U and Scribblenauts Unlimited! I wanted to get ZombieU but I didn't have enough for it at the moment. These two games will last me quite awhile until some of the others start dropping in price.
Overall, I'm impressed and it's alot of fun.
The battery life of the gamepad is somewhat short, but whatever, it charges really fast anyways.
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

soera

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2013, 12:01:07 pm »
Im still waiting for one of three things :
DQX or an old style version of Metroid or Zelda.

Dont see me getting the system without one of those three.

sin2beta

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2013, 07:28:29 pm »
I don't have a WiiU, but really only because I restricted myself to a certain type of system to keep the personal collection focused.

I LOVE the original wii. Sin and Punishment 2 is one of my favorite games this generation. And the most recent Wii U title announcements are very exciting. Personally, I really like Nintendo and the direction they take.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2013, 08:31:34 pm »
I don't think I mentioned it on this thread, but my parents got one for both my brother and me. It's awesome. I'm 31 and he's 25 and our folks still get us a new Nintendo for Christmas. It's like I'm a kid all over again.

Anyway, I love it. SMB U has monopolized my (and my son's) game time. He wants to "Play the Mario Wii game" every afternoon. In fact, it's been a while since my Xbox has been on.  I'm BIG on this console right now.  If they keep adding games, I might not catch up on my Xbox backlog.

sin2beta

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »
I don't think I mentioned it on this thread, but my parents got one for both my brother and me. It's awesome. I'm 31 and he's 25 and our folks still get us a new Nintendo for Christmas. It's like I'm a kid all over again.

Anyway, I love it. SMB U has monopolized my (and my son's) game time. He wants to "Play the Mario Wii game" every afternoon. In fact, it's been a while since my Xbox has been on.  I'm BIG on this console right now.  If they keep adding games, I might not catch up on my Xbox backlog.

Haha! That's awesome about you and your son. I assume you have from your avatar... but have you seen the final Nester comic at the back of the last Nintendo Power? Your post reminded me of it.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c